-Cut the Carbs: Anyone have this book?

SkinnyScientist
on 7/7/15 8:13 am

I was wondering if anyone has this receipe book. Four recipes for it appeared in fitnessRX. 3 of the four looked pretty carby, although they were low GI/GL carbs.

Is the book pretty protein forward?  Does it supply nutritional information for each recipe? 

It is not at my local library, dying to find out  more info.

Cut the Carbs: 100 Recipes to Help You Ditch White Carbs and Feel Great Hardcover – July 3, 2014

by Tori Haschka  (Author)   This is a cross post

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

siberiancat
on 7/7/15 9:26 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I don't have this particular book but I read a lot of nutritional/health books.  Always keep in mind they are written for people with normal digestive systems and not for bariatric surgery patients. Many precepts of these books just can't pertain to us with little pouches and rerouted intestines.  Such things as drinking with meals, eating 8 cups of raw vegetables daily, etc.  just aren't possible for RNY patients.

Just my 2 cents,

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

SkinnyScientist
on 7/7/15 10:28 am

"Such things as drinking with meals, eating 8 cups of raw vegetables daily, etc.  just aren't possible for RNY patients."

-Are you saying that this book pushes 8 cups raw veggies or some other craziness?  Did you read a review or somethign to that effect.

In general, I agree with you on woo-woo health books and websites. There was one where this chick was a raw food fruitarian and would eat  around 20 bananas a day. I couldnt believe that she would push such a lifestyle to the general populace.  I like bananas..but 20 a day!?!?!

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/7/15 10:33 am

I don't have thsi book but I have many kindle books oif low carbs..

but- from the cover only - looks like she talks about white carbs... 

I have to avoid most carbs.. starchy carbs.. if you want something different - check website : http://againstallgrain.com/

i love and use her recipes all the time.. and it is free... ( i typically use stevia instead of honey...)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

SkinnyScientist
on 7/7/15 11:06 am

Thanks for this link! I went and checked it out. Some of her food looks like it shoudl be in a glossy magazine!  Thanks!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views