Soooo aggravated

AKD40
on 9/2/15 4:29 pm

I met with my surgeon on 8/10. I already had the required months with my Dr in. Within the week I had my scope, lung capacity, EKG and lab work. The following week on 8/18 I had my psych evaluation. I was told it would be sent to the surgeon the end of last week. I called Monday and was told it would be faxed that afternoon. The lady that deals with insurance called to let me know she didn't receive it. I called again Tuesday and was told the Dr needed to sign it and it would be faxed that afternoon...nope not there. Sooooo I called this morning and was told they did fax it but it didn't go through so she just mailed it😡. My surgeons office called and asked that it be faxed again and was told that the typist had the copy and they would try to get is and fax it this afternoon... Well guess what!?! It didn't happen. With my surgeons office being closed Friday and Monday bening a holiday, it won't even go to insurance until next week. I'm so frustrated! 

Karen R.
on 9/2/15 5:43 pm - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

I can appreciate your frustration; I think when things (i.e. paperwork) isn't as important to the office workers, as they are to us, people do not appreciate how frustrating it can be.

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

Felicity Q.
on 9/2/15 5:49 pm
DS on 09/28/15

I can empathize.  I had my EDG done on July 21st and it wasn't sent to my surgeon until August 12th! At first, the Gastro office said the surgeon's office needs to call the hospital to get the records from there. The hospital says they had never heard of me. The Gastro then tells my surgeon THEY had never heard of me... then a week later tell the surgeon to call the hospital again. Hospital says the Dr hasn't written up the report yet. So I call the Gastro. The office says he hasn't dictated the report yet.... ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND they went!  Finally, I just bombarded them with calls 1x a day, used their online "ask a doc" portal to request the status, then finally threatened to report them to the TX Board of Health (or whatever its called) to say they aren't providing the records in the required time frame.  Very frustrating.

Just sit tight though, it's like the last piece of your puzzle ready to go... relish the good feeling of putting it in and completing the picture!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

AKD40
on 9/2/15 5:55 pm

Thank you for the empathy. I had a steroid shot in each knee yesterday so I may have "roid rage" lol. I just feel like they have been giving us the run around. I mean what doctors office only has one copy of a report that they mailed??? Anyway, I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and insurance will approve me quickly... A girl can dream, right? 

Felicity Q.
on 9/2/15 6:05 pm
DS on 09/28/15

You bet! If it will make you feel better, you could call your insurance and ask if they have a standard number of business days it takes their utilization department to make a decision on a claim.  I found out Anthem BCBS is 5 business days! It made the wait a lot less stressful knowing WHEN I would know!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

AKD40
on 9/2/15 6:35 pm

I may call them tomorrow. I know the holiday on Monday will throw things off a day. I'm trying to be patient... I really really am!!

cc583
on 9/2/15 6:41 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hey there Felicity, haven't seen on the boards for a few days. Nice to see you back!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

AKD40
on 9/3/15 4:06 pm

My surgeons office called today and said that my pyscholgical eval did not come in the mail like it was supposed to and still no fax. They are closed tomorrow but the very kind lady that handles insurance claims said that she is coming in tomorrow and will attempt to get it again. She said on a bright note my insurance company is approving the surgeries in less than 24 hour so we will see. My nerves are shot. I'm putting on my fat pants and watching Netflix. 

cc583
on 9/2/15 6:38 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

I hope they get their butts in gear and get you approved ASAP!!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Pokemom
on 9/3/15 9:27 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Oh, I hope it works out soon!  It really is hard to wait on stuff like this.  There are so many little details--it seems like something almost always gets dropped.  When I was waiting for approval, it was really down to the wire of trying to get approved soon enough for the surgery to be before the end of the year.  Nail-biting.  We had met our deductible and out of pocket max.  And, we did not know if the insurance would still cover it the next year.  Luckily it all worked out in time.  It is so hard to wait--I am sure it will work out fine if you continue to be a squeaky wheel.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 132 views
Recent Topics