2.5 weeks Post-op! Dealing with my weight loss stall and other things!

Izzi
on 8/29/15 2:45 am
RNY on 08/12/15

Well I am 2.5 weeks post-op and doing well! 

I returned to work 1 week post-op and I am glad I did. I listen to my body and when I hurt I stop and take a break. I am happy to report that this week, no breaks! I am still not lifting very much but other than that I am back to normal.  

I like many others am dealing with the post-op stall! Yuck! I know it is normal and that a lot of people get it the second week post-op and oh how I hope it will end by week 3 or 4!! 

Some days I still struggle with the fluids and protein but I am still trying! I am amazed at how much I can drink at a time. I can get in 2-3 big gulps of water or fluid at a time. I scare myself sometimes thinking I am stretching my pouch out already but I try to tell myself that if I am drinking too much it will hurt....or it will hurt soon when the nerves in my pouch have repaired themselves.  I think a lot of NEWB's feel this constant pain that we are eating and drinking too much! I am ready to know exactly how much to eat and drink at a time per my doctor! I have my post-op appointment next week at my 3 week post-op mark.

I have had no more gallbladder pain! THANK GOODNESS!! 

In my opinion I am just trucking along, and ready to loose some weight!!

BRING ON WEEK THREE!!!!

HW-330, SW-312, SD 8/12/15

MickeyDee
on 8/29/15 3:31 am

Do yourself a favor and don't gulp the water.  You may find it being trapped in situ and causing a lot of pain.  sipsipsip and you won't have any problems.  (BTDT)

Stay off the scale and enjoy the newness;  you can measure your progress in smaller clothes.  Take pictures, too!

DanaDenise
on 8/29/15 7:40 am

I never wanted picks of my "before," but I now wish I had.  It is a nice way to document your weight loss...also your other measurements are a good way.  Inches come off faster!  

DanaDenise
on 8/29/15 7:37 am

I think gulping water could cause pain even much later.  I never quite figured it out, but I think you can be trapping gas in your stomach which causes pain later on in the day.  Don't worry about the stall...all of a sudden it drops off if you are following the diet given to you!  I still worry at 3 months out that I am eating too much.  I am someone that never dumped or threw up, so I worry that it is easier for me to over eat.  I have always been a fast eater, so I have to continue to work on that.  I can't let myself get hungry or I eat too quickly.  You probably aren't eating solids yet, but that has been my experience.  I just had an appointment at the surgeon's office and I am right on track.  Just listen to your body!

cc583
on 8/29/15 9:35 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

You are doing awesome! Keep up the great work Izzy!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 248 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?