new food finds for me

seattledeb
on 7/1/15 4:41 am

I really don't like cooking. I like things quick and easy.

My newest find this week is frozen shrimp tails From freezer to my belly in 3-4 minutes.

I also bought a moist chicken and I've been yummy stuff off.

What is your easy meal?

Deb T.

rebecca B.
on 7/1/15 4:57 am - LA

how are you cooking the shrimp and chicken? im fixing to start eating meat and i need some ideas on how to fix meals i can eat so i dont get bored eating the same old thing. any other ideas?

seattledeb
on 7/1/15 4:41 pm

The beautiful thing is I'm am not cooking either. I pick up a deli chicken and frozen shrimp. It's too hot to cook. Today I bought some ham and cream cheese for roll ups. I love that meal.

MickeyDee
on 7/2/15 1:49 am

Put a meal's worth of shrimp (I use six frozen tail on, deveined),  in a glass pie pan;  sprinkle with Mrs Dash seasoning (I like to use Tomato/basil/garlic), put a cover on the pan, zap for about 3 to 4 minutes (depending on the wattage of your microwave.)  Voila!   I've also found the joys frozen asparagus;  zap in a glass dish for just long enough to heat through (up to three minutes for my mw oven), then drizzle with vinaigrette dressing.  Yummm!  If you can handle it cool, do the asparagus first then the shrimp.  Costco had a big bag of flash-frozen asparagus that I've been working on for a month.

selhard
on 6/30/15 10:19 pm, edited 6/30/15 10:27 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

An envelope of Albacore tuna with a small box of microwavable Green Giant cauliflower in cheese sauce.  I mash the cauliflower and distribute the cheese sauce over the dry tuna before eating.  The total cost for this meal is under $3.00, easy, and meets the rule of protein first, vegetable second.  

seattledeb
on 7/1/15 4:43 pm

My kind of cooking. I buy this fancy tuna in a can now. It's not in oil or water just it's own juice. Line caught happy tuna as it were. It's like a hunk of tuna in a can. It tastes so much  better. Love that stuff.

Missella20
on 7/1/15 5:30 am
RNY on 07/11/13

I have been using the crockpot for simple meals. Put it all in the a.m. And it is ready 8 hrs later.  Chili, chicken, spag sauce with frozen meatballs and sausage, meatloaf, wedding soup, pork roast, beef roast. Lots of ideas!! I love the beef rump roast with this sauce: brown gravy envelope, onion soup envelope, ranch dressing packet, beef broth. And pork shoulder butt roast with salt and pepper served with sauerkraut. Very easy. I make pasta, rice or potatoes for the family to go with the roasts but I don't eat them. Another easy meal is chicken breast topped with cilantro, cumin, or taco packet and salsa. After 8 hours you have shredded chicken for tacos or just eat as is.

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

jenorama
on 7/1/15 10:59 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Yes, the crock pot is king at our house!  We like to put chicken breasts in with green chile sauce and shred it up--chicken for days!  Meatballs are great too.  The Ikea ones or we get the Aidell's tomato basil ones from Costco.  I haven't tried to do a meatloaf in the crock pot, but that sounds good.  

One you have the meat, the rest is super easy.  :D

Jen

hl1524
on 7/1/15 6:01 am - Austin, TX

When I'm looking for quick meals I usually go for things like deli meat and cheese rolled up, tuna cheese melts (with no bread of course), shrimp ****tail, rotisserie chicken.  Sometimes I'll pick up some sliced brisket from the bbq place down the street.  Frozen veggies are a fast fix too.

RNY 8/27/2014

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/15 11:36 am

My daughter makes fun of me. I have a ton of canned tuna and sugar-free pickles. I know I always have dinner in a quick fix. I also love the crock pot. 

I make a dozen hard boiled eggs once a week so I have a quick protein snack. I do love Costco. My new go to there is the shrimp salad and chicken salad it's pre-made so makes life easy. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 247 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?