What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/19/15 10:52 pm, edited 4/19/15 10:52 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good morning all!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  The weather was so beautiful here; I even managed to (somehow) get sunburned yesterday at the baseball field.  It was windy so I was wearing jeans and a hoodie, but my face, chest and the tops of my feet are red.  LOL  Aaaand, I managed to get too involved in yet another school project.  As part of a book report on Abraham Lincoln, my son had to make a shoebox diorama of an important event in the book.  I lobbyed really hard for the assassination in the theater, but was vetoed.  LMAO  He went with the Gettysburg Address, so of course I had to get to work.  Did you know that the Lego figurine of Woody from Toy Story makes an ideal Abe Lincoln?  You just need to roll up a piece of construction paper like a tube and plop it on his cowboy hat to make the stovepipe.  Anyhoo, it looks great but I had to promise my husband I wouldn't interfere in any more school projects.  I did promise, but I didn't really mean it.  hahaha

Hey, do you guys ever go to the store just for the free samples?  Like Costco, or whatever?  I did have a couple of things to get at Wegmans on Saturday, but really my son and I were there for the free food.  We basically ate lunch there.  I counted and there were 14 sample stations set up; mangoes, roasted cauliflower, little burgers, cashew butter, cottage cheese and strawberries...we even got a couple of white spruce saplings to plant for Earth Day.  LOL

Time since surgery:  9 months +

B:  coffee and Click Mocha

S:  Millville Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter protein bar

L:  3 oz. venison steak, sautéed asparagus and a little bit of stuffing.  I love it when leftovers get finished and I don't have to throw anything away.

D:  Chili.  It's dreary and rainy here today, so this sounds perfect right now.

TOTALS:  Cals:  850  Protein:  75  Carbs:  67  Fat:  35

NEXT!

karenp8
on 4/19/15 11:33 pm - Brighton, IL

It was beautiful here Saturday but rainy yesterday. Lily and I did not get our walk in yesterday but we must get one in today even though it is 47 and there are gusty winds. Don't know how far she will want to go but we must do some. I will also do at least some more n the treadmill and 25 minutes on the bike. Post op almost 32 months and weight at 119.8. On track with vitamins and fluids and here's the food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz thin sliced chicken and cheese and hummus with pepper slices D 31/2 oz baked fish and 1/2 c broccoli and cauliflower S Greek yogurt(salted caramel) with granola. My husband was shocked this weekend when I bought a pair of jeans that were new and not from a resale shop! I found a pair of Silver jeans that were high rise and instead of $125 they were $39.99. I was shocked because they fit perfectly and were a size 24(00)! Have a great Monday everyone!

melissasue1982
on 4/19/15 11:53 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

it was really nice here in New Hampshire this past weekend as well!!!  My 3 year old got a little more color then I normally like....ooops.  I guess it is already time to slather them up with sun block.

We don't have Costco or Wegmans.  But we have BJ's and they have samples sometimes.  My kids LOVE going to BJ's! haha

Time since surgery: 2 weeks

B: Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte, 1 cup 1% milk, a few ice cubes

L: 1/4 cup light cottage cheese

S: Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte, 1 cup 1% milk

D: Going to try broiled haddock, with plain greek yogurt and fresh parm cheese on top.  First time with seafood, we'll see how it goes :)  I guess I will try 1oz and go from there?  But my totals are for 2oz...just in case! lol

Totals: Cals: 500  Protein: 81  Carbs: 25  Fat: 7

If it isnt raining when I get out of work, I will go for a walk with the little ones.  Vitamins & fluids going well :)

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

karenp8
on 4/20/15 12:02 am - Brighton, IL

You should do great with the fi**** is one thing I used to hate before surgery but now love. It is moist,flaky and easy to eat always! I'll eat just about any type of seafood now,as long as it's not fried. Baked,broiled,poached and even raw are all good as far as I'm concerned! 

melissasue1982
on 4/20/15 12:08 am
RNY on 04/06/15

My handbook and my Nurse Practitioner from my program said the same thing.  For some reason most seafood just sits well with most people!  I have never been a big fan of fish, I like clams and scallops (mostly fried before).  I am excited to finally start CHEWING my food, after 2 weeks of just liquids!

karenp8
on 4/20/15 12:16 am - Brighton, IL

I still remember after almost three years how great that first bite of food tasted! Sounds like you are doing great on your journey. It is amazing that is for sure. I am down about 150 pounds and have been this weight for about 2 years. I went from a size 26 to a size 0 or as I discovered this weekend a 00. Sometimes it still seems like a dream but it is such a blessing to be healthy and active now after 52 years as an obese person!

melissasue1982
on 4/20/15 12:19 am
RNY on 04/06/15

This is my first day back at work!  I feel great :)  My yoga pants I have on are actually LOOSE!!  I can't even believe it! 

Emiepie
on 4/20/15 12:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope your first day back goes great!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 4/20/15 12:34 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Thank you!  I am slooooowly going through the MOUNTAIN of work I need to do! HAHA

karenp8
on 4/20/15 12:08 am - Brighton, IL

You are such a creative mom! I was never that great about ideas for school projects but they both survived. The youngest has two more weeks and 2 days worth of class and then finals and he will have his B.S. with a major in biology and a minor in history. Where did the time go?! Now he is studying and trying to apply for jobs at the same time. He has epilepsy and college was quite a stretch for him but with lots of hard work he is almost done. So enjoy those little ones because soon they will be leaving the nest!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 215 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?