Glad to be home

helionoftroy
on 3/26/15 10:39 pm - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

Monday was surgery day for me. All went well but I did have a fever on Tuesday so my surgeon kept me an additional day. I discovered that cold beverages DO NOT sit well with me. I'm okay with room temperature. My hospital stay was a nightmare. My veins are deep and they roll, which makes drawing blood are placing an IV difficult. One of my night nurses used my IV hand to stable herself. Needless to say she bent the needle in my hand causing all types of problems. It took 3 different nurses 7 attempts to replace the IV and the location was not optimal. I woke up at 4 a.m. Thursday morning with my arm swollen and blistered. Joy!! They removed the IV creating more blisters from the tape they ripped off. I refused another IV and would not allow anyone near me with a needle. I am so glad to be home!!! My blistered arm is the only thing that hurts.  

ladygodiva1228
on 3/26/15 11:42 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

So sorry you had issues with the IV that does not sound fun at all.  The nurse should have known better than to use you to stable herself.  At least your home and you can relax, heal, and start the weight loss. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Jonay
on 3/26/15 11:51 pm - Grand Junction, CO
RNY on 03/31/15

It certainly sounds like you had a time of it in the hospital, but I am glad you are home now. I go in on Tuesday. Do you have any advice for the hospital stay?

Congrats again.

Casey

helionoftroy
on 3/27/15 12:03 am - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

One item I was glad I brought was LIP BALM!! You will need it, especially the first day when you can't drink anything. Good luck!

An_Lmytime2015
on 3/27/15 7:46 am
RNY on 03/11/15

Hang in there!  Glad you are home....

An_Lmytime2015    

mute
on 3/28/15 4:28 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

We had a few things in common! They are only allowed to use my left arm for vein sticks because the right one is high risk for lymphedema. But I woke up with an IV in both arms and the largest, darkest bruises that won't go away. Plus sticks all the to my shoulder. They needed blood from me a few times while I was there and I was so close to discharging against doctors orders because of all of that. 

Isnt it wonderful to be home!!??

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?