Hormones suck! (Possible TMI post)

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/15 12:22 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I got a lesson recently in how much hormones can mess with the scale (and subsequently with my head, if I let it). I gained 2 lbs in the past 2 weeks and was getting pretty dejected. I upped my exercise intensity and dropped my calories, afraid that my body was just trying to go into maintenance 10-30 pounds before I wanted it to. Coincidentally, I was into the third month of my continuous birth control in an attempt to stop my periods (since they're miserable and I can no longer take NSAIDs) but had started spotting. My OB/GYN thought I just needed to stop for a week to let my body have the period it was so desperate to have.

Well, I stopped the BC, have been peeing like a banshee, and lost 3 lbs of water weight in the last 2 days. What a good reminder that the scale only tells your relationship with gravity and is a rather poor direct indicator of the amount of fat you're losing or gaining! So this Thanksgiving season, I'm thankful that I get an IUD next Friday.    8 more pounds by Xmas and I'll be under the weight limit and able to play on the monkey bar set I got for my niece and nephew!

Juliek7312
on 11/27/15 2:03 pm

i just got an IUD before Halloween. Take some pain meds before the insertion appt. Some ppl have a lot of pain (me and ive had a kid :( ) and others dont feel anything. I hope you are the latter ^^

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/15 6:12 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

What pain meds did you take? She said they usually recommend Advil but told me to take Tylenol since I can't take NSAIDs. I'm afraid it won't be enough...GYN procedures always hurt for me.  =(

Juliek7312
on 11/27/15 6:58 pm

I took some tylenol, but it didn't do much. If it does hurt just remember... it only takes like 2 mins to get it all set up. once shes done the pain fades a lot. Prepare to be a little crampy for the rest of the day tho.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/27/15 7:02 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Second this. I had my IUD before I had my kid, and it hurt like a MOTHA. Two days of cramps worse than any period pain I'd gone through in my life, even with Tylenol and a heat pad.

Make sure to take something BEFORE you head to the gyno and get an edge on it.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

MAchick
on 11/28/15 4:01 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

My IUD KILLED so be aware. I could barely drive home, could barely move for a day. My uterus did not want that thing in there. 

AND do yourself a favor, make sure you go when you're having your period.

Juliek7312
on 11/28/15 6:32 pm

yeah my ob would only do it when I was on my period. I did it on the 2nd day of my period and had to be dialated more(hurt the most) so i suggest doing it on your heaviest day of your period

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 518 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 254 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views