I know everyone is tired of hearing from me...but

Doingrightin2015
on 3/1/15 6:55 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

I am just getting so excited. I am now starting day 7 of my 2 week pre-op diet. Yes a week from tomorrow will be my surgery day!!! Yah!!! I am just getting so dang excited. I plan to get my hair cut and dyed this upcoming weekend, so that will all be fresh and help me feel better about me right after surgery I hope. I am just so dang excited....I can't wait!!! Oh, and so far I have done wonderful on my pre-op diet. I got this!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

Cathy W.
on 3/1/15 9:13 pm

I love your confidence with your pre-op diet and your WLS.  You're right - you've got this!

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Maria27
on 3/1/15 9:32 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

That's great to hear! I start my pre-op diet tomorrow, and my surgery is one week after yours. I am getting excited too! Tonight I am doing a final purging of food I won't be eating from my apartment.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

InTransition
on 3/1/15 9:33 pm
RNY on 09/08/14

No worries - we all understand the excitement!  Just allow yourself to not be stressed if you don't feel well after surgery.  To be honest, aside from the first day after surgery, I felt great the first week or so...it was after that that my body when...uh....WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?!?!  Just be patient with yourself, love you wherever you are in the process, and look forward to a healthier future!  Slow and steady wins the race!

poet_kelly
on 3/1/15 10:34 pm - OH

I think it is awesome that you are excited about your pre-op diet.  I was, too.  I only had to do it for a week, so that was easier than two, I'm sure.  But I just saw it as meaning I was almost to surgery day. 

I think the pre-op diet is one of the hardest things about this surgery, because you are on such a limited diet and you don't have the benefits of surgery to help you yet.  If you have done wonderful on your pre-op diet for a whole week, you can keep doing wonderful for the second week.  And if you can do wonderful on that for two whole weeks, well, you will do great after surgery.  Just stay focused and remember, you've made it this far.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

White Dove
on 3/1/15 11:06 pm - Warren, OH

I saw the pre-op diet as the first step in my new adventure.  It was exciting and I am glad that you are excited too.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

iloveravens
on 3/2/15 12:11 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Congratulations and best of luck to you!  You've got this!  xoxo

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Doingrightin2015
on 3/2/15 7:18 am
RNY on 03/10/15

Thank you everyone. The pre-op diet is going very well.  I too look at it as ok just 1 more week now and I get to have my surgery. Funny I was thinking this coming Sunday time springs forward an hour! yeah. That means that my surgery time will appear to get here faster for me on that Tuesday while I am still trying to adjust to the spring forward time. LOL.

A co-worker asked me today if I was nervous. Heck no, I am excited. I have had surgery in the past. The only one I was nervous about was the first one which was an emergency C-Section. I am thinking this will be a piece of cake!!!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

hollykim
on 3/2/15 9:24 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 2, 2015 at 2:55 AM Pacific Time, Doingrightin2015 wrote:

I am just getting so excited. I am now starting day 7 of my 2 week pre-op diet. Yes a week from tomorrow will be my surgery day!!! Yah!!! I am just getting so dang excited. I plan to get my hair cut and dyed this upcoming weekend, so that will all be fresh and help me feel better about me right after surgery I hope. I am just so dang excited....I can't wait!!! Oh, and so far I have done wonderful on my pre-op diet. I got this!

I am thrilled that you are excited! I totally was also. Couldn't wait to. Get on the table. So.  Afraid so etching was going to happen. To keep me from having surgery! 

I have a hard time understanding those that are scared to death,but that is their feelings.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 99 views
Recent Topics