What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/23/15 10:36 pm, edited 3/24/15 12:05 am
RNY on 07/17/14

It was -0- degrees when I got in the car this morning to go to work.  -0-.  I can't. take. no. more.  I want to wear capris and sandals, not sweaters!  *sigh* 

So, I heard on the radio this morning that 1 in every 8 Americans has worked at McDonalds.  Crazy!  I think one of my aunts worked there back in high school, but I don't know anyone else.  Has anyone here worked at McDs?  If the stats are true, there's got to be at least a couple of us!  LOL 

If you didn't work there, what was your first job?  I delivered newspapers when I was in middle school, but my first real job at 16 was at a Claire's Boutique type place.  It was called Afterthoughts and we sold accessories and other cheap crap.  We also pierced ears, which is what I did all day.  I would pierce my own ears when it was slow.  I had like 5 or 6 holes in each ear by the time I quit.  LMAO

Time since surgery:  8 months, 1 week

B:  coffee (one with milk, one with half and half) and a Friendship Fit to Go cottage cheese

S:  beef jerky

L:  Starkist sweet and spicy tuna packet in lettuce cups and a cheese stick

D:  Ground venison polenta casserole.  I have a lot of venison to go through, so I'm making this again!

TOTALS:  Cals:  841  Protein:  85  Carbs:  51  Fat:  31

NEXT!

mamata2
on 3/23/15 10:41 pm

Good morning!  AV, I am so with you!  Let's protest winter!  I am longing for sandals and finally being able to wear shorts comfortably.  I hated wearing shorts when I was MO because they would always ride up between my legs making me walk with a distinctive twisting motion trying to get them back down without me picking at them!  OY!

My first job was as a "gift girl" at a Waterpark.  We worked in the gift shops selling over priced swimsuits, sunscreen and candy to the tourists.  The next summer I upgraded to being a lifeguard (I was too young the first summer).  That was an awesome job! 

Time since surgery: 8.5 months

B: SF Latte (back to cow milk) and a Mission Carb Control Tortilla with PB&Co. White Chocolate Wonderful

S: Coffee and creamer

L: Costco chicken sausage

S: Atkins Caramel Nut Chew Bar

D: Left over lasagna (its basically just meat and cheese with tomato sauce, I went a bit overboard)

S: Iced coffee (obsessed right now!)

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

W/V: Started

E: Swim

Totals: Calories 1068, Protein 75, Carb 64, Fat 43

Have a great day all!

AnnyBananny
on 3/23/15 11:08 pm, edited 3/24/15 12:42 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all! Let's see...technically my first job would have been babysitting I guess. Then when I was ridiculously young I worked on a corn farm one summer - sorting the corn with the other girls - yes, that's right - boys went into the fields and picked the corn, girls sorted it - never the two should mix! Up next was being a hostess at a restaurant, ugh! But the best summer/kid job I had was working at Knoebel's Amusement Park, anyone who knows it - I got to drive the Phoenix one summer - how fun is that?! And yes, you really do "drive" a roller coaster.

I'm slowly settling into work, though it still doesn't really feel real since the retiring director is still here through March 31. Yesterday the local paper printed a story about me though, so I'm posting the picture from it (argh, OH is being mean today so I can't get the picture posted, I'll try again later).

*ya! It worked!!!

Time since surgery: 1 year

B: overnight oats

S: coffee, L&F + PB2

L: TJ's turkey meatballs with sauce and cheese, a granola thin

S: Babybel Light and almonds

D: Quest Bar and a turkey stick (between a meeting and Body Pump)

S: SkinnyPop and Cool Whip FroYo

TOTALS: Calories 1318, Protein 97, Carbs 114, Fat 64

V/W: started - but I have to figure out how to get better liquid intake at my new gig, no water cooler means it's hard to refill my bottle throughout the day - wonder if my mini fridge will hold a Brita, massive amounts of greek yogurt AND string cheese?

E: Body Pump night!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Berryhoosier
on 3/23/15 11:37 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

LOL.  The first time I read this I was picturing you driving a roller coaster to Phoenix, AZ!  LOL

Daisydoo02
on 3/24/15 1:11 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

You look stunning Anny!!! 

ZOWERS!!!!  I am in love with our dress and necklace!!

Congrats, keep up the great work.  

Your smile says it all!!!

mamata2
on 3/24/15 2:00 am

You look amazing.  Love the necklace!  Hello Executive Director

lcraver
on 3/24/15 2:45 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

I know Knoebel's! It was probably an hour or so from where I grew up...small world.  I have not posted before to this topic because I am still on soft foods, bleck!! But, I have gotten SO many good ideas from everyone who posts for when I can join in, too! Hopefully, within the next week, I will be ok to start adding in more appetizing sounding foods. 

Lourie

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

AngryViking
on 3/24/15 3:00 am
RNY on 07/17/14

No need to wait, join noooowww! 

AnnyBananny
on 3/24/15 3:59 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I grew up in Northumberland! How about you?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

lcraver
on 3/24/15 10:17 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Muncy!  

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 476 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 440 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 379 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 105 views
Forum Search Error & 404