One day out!

ChillOutWayne
on 3/3/15 5:38 am
RNY on 03/02/15

All done! Had surgery yesterday at 930am and made it back to my room by about 2. I was pretty groggy and sore most of the day, by evening I was moving around some and working on my breathing meter thing. I had a brutal night tho, i think I ended up with about an hour and half of sleep total. The drain was likely rubbing on my diaphragm they said which was causing pain when breathing and a unique pain in my left shoulder.

I also had, and still have, this intense gas build up in my abdomen which Is very uncomfortable. I just can't release any gas at all yet, I've been walking a lot and cleared for fluids after my barium test this morning. I'm pulling 2500-3000 on my spirometer and very comfortable outside of this gas. Right now I just have iv for fluids hooked up and that's all, tho I am taking the vicodin elixir to receive my abdominal pain. 

Otherwise they say I'm doing great and shouldn't have a problem heading home tomorrow. Now I just need to lose some of this gas and I'll be in great shape. 

W8_No_More
on 3/3/15 8:30 am - Kitchener, Canada

The gas should pass (literally ☺️) in the next day or two. The bloated feeling was definitely my biggest issue too and I felt lucky for that. Did a lot of walking to get things moving.

You probably won't get a decent sleep til you're home and your room isn't like Grand Central Station through the night.

hope the recovery continues to go smoothly! Kim

Dr Referral Jan/14, Guelph Orientation Feb 27/14, Nurse, Nut, SW app't Mar 14 & June 16/14, Nut, SW Aug 26/14, Internist Dr. Agarwal app't Sept 15/14, Surgeon App't Dr. Bhojani Dec 11/14, Start 3 weeks Opti Jan 6/15, Surgery Jan 27/15. Eating to live...Not living to eat!

missni130
on 3/3/15 8:42 am - Arlington , VA
with

Congratulations! It wasn't that long ago I was going through same thing. I didn't sleep well at all while in hospital and didn't pass gas until after I got home. Best of luck to you on this life long journey!

NielahGastric Bypass on 1/26/15

SW:239  CW:212

crazy4birds
on 3/3/15 8:45 am
RNY on 12/02/14

You are doing great.  The pain in your shoulder is likely gas.  Oddly enough it settles up there too. Walking and warm liquids help dissipate the gas.  Good luck.

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

ChillOutWayne
on 3/3/15 9:18 pm
RNY on 03/02/15

Thanks for the replies! Last night was much better, the lortab elixir relieved a lot of the pain I had from my abdomen with the cramping/gas. I had a suppository last night at 6pm and still zero activity on that level. Otherwise I've been drinking plenty of fluids, walking quite a bit and no longer hooked up to any wires. The iv came off during the night and they drew some blood. I slept much better last night, I managed pretty close to 8 hours, all in 1hr intervals but still, better than the sleep the night before. Hopefully I'll have this bowel movement/gas pass and they say I'll be free to go. 

ChillOutWayne
on 3/4/15 12:14 am
RNY on 03/02/15

Looks like an extra day here. Dr came in and let me know I need to have a bowel movement so they can check it, I guess I blood work this morning showed a dip in my hemoglobin so they want to continue to tests and make sure I'm not losing blood anywhere. I'm having more blood drawn in about 2hrs.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 423 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 242 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?