frustrating...

krazykitkat
on 8/29/15 4:44 am - Canada

I am 2 months post-op. First month was awesome. 28 lbs lost. 2nd month I have lost 4 lbs. I eat 600-700 calories. I have no idea why this isnt coming off a little better. I know about the stalls.

This is a ty

pical menu.

breakfast- one egg

lunch- 3 oz pork and 1 cup veggies eaten over a period of hour

dinner - 3 oz pork and cup of veggies

600 cal 20 carbs 12 fat 68 protein 900 sodium 8 sugar

agriggs
on 8/29/15 5:32 am

What you are eating sounds fine, but what about fluids and constipation?  If I do not get in at least 64 oz a day and take Miralax every other night, plus some walking 3-4 days a week - I don't lose.  I bet you are super frustrated, I don't blame you.  Hang in there and you will find your groove. 

Height: 5'9" SW: 360 Age: 44 RNY: 5/11/15 1st month post: -25; 2nd: -19; 3rd: -19; 4th: -11; 5th: -16

Cristinahdz
on 8/29/15 5:58 am

Increase your water intake, when I don't drink enough I don't lose weight.  Apparently if your body doesn't get enough water it retains the little you get, causing to not lose weight.

Maggielynn37
on 8/29/15 8:23 am - IN

Hang in there!!

beachybikegirl
on 8/29/15 11:35 am

HI I totally understand your frustration!  I had a big first month and slow second month.  I did 25 then 10 lbs but if you look at it this way, in 2 months I had lost 35 lbs which is about 1/2 a pound a day.  Your numbers are almost the same  28 plus 4 is 32 also about 1/2 lb a day.   

Even that being said, I did change up my routine to start the loosing again a little faster.  I changed to a protein shake for breakfast which allowed me to start getting my water in sooner too.  I even skipped veggies just started concentrating on dense protein and water and I feel it has made a difference, in both how I feel and the scale.  

I've also heard on this site people talk about losing in steps, like you lose a bunch then you level off then you loose a bunch.  

It will happen keep on keeping on!

hugs!

RNY on 6/25/15 Height 5.8 HW/SW 247 CW 142 (Normal BMI 21.5) GW 145

Hit my Goal on 5/1/2016 going for more...

Eggface
on 8/29/15 12:10 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

The stalls are why ;) 

Basically your body is used to a level of fuel (food, water) and when through either diet (traditional methods) or with surgical assistance we input less, our smart bodies attempt to keep its reserves of fuel in storage (fat.) It won't last and the scale # will reflect that soon.

I echo the water... water is similar... if those smart bodies of ours thinks it's not got enough H20 it will hold on to that too. Sometimes a change in movement helps... so if you typically walk, some major cardio exercise for a few days (different muscle groups) can help but really... just continue the course creating a healthy new life you can repeat forever... because there is no finish-line... the day after the clothing size or goal scale # appears it's back to the same behaviors the next day. 

Frustrating for sure. It will happen many times throughout your losing phase. I had my longest at -80 lbs that lasted a month. Drove me batty too... and LOL of course family and friends well meaning but still... will ask "Ooooh how much have you lost?" and the # is the same for a few weeks sometimes more, then you get the squinty eye, concerned look... get used to that look... or I'd just started to say "A LOT but enough about me, how are you?" or "it's not about #'s for me, it's about my health." which shuts people up.

Hope the scale fairy visits soon... take measurements too... those are changing too and often when the scale isn't moving those are.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Pokemom
on 8/29/15 10:15 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Thank you so much for sharing this!  I really needed to hear this very story, with these very weights.

krazykitkat
on 8/30/15 5:39 am - Canada

Thank you for the reply and putting it into perspective to me.  The things we do to ourselves in our minds huh.  I am so thankful that I have lost 59 lbs and will come back to your message if the negative creeps in again.  Will up my water intake as well.  Thank you!

I should heed the suggestions to keep off the scale.

meanjelly
on 8/30/15 7:26 am

I am in the same boat

2 months out and stalled for 2 weeks

I know I will start losing again but there is always this negative voice in the back of my head

RNY 6/26/15       HW360      SW290      GW200

Kathyjs
on 8/31/15 12:01 pm

JMHO but one hour is a long time to eat. Also JMHO a cup of veggies is a lot. 13 years this month post op and no way could I eat a cup. One hour of eating is kind of like grazing. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views
Forum Search Error & 404