What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/1/15 9:10 pm, edited 3/1/15 9:11 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning from CNY!  So here's something:  it was reported on Saturday that the temperature never got above freezing here in Syracuse for the entire month of February.  The whole month.  Below freezing.  Crazyness.  I'm so ready for spring it's not even funny.  Also, we just booked our annual trip to see a Yankees-Red Sox game in April, so I'm totally looking forward to that.  Yay!!  Last year we did the Museum of Natural History and the Empire State Building in the same weekend trip and it was super fun.  This year we're going to try and work in the Statue of Liberty.  I think not being super fat will make this year's adventure much mo bettah!  LOL  I've lived in NY my whole life, most of it within an hour of NYC and I've never been to the Statue of Liberty and before last year, had never been to the Empire State Building.  I love being a tourist in my home state!

Oh!  I finally made it to the "interstate"!  My Thursday AM 200.0 reading was killing me so I jumped on the scale on Saturday morning:  198.2, son!  There may or may not have been a solo living room dance party at 6 am to celebrate.

Kristen's Question of the Day!  Are you a sports fan?  What's your sport and what teams do you follow?

I love me some baseball.  I am a Mets fan from way back, but my husband and son like the Yankees.  Obvs.  I also like football (Go Bills!) and basketball, but mostly college.  Pro basketball takes too long.  LOL

B:  Click mocha (I ran out of k-cups) and a Friendship Fit to Go 4%

S:  a jonagold apple and .8 oz. sharp cheddar.  Yes, this is an oddly specific amount, but that's what was left in the package.

L:  4 oz. Buffalo chicken salad and .8 oz. pork rinds.  See above for explanation of oddly specific amount.

D:  over easy egg on a spicy black bean burger

TOTALS:  Cals:  896  Protein:  91 (wootwoot)  Carbs:  57  Fat:  39

SkinnyScientist
on 3/1/15 9:29 pm

B-Shirred Eggs (i.e. sauted onions with a one egg cracked over them with 1 tablespoon skim milk and 1 tablesppon parmesan also in the ramekin).

L- 1/4 of a pulled pork sandwich (BBQ) and 1/2 red pepper with tzaki

S-Indian butter chicken, subituting spiralized zucchini for the rice.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

SkinnyScientist
on 3/1/15 9:29 pm
SkinnyScientist
on 3/1/15 9:30 pm

B-Shirred Eggs (i.e. sauted onions with a one egg cracked over them with 1 tablespoon skim milk and 1 tablesppon parmesan also in the ramekin).

L- 1/4 of a pulled pork sandwich (BBQ) and 1/2 red pepper with tzaki

S-Indian butter chicken, subituting spiralized zucchini for the rice.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

mamata2
on 3/1/15 9:55 pm

Way to go AV!  Seeing the "1" is a miraculous thing and must be followed by a celebratory dance!  Today I am celebrating my 8 month surgiversary!  It amazes me that it has been that long and only that long, LOL.  In eight months I have lost 94 lbs but gained so much confidence and health.  However, I still have my ups and downs.  Yesterday I ate and ate and ate... I made Lemon Cream Cheese Bars and ate way too many.  But today is a new day and I'm really going to reign in the bad carbs and sugar.

Definitely a sports fan!  LOVE my Wisconsin Badgers!  I like the Packers and Brewers but like you AV, pro basketball doesn't thrill me.  I love to play sports too.  Although I get a bit competitive.

Time since surgery: 8 months TODAY!

B: SF Latte and 1/4 cup steel cut oats with a tsp of dried cherries and a tsp of slivered almonds

S: Coffee with creamer and 1/2 Quest Bar

L: TJ's Chili Lime Chicken Strips (THANK YOU ANNY) and 2 oz refried beans

S: Kay's Natural BBQ Snack Mix

Post-workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

D: TJ's Chili Lime Chicken Strip with green beans

Totals: 765 calories, 86 protein, 18 fat, 73 carbs

BTW, I made Eggface's Ricotta pancakes for the first time last night and I am in LOVE!  Why have I been afraid to try those?

AnnyBananny
on 3/1/15 9:55 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning! Good morning! I'm lounging in bed drinking a cup of tea because I got a 2 hour delay! Thank goodness for small favors. There was yet another ice storm yesterday, so everyone needed some extra time to clean up. One lovely thing about living in an apartment is that you aren't in charge of clearing the walkways, etc.

I missed Friday because...I don't know - I'm stressed wrapping things up at work and my current Director is not making my life any easier because she's mad that I'm going and honestly I was being lazy!

Anyway, since I missed Photo Friday I'm posting a picture today! On Saturday my sister and I took my nieces to visit our grandma, Thelma, she's 93 and still quite feisty. She loved watching the babes play and I know my mom was so happy we were able to make the trip. Here's 4 generations of the ladies of my family (in an "us-ie"!)

Time since surgery: 11+ months

B: breakfast sandwich

S: Coffee with cream, L&F + PB2

L: hard boiled eggs, turkey sticks, Babybel light, granola thin

S before spinning: almonds

D: TJ's turkey meatballs with sauce and cheese

S: Power Crunch bar and maybe some Dole Dippers

TOTALS: Calories 1301, Protein 97, Carbs 78, Fat 72

V/W: started

E: spinning

The scale and I are in a big fight. I've been bouncing from 157.5 to 159 basically since the beginning of January and it's making me insane. I'd be perfectly happy if this is where I landed long term - I feel healthy, I'm in a "normal" BMI, I like what I see in the mirror, I can fit in single digit sizes sometimes...but for my own person satisfaction I want to get to that 155 at least for a day! I want to snap that picture of my scale and I say I made it to goal! Is it bad that I'm sort of wishing for a stomach virus or something?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mamata2
on 3/1/15 10:06 pm

Great pic Anny!  Looks like fun :)

AngryViking
on 3/1/15 10:45 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Aw, what a great family photo!

NYMom222
on 3/1/15 11:45 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Great Pic Anny... Rather than fighting with the scale, maybe you should do that body scan like Em did and see how much body fat you really have. Maybe there really isn't too much fat left to fight with and that is why you can't get to the magical 155...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/15 4:02 am

Great picture Anny. I am sorry your boss is not be easy to deal with. But soon you won't be there a new chapter is starting for your life.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 224 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?