What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 5/26/15 4:51 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning and Happy Birthday to me!!!  I am 45 today...  that's not old, right?  I definitely feel better (and look better!) than I did 20 years ago, so I'm going to say I'm a spring chicken!  LOL  How did everyone fare this long weekend?  I spent lots of time outside in the sunshine and even managed to get the trampoline set up, which was a total victory!  And I must say, I did indulge food and bev-wise a little more than I usually do (potato salad, apple pie, beer...) but you know what?  I didn't go overboard, I totally enjoyed what I did choose to indulge in and I managed to get plenty of steps in, so...no regrets!  That being said, it's back to business today and my menu is a good one!

Time since surgery:  10+ months

B: coffee, then a Friendship Fit to Go 1% and a 1/2 s'mores Quest bar

S:  1.5 oz. baby carrots and 2 TB Sabra tzatziki Greek yogurt dip.  You guys, this stuff is a-mah-zing and you must try it immediately.

L:  Buffalo chicken salad makes a comeback with its BFF pork rinds and a Cabot reduced fat sharp cheddar snack

D:  The burgers and dogs are all gone, so it's a black bean burger with a slice of Velveeta and an over easy egg.  I know Velveeta gets a bad rap, but I am a fan from way back.  LOL  It melts great and it's only 35 cals a slice w/3 gms protein.  Not too bad.

TOTALS:  Cals:  843  Protein:  90  Carbs:  47  Fat:  40

So, tell me what you did this weekend and then share your menu!!

AngryViking
on 5/26/15 5:02 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Oh!  I totally forgot to report on my NSV for the weekend!  I, without shame or anxiety, wore either a tank top or short sleeved shirt allll weekend.  In public.  Bat wings a-flappin' in the breeze.  It felt pretty damn great.  LMAO

mamata2
on 5/26/15 5:51 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AV!!!

Congrats on getting another year more fantastic!  Great job on making good choices and wearing what you want this weekend.

I had a nice relaxing weekend.  Watched a lot of lacrosse, ate way to much crap (and my body is screaming at me for it) and did nothing exercise wise.  I am back on the horse.

Time since surgery: 10.5 months

B: Smoothie with berries and greek yogurt and steel oats with dried cherries

S: String cheese

L: Chicken Parm

S: 1/2 Quest Bar

D: Chicken thigh

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

W/V: Started

E: Swim (first since my epic race fail)

Totals: Calories 1069, Protein 86, Carbs 101, Fat 32

Have a great day all!

AnnyBananny
on 5/25/15 10:58 pm, edited 5/25/15 11:24 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Happy birthday to you and congratulations on both your NSV and "responsible indulgence." I've said this a million times, but part of this surgery is learning to have a healthy relationship with food - the occasional indulgence is part of that as far as I'm concerned.

I, on the other hand, did not indulge responsibly this weekend, I just straight up indulged and I'm scaring myself. You know over the last two months I've been on here talking about being out of control more often than not and I'm really feeling uncertain of my next move. Like I know I need to get myself some professional help - but I don't know where to find it. What kind of therapy should I be looking for? This is a convenient excuse, but at the moment it's paralyzing me.

Time since surgery: 1 year +

B: iced coffee with cream, breakfast sandwich

S: Thin Addictives with a wedge of Laughing Cow

L: Cottage Cheese Double, string cheese, granola thin

S: TJ's Omega Trek Mix

D: TJ's chicken sausage with reduced sugar ketchup

S: Quest bar and a 100 calories pack of pop corn

TOTALS: Calories 1180, Protein 77, Carbs 131 (eeek), fat 53

V/W: started

E: rest day

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 5/25/15 11:08 pm, edited 5/25/15 11:09 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Oh, I can feel your anxiety!  Can your surgeon recommend someone?  I know the guy I saw for my pre-op clearance, which was set up by my surgeon's office, said I was welcome to come back any time post-op.

ETA:  I'm not sure anxiety is the right word...  but I feel whatever it is coming through your post.

Emiepie
on 5/26/15 6:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I was going to suggest reaching out to your surgeon's team too, see if they can recommend someone. Sending you ((hugs))

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/15 12:01 pm
RNY on 09/08/14

Hi Anny,

I rarely post on here anymore but I still read regularly. Your post really spoke to me today. I've been feeling the same way lately. I went back to the counselor that I saw preop but I've also thought of what else I could do. Reading your post actually made me hopeful today that I'm not the only one. We can all do this...and have to keep reminding ourselves that perfection isn't the goal being healthy is. Thank you for being brave enough to put yourself out there in a way that I wasn't and know that if nothing else you helped someone today :)

Capogirl
on 5/26/15 6:21 am

Good morning,

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your NSV. 

I have an NSV also.   I went shopping this weekend and while I am only down one size in pants, the two new shirts I bought myself are only a 1X  Hooray me!  

I was very good this weekend despite being around all kinds of not good for me food.  My only indulgence was one teriyaki marinated steak tip which I couldn't finish.   Otherwise I stuck to my planned food.  The hardest part for me was the fruit, I so wanted to scarf down some fruit salad, but I can't have any just yet.

Today's menu:

B:  Premier Protein chocolate shake

L:  Amy's Organic Sonoma Veggie Burger w/ 1 tblsp Natures Promise organic ketchup
 & 1 tsp. shreeded cheddar cheese

D:  Chicken Sausage w/ Marinara Sauce & 1 tsp. part skim ricotta

S:  SF pudding w/ 1/2 scoop Jay Robb protein powder

Cant access MFP at work, I know it was about 560 calories and 60 protein

melissasue1982
on 5/26/15 6:33 am
RNY on 04/06/15

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a great day!

This weekend went well, I cleaned out my closet of all my too big clothes.  It's looking pretty sparse in there now!  We had a pretty busy weekend, didnt do much in particular, just here and there stuff.  We did go out to the family camp yesterday for a family BBQ! It was fun and relaxing!  I wasnt tempted by anything I didnt bring, so that was a nice change of pace.  Im sure that wont last forever, but it was nice anyway.

7 weeks 1 day since surgery

B: Premier protein, chocolate

L: Taco casserole I pulled from the freezer

S: Dannon L&F toasted coconut greek yogurt

D: 2oz turkey with a little homemade gravy for moisture maybe some veggie if I can fit it

S: SF Popsicle

Totals: Cals: 481  Protein: 64  Carbs: 29  Fat: 12

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AnnyBananny
on 5/26/15 7:51 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh how I looooved emptying my closest! It felt so freeing. For a long time I only had like 10 things hanging in there...

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views