Internal Burping

annabellarose77
on 7/29/15 8:13 pm - Cottontown, TN
Revision on 01/12/18

Hello everyone. Surgeon thinks I have a marginal ulcer. Started on Carafate 4x a day, and then had to go to the ER over the weekend due to dehydration. I was sent home with a PICC line to do TPN feeds. I am scheduled for an EGD next Tuesday to verify. The pain was a burning, gnawing pain in the middle of my chest and under my breastbone that seemed to go into my back. More painful than surgery, as even drinking hurt badly. The pain is much better, but I am having these strange internal burping sensations whenever I try to drink liquids. I really don't know how to describe it, as it is seems to be coming from my esophagus. It's almost like I am burping from the inside. Has anyone else had this? It makes me feel very nauseous. Hoping that someone else out there has experienced this, and can tell me what it is, and if it will go away eventually. Thanks in advance!

Andria Ragland

MickeyDee
on 7/29/15 10:58 pm

Sounds like you should be speaking to your surgeon--I personally have never heard of such symptoms.

auntmimi
on 7/30/15 6:26 am

Prayers sent your way!!! I hope they figure it out quickly!!!   

At about 4 months out I started to get a burning sensation (about every 2-3 hours) under my breast bone that if I ignored would shoot into my back. It was never awful, but it was noticeable. I have a high tolerance for pain and there were times it would stop me in my tracks. I went to my surgeon, he ran test and the conclusion--My body was telling me I was hungry. Weird, right? He explained that my nerves were cut and were not sending the right message to my brain. Now, its almost like clock work. If I dont have something "little" to eat every 3-4 hours I start to experience it. If the pain starts and I eat or drink I get hiccups EVERY single time. They are deep hiccups that hurt. It doesnt matter how slow I drink or eat, it just happens. My dr. kept me on a acid reducer thinking that would help, but it never really has. 

I hope they find you relief QUICKLY! 

phibbmom
on 7/30/15 11:14 am

I also have an ulcer.  I am also on carafate 4x per day.  I am also experiencing the weird "internal burps".  Very strange.  I haven't had any major problems until now.  I am hoping it goes away too.  I am having some distention in the upper abdomen too, are you experiencing that as well?  I am praying that all of it goes away before my 4 weeks of carafate are up.  I have lots of gas.

I didn't get dehydrated, but I couldn't eat and I've lost another 15 lbs in the last few weeks.  It's crazy. 

What is a tpn feed?  I am so sorry you are going through this!  I Hope it gets better soon!

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

hollykim
on 7/30/15 4:10 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

could be your gallb

adder if you still have it.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?