What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/12/15 10:46 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning ladies!  The sun is shining, it's warming up and it looks like it's gonna be a beautiful day today!  Ya'll know I don't really exercise (shameonme), but I may even take a nice long walk after work.  LOL  Can I just tell you what a fan-friggin-tastic weekend I had?  The Bronx Zoo was a blast.  The weather was kind of dreary and chilly on Friday, but that just meant that there were no crowds and we were able to see (almost) everything we wanted to see.  I got a ton of steps in, too.  No shuttle bus for this post-op girl!  What I learned:  real giraffes still look fake.  Like animatronic fake.  Also, penguins smell bad.  LOL

The Yankee game Saturday was awesome, even though they lost.  The weather was baseball perfect and we had great seats.  My husband almost caught a foul ball but the teenager in the row in front of us beat him to it.  And for the first time in forever, I wasn't stressing out about how much space I was taking up and worrying that I was possibly crushing the stranger sitting next to me.  Everything is so much more enjoyable now, you know?  What am I saying.  Of course you guys know.  LOL  Again, a ton of steps, mostly to counteract the $11 Bud Lights I was drinking.  Oh, New York.  Never change.

Time since surgery:  almost 9 months

B:  coffee (one with milk and one with half & half) and a Friendship Fit to Go cottage cheese

S:  Power Crunch bar in vanilla crème, an apple and a hunk of sharp cheddar

D:  I made sausage and peppers last night, so tonight I'm going to make a kind of hash with it and top it with an over easy egg.  I eat a lot of eggs. 

TOTALS:  Cals:  825  Protein:  59  Carbs:  41  Fat:  47

There needs to be some more protein in here somewhere...maybe I'll have a Light & Fit for dessert.

mamata2
on 4/12/15 11:10 pm

Good morning all!  So happy to hear you had a great weekend AV, sounds amazing!  My weekend was good.  Walked the course of the 8K run I am doing with a friend in two weeks.  It will be a beautiful course but 2 killer hills.  Yesterday I ran 6 miles, which is my longest run ever!  I was super sore yesterday and I'm still feeling it today.

My eating was all over the place.  I was good for the majority of time but instead of not even looking for the clearance Easter candy at Target, like a smart person, I sought it out.  It was 70% off and so much was left.  Hello, my name is Nikki and I have a Peep addiction.  There I said it! LOL. 

Time since surgery: 9 months

B: SF latte and oats with dried cherries

S: Coffee

L: Leftover taco meat, cheese and Beanitos

S: 1/2 Quest Bar

During workout: Honey Stinger Waffle

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

D: Chicken, bacon, skinny alfredo casserole

S: Peep (damn it)

W/V: Started

E: 20 min run followed by 90 min bike

Totals: Calories 1025, Protein 70, Carb 91, Fat 43

Have a great day all!

Emiepie
on 4/13/15 12:22 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Peeps used to be a favorite of mine, now they even smell too sweet. Great job on your run!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 4/12/15 11:55 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi peeps (no pun intended, Nikke lol).

I had a great weekend as well - the weather was nice and I did a lot of shopping for my upcoming trip to Cancun.  I bought bikinis!!!  I had to try about 20 on since I had NO idea what style would look good or flattering or cover my scars, and I found one that looked good and bought it in three patterns lol.  I am so nervous yet excited at wearing a bikini next month.  I never in a million years thought I would wear a bikini.

I am three weeks and three days post-plastics.  Apparently my metabolism is still racing and I loathe the day it goes back to normal.

I have a tasty menu planned today:

B: Coffee with low fat half and half, light and fit yogurt with high protein granola

L: Trader Joe's flounder stuffed with crab

D: Ground turkey with water chestnuts, grated carrot, green onion and hoisin sauce and soy sauce, wrapped up in lettuce (I am craving Asian) - the salt is super high but so is the protein

S: Half of an apple with peanut butter

Calories are around 1,100, protein 80, carbs 90.  Hmmm, not ideal.  May adjust.

Have a great day all!

mamata2
on 4/13/15 12:17 am

OMG!  A bikini!  You are going to look so good!  Cannot wait to see pics!!

Emiepie
on 4/13/15 12:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You will rock those bikinis! 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Bubbles314
on 4/13/15 1:16 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

So glad you found a bikini, hope you have fun on your trip.

dale

Berryhoosier
on 4/13/15 1:26 am
RNY on 12/17/14

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!  Strut up and down that beach, girl!

karenp8
on 4/13/15 3:31 am - Brighton, IL

A bikini!? Yes I am jealous!!

mschwab
on 4/13/15 3:46 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Bikini!!  Way to own it!!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views