What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/22/15 10:22 pm, edited 4/22/15 10:23 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning from a snow covered Syracuse!  Not kidding.  I'm sure it will melt by day's end, but it was a shocker to wake up to it.  Speaking of waking up, do you guys ever remember your dreams?  I hardly ever do, but last night I had a dream that I was having a plastic surgery consult and the doctor told me he checked with my insurance and it would be covered in full.  I was super sad when I woke up.  LOL  I guess I have the end game on my mind because I even got in some exercise last night.  I discovered that 5 laps around the parking lot at the ball field is 2 miles, so I walked while my son practiced.

Kristen's Question of the Day!  So, as I was digging for my eyeliner pencil this morning, I realized that my makeup bag overfloweth.  My favorite item of the moment has to be Maybelline's Baby Lips lip balm.  This stuff rocks and it comes in so many shades.  My favorite right now is Grape Vine; it's a $3 knock off of Clinique's Black Honey Almost Lipstick.  Which I also have.  Plus it smells like grapes!  LOL  Also, Garnier Ultra Lift Transformer is the bomb moisturizer/sunscreen.  What's your favorite beauty product?  Guys can play, too, if you're around!  My husband loves his Clubman Pinaud aftershave because it has a "suave, masculine scent".  It says so right on the bottle.  HA!

Time since surgery:  9 months

B:  coffee and a Light and Fit banana crème with some Fiber One chocolate cereal for crunch

S:  HB egg and a light string cheese

L:  Buffalo chicken salad and pork rind crackers

D:  Hillshire Farms chicken smoked sausage and sautéed cabbage

TOTALS:  Cals:  896  Protein:  89  Carbs:  42  Fat:  46

NEXT!

NYMom222
on 4/22/15 10:32 pm, edited 4/22/15 10:32 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I love Baby Lips!! That was not a dream that was a prophecy of the future-paid Plastics! Woop Woop! I have to be quick, I am going to be late as it is posting... Today is my 9 month Surgiversary!! So excited. Made another post about it with pics which I don't have time to repeat here - but go look... on RNY Board.

B; premier Protein

L: Chicken veggie soup with added Protein, bag skinny POP

S: Kind Bar

D: Dinner with friends at my house. Everyone is bringing something, I know there will be chicken and roasted veggies. I made my first Sugar free cheesecake. It is gluten-free too.  it still has al ot of calories, but is low carb, I made a nut crust, and took my usual recipe and used Swerve sweetner and Stevia. Made it with a little lime juice and lime zest to cover up any 'different' taste.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 4/22/15 10:44 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

I had no idea I could tell the future.  Yay for discovering new talents!! 

christinerocks
on 4/22/15 10:49 pm, edited 4/22/15 11:38 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Replied to your post on your surgeversary post, but it deserves repeating.  You look amazing!  All your hard work is paying off big time.  Congratulations again! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

melissasue1982
on 4/22/15 10:45 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

Well, the last time I wore makeup was my wedding, over 6 years ago!!  And even then it was just mascara and eye shadow that I had to borrow from my Maid of Honor!! HAHAHA 

17 days post op

B: 1.5 oz Deli oven roasted chicken breast

L: 1/3 cup egg salad made with 0% plain greek yogurt

S: 1 cup 1% milk, 1 scoop Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte powder

D: 1 turkey meatball (1oz)

S: Light string cheese

Totals: Cals: 487  Protein: 66  Carbs: 18  Fat: 16

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

christinerocks
on 4/22/15 10:48 pm, edited 4/22/15 10:52 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Hello all, and thanks for the welcome! 

AV, snow is not funny in late April.  It's chilly here in downstate NY but nothing white thank heavens. The lip balm sounds heavenly - I may have to check that out. 

One fav beauty product I'm using right now is Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in Hibiscus. Just a touch of color, and great moisture for the lips. But it doesn't taste like grapes! 

My food plan for yesterday worked well, got in my water and my vitamins, but I fell a little short on my exercise so, I'm committed to both today!  

Time since surgery - 17 days

B - soft scrambled egg, 2T shredded 2% Mexican blend

S - premier protein shake

L - ricotta bake (yum yum yum) - 1/6 of the recipe

S - decaf with 1 T half and half

D - 2oz puréed poached chicken breast, 1T tomato sauce, 1oz part skim mozzarella 

Totals: 67g prot, 12 g carb, 23 g fat (I won't be having the half and half very often!), 503 cals

w/v - in process

Exercise:  1 mile walk, 5 minute stretch/tone = 25 minutes

I'm not back to work yet and I'm feeling antsy.  I need to enjoy this leisure time while I can!  Glad I'm feeling so much better and ready to enjoy. Assuming I'm cleared by my surgeon tomorrow, I am looking forward to riding a bike outdoors!  Yee haw! 

Have a great day everyone! 

Christine

________

AngryViking
on 4/22/15 10:53 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Where in NY are you?  I grew up in Orange County.

And yeah, I had to eliminate the half and half, too.  With the amount of coffee I drink and the amount of half and half I liked to use, it was adding up to like 100 calories a day!  I downgraded to whole milk and now I can tolerate the 1% I buy for the house.  It works out much better that way.  LOL

christinerocks
on 4/22/15 11:36 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

I'm in southern Westchester - and several family members live near Syracuse (well, close to Cortland). I love it there.

Now that I've run these numbers I may try out the 1% today. I have some SF Torani so maybe I will try out a latte. I am not having decaf every day right now but I need to find another option for the half and half, and since I'm not back to work yet I have some time to experiment.  No time like the present! 

________

melissasue1982
on 4/22/15 11:42 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

I am planning in making a ricotta bake this weekend, in a mini loaf tin!  That way I can freeze some of them :)  Did you make the accordingtoeggface recipe?  Or something different?  It sounds so yummy!!! Of course right now, anything that is hot or warm and NOT sweet is like amazing to me!!! lol

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

christinerocks
on 4/22/15 11:48 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Oh I hear you! Warm and savory is all I want too!  I honest don't want anything chocolate for a long while. :-) 

I made the Eggface recipe. So much yum.  I put it into a small square pan and cut it into slices based on how much I could eat... Next time I will definitely make it in ramekins or muffin/loaf tins.  Super idea! 

________

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 389 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 10 views
Recent Topics