What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 10/5/15 5:44 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning all! Crisp and chilly fall day today, but it's sunny, too, so it's kind of nice. For now. Remind me of this when it starts snowing and I'm *****ing about how cold I am. LOL

This weekend was pretty nice, and other than baseball and putting the shingles on the honey shed/bus stop, I didn't do much of anything. I did go through a bunch of my Mom's old clothes that I'd had in storage; apparently my Mom was a coat ***** LOL No joke, I have inherited like 5 tan trench coats, 3 black pea coats, and various other jackets and blazers. I don't think I'll be buying any winter outerwear for quite some time.

Time since surgery: 14+ months

B: HB egg, reduced fat cheese stick and a 1/2 oz. almonds

S: Click Mocha! It's always a sad day for me when I drink the last of the container. A moment of silence, please.

L: Leftover crockpot cheesy chicken chili (so good) and some reduced fat tortilla chips.

D: Baked pork chops and steamed green beans w/ Brummel and Brown

TOTALS: Cals: 916 Protein: 86 Carbs: 57 Fat: 38

Have a great day all!

melissasue1982
on 10/5/15 6:23 am
RNY on 04/06/15

It was 35 degrees when I went for my walk this morning!! bbbbrrrrrrrr Didn't do to much this weekend...little of this ...little of that! lol

(almost) 6 months since surgery

B: 3/4c Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop syntrax milk chocolate

S: Dannon L&F Greek yogurt

L: Little homemade cauliflower crust "pizza" with reduced fat mozz cheese, a little salami and a teeny bit of bacon. I made the rest of the family stromboli....so I tried to replicate it a bit with my cauliflower crust

S: 2 Baybel light cheese

D: Mexican Spinach "Lasagna" recipe here (I subbed in some reduced fat cream cheese and reduced fat mexican cheese)

Totals: Cals: 630 Protein: 77 Carbs: 24 Fat: 26

So I have decided no more telling Hubby when I am close to a goal. We had a "conversation" the other night about how he thinks I am trying to get too small, and that he worries I obsess about my weight etc etc. All this because I told him I am SO EXCITED that I am 2 lbs away from "just" being overweight. He just doesnt get it, has never had a weight problem, and has never had to be scolded about his BMI.....ho hum

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AngryViking
on 10/5/15 6:29 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Guys just don't get it, especially guys who haven't battled obesity like us. I don't update my husband anymore either, but he makes it clear that he thinks I don't eat enough. I'm like, "you jus****ched me eat dinner, you moron".

melissasue1982
on 10/5/15 6:36 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I mean I dont give him like crazy daily updates ...that is what YOU GUYS are for!!! HAHAHA But I think he worries way too much about me not eating enough....getting too small etc. And it will be for the best for me to just NOT updated him on anyway. lol

Back to your first post...the Click Mocha...is it really coffee(ish) tasting? I used to like Dunkin Donuts Mocha Coolatas....because really they tasted more like chocolate then coffee (I do NOT like coffee).

Just wondering about the Click Mocha. I have a sample coming to me from Nashua Nutrition. I am just trying to have more then one option around for protein drinks since I still have 1 a day.

AngryViking
on 10/5/15 6:44 am
RNY on 07/17/14

OMG, the Click is the only protein drink I can tolerate, and even though I don't really need to supplement, I still drink it because it's delicious! It does taste like coffee, but if you had to pick out the most forward flavor, it's definitely chocolate. Yum.

melissasue1982
on 10/5/15 7:20 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I cant wait to try my sample when it gets here

mamata2
on 10/5/15 7:43 am

Do you make yours with coffee? Milk? Water?

AngryViking
on 10/5/15 7:50 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Jus****er in a shaker bottle with some ice. You guys are making me want my snack early, dammit!

mamata2
on 10/5/15 8:32 am

Sorry! #notsorry

NYMom222
on 10/5/15 7:41 am
RNY on 07/23/14

He is just not used to seeing you thinner. I get the 'you are skinny' 'you aren't going to lose much more are you?' and I am still at least #30 from normal BMI and 38 from my goal. *****ally knows what my final goal is until I get there.

I love Click Mocha, I also Love Fit Frappe Mocha. They are what got me through at about 5 weeks post-op for several months of 'If I have to have another protein drink I will puke'...syndrome. LOL

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views