What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/29/15 5:11 am, edited 6/29/15 5:11 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good morning!  Can anyone tell me when it's going to stop raining here?  It's pretty miserable and the lawn is at the state where I'm pretty sure I hear jungle drums when the sun sets.  Is it raining where you are?

So today is my big interview and I'm a little more nervous than I thought I'd be.  I mean I feel prepared because my husband works for the DOL helping veterans get jobs, so he coached me on interview techniques, but I'm still a little .  I had TWO dreams this weekend that I lost my shoes, which according to the interwebs means I'm either unclear about my approach to something or my self esteem is low.  I don't put much stock in that kind of horoscope type **** but it's still interesting, n'est-ce pas?  I also didn't sleep well last night, so I'm a little loopy.  LOL  So, any good mojo you guys have to spare, send it my way! 

Time since surgery:  11+ months

B:  coffee and a Friendship Fit to Go 1% cottage cheese

S:  two Nature Valley breakfast biscuits (lemon poppy seed) and a wedge of Laughing Cow

L:  Leftover chicken Florentine with steamed green beans and a spoonful of angel hair pasta

D:  grilled Greek turkey burger with an over easy egg on top

TOTALS:  Cals:  820  Protein:  74  Carbs:  52  Fat:  35

Have a great day, my friends!

melissasue1982
on 6/29/15 5:37 am
RNY on 04/06/15

We have had lots of rain recently also!  Tried to bring the kids to the movies yesterday, everything was sold out!!  UGH  I am sending you LOTS of interview mojo!!!!!  YOU CAN DO IT!

12 weeks since survery

B: 3/4c Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop syntrax vanilla bean torte

L: Homemade (leftover) kung Pao chicken with zoodles

S: Dannon L&F Greek yogurt

D: Homemade crustless quiche, made with broccoli, lean ham, onions, and cheese

S: Light string cheese

Totals: Cals: 555  Protein: 80  Carbs: 23  Fat: 15

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AnnyBananny
on 6/29/15 5:46 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

The theater closest to me renovated and now has these fancy, super comfy seats. There are a lot less seats in each theater and it's all reserved - which is nice, but they sell out ALL. THE. TIME. so it's hard to go on a whim. Last weekend when my sister and I went to see Spy we got the last two seats in the theater and we were there like 30 minutes early!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

lcraver
on 6/29/15 2:14 am, edited 6/29/15 2:15 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

I have been meaning to ask you... is the Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte protein powder good?

I am gonna order some from Nashua Nutrition since they have a lot of different samples but I know you use it and a good vanilla protein powder is a good base for so many different types of shakes and other recipes.

Thanks.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

melissasue1982
on 6/29/15 10:55 am
RNY on 04/06/15

The Vanilla Bean Torte is the ONLY powder I can stand! LOL  It's not something I would choose to drink if I didn't need to.  But it isn't horrible tasting.

I have tried SO MANY samples from Nashua Nutrition.  Many different brands. 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AnnyBananny
on 6/29/15 5:45 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning, AV, as my mama says, give 'em hell at your interview!

My weekend was up and down. I had a wonderful visit with my BFF back in my hometown. On the other hand I continued to spend time with my Gram and it's so difficult. She's still holding on and the waiting is so hard. She continues to rest comfortably and yesterday we celebrated her 94th birthday - wow. My aunt arrived from WV yesterday and we all thought maybe she was holding out for Sally's arrival. Who knows...

Time since surgery: 15 months

B: Chobani tube, breakfast sandwich

S: coffee, L&F with sliced almonds

L: turkey sloppy joe, string cheese, granola thin

S: turkey stick and Babybel 

D: TJ's meatballs with sauce and cheese

S: Trek mix and a froyo bar

TOTALS: Calories 1339, Protein 97, Carbs 105, Fat 62

V/W: started

E: walked 2.5 miles this morning

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Emiepie
on 6/29/15 7:02 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Still sending you tons of virtual hugs. BTW, I finally did a few of the popsugar workouts (quickest muffin top workout and scorch calories with 10 mins of cardio) and loved them-thanks for the tip!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mamata2
on 6/29/15 6:03 am

I am sending you ALL my interviewing mojo!!!  YOU WILL BE GREAT!!  You did wear your khaki and black superhero suit??  LOL.

My weekend was fantastic.  Very low key and relaxing.  I cleaned, did laundry, exercised and spent time snuggling with the kiddos.  I'm a happy refreshed mama today :)

Time since surgery: 11+ months

B: SF Latte and Special K Protein cereal

S: Coffee and Luna Protein Bar

L: Chicken breast and 1/2 bag Kay's Natural Chili Cheese Chips

S: PB&Co on bagel thin

D: Black bean noodles with skinny alfredo sauce

Post workout: Protein shake with berries and skim milk

S: Homemade Strawberry Sorbert

W/V: Started

E: Swim

Totals: Calories 1221, Protein 113, Carbs 146, Fat 26

Have a great day all!

Emiepie
on 6/29/15 7:03 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sounds like an awesome weekend! I need to find out more about these black bean noodles...

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mamata2
on 6/29/15 9:35 am

I love the black bean pasta!  It does have a slightly different texture but I'm not complaining.  Even my kiddos will eat them :)  I get them at Costco.

Black Bean Noodles

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 545 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 529 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 417 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 131 views