Ok you know you have rank gas when...

healthy-rickfan1971
on 3/27/15 12:42 pm

-the dog, who was sound asleep looks at you, and growls after you passing gas, then buries her head under her bedding.

-Your bum burns from the fumes.

-you seriously consider buying "danger toxic fumes" underpants.

-you are now able to wake yourself up from a sleeps like the dead sleep after passing gas, and wonder if there was a need for keopectate and depends before bed.

-you wonder when the volcano erupted that smell into your house.

-You have tried everything in the world to walk away from a fart...but the smell follows you EVERYWHERE.

-your family no longer wants to shop at the store with you because you "cropdust" farts walking down the isle...then it follows you. 

-

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/27/15 11:14 pm

Finding out what food causes that and eliminates or drasticky limit the food really helps with that gas. 

Toxis gasses indicates that your are not digesting the food,and the bacteria have a party. If you can't digest that food.-  why eat it? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MickeyDee
on 3/28/15 5:29 am

Check your diet;  you may be eating sugar alcohols which are known to lead to "digestive problems". These are found in "sugar-free" foods and can be deadly for gases.

In the meantime, get some Devrom (available online) and use it.  It doesn't stop the gas formation but does change the smell by deodorizing the effluvia.  I believe that Beano works, too, but I haven't tried that.

healthy-rickfan1971
on 3/28/15 8:54 am

Thanks for the replies. It is a problem that is worse after RNY due to the meats and cheese that are the highest in protein. But the tread was an attempt to poke fun at myself to kind of try to laugh it up a bit after my dog did the 1st thing on the list. I decided that it was better to try to see a bit of humor in it rather than pure embarrassment. So After a little giggle at the poor pooch, I put the crazy list up. Sometimes in my life, I absolutely MUST view things in the crazier way. The sillies keep true crazy at bay. So there are times that I just get silly especially about things that can embarrass me. Hope everyone has a good rest of weekend. My oldest 2 grandsons are over, so after just a few more minutes on the net, Grams here is gonna go get silly with the young'uns again.

stevie95678
on 3/28/15 1:28 pm

healthy-rickfan1971 thank you for the giggle. I like your sense of humor!

My mom used to have terrible gas (too many diet Snapples) - when she'd walk across the room and "crop dust" my then 5 year old son would tell her, "Ma, you really need to get that fixed." LMAO!

kikilay
on 3/29/15 5:24 am

bahahahaha kids are hillarious and its always good when you can laugh at yourself!!

ginnymay31
on 4/15/15 11:10 pm
RNY on 03/18/15

Haaaa love it thanks for sharing. I'm  a month post op. The whey protein  makes me blow up. It's tolerable for now... thanks for making me laugh! 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics