Trying to stay positive

jjcjr63
on 2/26/15 6:38 pm - pottstown, PA
RNY on 02/19/15

Hi,  I had RNY 2.19.15.  Just started soups.  This is way harder than I thought it would be.  Trying to stay positive through this.  But regrets keep creeping in my head.  Any advice or good thoughts would be greatly appreciated to help cut the anxiety. 

Doingrightin2015
on 2/26/15 6:55 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

Hi I have not had my R&Y yet. Will have it 3/10/15 however, I had lost 108 lbs and gained 88 lbs of that back...that is what I regret. I am really looking forward to having this tool to help me get it back off and work it to keep it off. I am sure I will have someof the same thoughts that you are having right now. I have a nephew that had the surgery a few years ago and I know he said that he had days thinking "what have I done?" When he lost 200 lbs that first year he no longer asked that question and is so happy now that he did do it. Said he would do it again. Hang in there. Getting to were you can have food to sink your teeth in and chew will come soon and then I bet you will feel better about it.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

jjcjr63
on 2/26/15 9:11 pm - pottstown, PA
RNY on 02/19/15

Thank you.....I appreciate the outlook....Good luck as well!

bublegirl1
on 2/26/15 8:05 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

I had the sleeve in 2010 and revised to RNY this past November. Both times I had terrible anxiety and buyers remorse. Its totally normal. The mental part, for me, was way worse than the physical. 

But! It DOES get better and rather quickly! Especially when you see the lbs dropping and feeling your clothes get loose. Hang in there and try to remember this is only for a short time in the grand scheme of things. Soon you will be on softer actual foods and that will make you feel a little better. One day at a time and keep your eye on the prize. A healthier and smaller you. 😉

-Amie

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/15 8:54 pm

bublegirl1,

Would you care to tell me the reasons for your revision from the sleeve to RNY?  I'm scheduled to have the sleeve on 4/1/15.  I made up my mind for the sleeve because I wanted to keep a more intact intestinal tract. I realized that the malabsorptive procedures like the RNY or the DS will  have more weight loss.

I have read that "patients with a tendency to ‘graze’ (eat small amounts frequently) are better served by weight loss operations that limit food absorption (typically in bypassing sections of the intestines). People who tend to eat large meals (volume eaters), may be better served with gastric restriction (decreasing the size of the stomach). "

What is your opinion?

bublegirl1
on 2/26/15 9:03 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

I have been severely overweight since childhood. Although the sleeve helped in the beginning I didn't get to goal. I have accountability for that because as the weight loss slowed down I didn't follow plan as I should due to frustration. I regained about half the weight back but maintained that for two years. My surgeon thought the RNY would be helpful for me to reach goal because of the early malabsorption. I am fully aware though that it's still up to me to make good choices. Just really praying this honeymoon period will get me where I need to be and I know I will fight like hell to stay there. I never knew what thin and healthy felt like. Still don't although I'm 40 lbs to goal. Looking back I think I sabotaged myself. I got to 209 from 286 and went back up from there in a short amount of time. Idk if subconsciously I was scared or what. But I'm more aware this time around. 

The weight loss is about the same with the sleeve as the RNY. So if restriction is the main issue you have I'm sure you will do great! For me I didn't want the DS it just didn't seem like a good fit. So although the caloric malabsorption isn't forver I feel like it's giving me a fighting chance. 

Hope this helps and sorry so long lol 

-Amie

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/15 9:27 pm

Thank you so much for sharing.  I appreciate your informative response and I wish you a pleasant and successful 

weight loss journey.

jjcjr63
on 2/26/15 9:13 pm - pottstown, PA
RNY on 02/19/15

Thank you!....I appreciate you taking the time to respond....I am trying to hang in there!!!!

Nurseihs
on 2/27/15 2:07 am - Latrobe, PA

Hi, I had my RNY 2/18/15 and I couldn't be happier. I'm on purée foods and it really hasn't been an issue for me. I'm eating purée cottage cheese, purée chicken salad and purée tuna salad. I have been able to get all my fluids in and I feel good. Sure I have some anxiety but I really wanted this tool to change my health around. I investagated everything I could about this surgery, what to eat, what to expect and I'm excited to see where my weight loss takes me. I'm sure you are doing fine and doesn't your menu taste so much better than clear liquids? Feel free to contact me any time. I know it's hard but the rewards are so great!

Cooter N.
on 2/26/15 8:40 pm

I had rny Feb. 3 and I understand how you feel. I am in the stage of not really knowing what to do with myself. I just came off a 2.5 week stall and I hate watching everyone else eat. Each day gets better and I have continued to see my councilor. Our head space can do crazy things to us. You just have to find new things to read and get pamper yourself. 

Surgery 2/3/15 Band to RNY Hw:272 CW:262   

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 130 views