5 day pouch test - protein shake recipes

SugarBear16
on 8/31/15 2:13 pm
with

Hi I will be 3 years out on Oct. 12th, I have had some regain and would like to get some shake recipes. I bought  chocolate & vanilla body fortress whey isolate. 
I will be starting my 5 DPT on 9/10 so any help before then please let me know. Thanks 

Lillian

Married My Always & Forever 08/09/07

*RNY: 10/12/12 *HW:379 *LW:228 *Regain:+49  *CW:277 *GW:180

aesposito
on 8/31/15 3:10 pm

Instead of the 5 day pouch test, which is a gimmick that does nothing for you, post your daily diet/intake for us so we can take a closer look.  At 3 years out, carbs can creep and habits can change...

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

SugarBear16
on 9/2/15 12:56 pm
with

That's just it I know what I am doing wrong which is why I reached out to my surgeon. I don't live close enough to him to just pop into the office or go to my support groups anymore and they always helped keep me in check. He has a back on track plan that includes the 5dpt and he does it for free. No fee what so ever  

JB1114
on 8/31/15 6:23 pm - Grain Valley, MO

I've done the 5 Day Pouch Test a couple of times and found it helped me.  It helped me get rid of carb cravings.

Go to theworldaccordingtoeggface.com and bariatricfoodie.com for great shake recipes as well as other recipes.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

SugarBear16
on 9/2/15 12:57 pm
with

thank you so much 

Kathyjs
on 9/2/15 12:25 pm

Why the shakes?? This far along in this lifetime journey, you know it's a matter of eating too much of the wrong things. My advice. (Ha) weigh and measure your food and log every bite. Get the junk food out of your house. There is no gimmick it's simply what goes in your mouth. You can do this!!!! Toss the junk, get out the door and up that exercise, you have been thru this before. You can do it

SugarBear16
on 9/2/15 12:48 pm
with

Thank you for your response. The reason for the shakes is my surgeon has put me on his back on track program, whi*****ludes the 5dpt. I plan to buy me  new scale, an refocus, mainly I am looking to get the tightness back in my pouch. I know I have slipped into some of my old habits due to depression which is why I turned to my surgeon. I just about die when I am outside up here, it gets up to 120 degrees plus. I am looking into a gym membership as well. 

aesposito
on 9/2/15 1:30 pm

I am sorry to be so blunt, but I have to question the knowledge and abilities of a surgeon who would recommend a gimmick over long-term changes in diet and exercise.  RNY is a tool, not a cure... and changing how you use a hammer for five days is not going to help you hammer in a nail on the 6th day.

Audrey

SugarBear16
on 9/2/15 1:40 pm
with

You can be as blunt as you like it doesn't mean I have to agree with you. My surgeon comes with many great success rates, no mortality contribution (if you will, I can't think of how else to put that). My surgeon has not once contributed to the death % with this surgery, or any of the other bariatric surgeries he preforms. has had more successful patients and than non and others come to him from out of state because he is a very caring and involved medical professional. I didn't come on here to be bashed or be told my surgeon is incompetent, which he is not. I asked a simple question and if you can't answer then please kindly feel free to step off my post. Ultimately I will trust in my surgeon and his his trained staff. I speak with his office admin and surgery advisor for patients who is also one of his patients at 9 years out on a regular basis. This is support be for support and help, I don't find what you have said to be helpful nor supportive. I know RNY is a tool, I know there is no miracle cure. This is not easy and if you think it is then I am glad it is so much simpler for you. 

aesposito
on 9/2/15 2:31 pm

As you wish.  Peace.

Audrey

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics