What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 2/3/16 4:59 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Happy Wednesday, all!  It's all down hill from here.  LOL  It's absolutely pouring here right now, and super windy to boot.  Due to a "miscommunication" with Matt, I had to walk the dog before I left for work, so needless to say I look like a crazy person and my shoes and the backs of my pants are all muddy. 

He tried to be nice and make me my coffee, but then he put regular milk in it and I was pissed all over again.  Does he not know after all these years how I take my coffee?  LOL

My menu is a hot mess, because there's like -0- food in the house and my son has another bball game tonight.  So, subject to change and all that.

Time since surgery:  18 1/2 months

B:  coffee that I made myself and Special K protein cereal, dry

S:  Click Mocha

L:  Buffalo chicken salad on 34 degree crackers with a Cracker Barrel cheddar stick

D:  shrimp ****tail

TOTALS:  Cals:  720  Protein:  90  Carbs:  68  Fat:  14

Obvs, I need to add a snack here somewhere, but everything I have access to right now is a carb.  LOL

AnnyBananny
on 2/3/16 5:06 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

AV, it sounds like you're having an awesome morning  Just remember - you're UNDER GOAL! Keep thinking about that and then I bet you'll perk up 

I feel like I'm barely working this week as Monday I didn't go in until 11, yesterday I left at 1 for my doctor's appointment, today I'm going directly to a 9:30 training (so I'm being lazy again this morning), tomorrow I actually have to work all day, and then I'm off on Friday to go to DC to see Emily!!! 

This is all balanced out by a really horrific week next week, so I'm just trying to enjoy this while it lasts.

Time since surgery: just shy of 2 years

B: omelette (with my extra time), coffee with cream

S: KIND bar in the car

L: turkey sloppy joe, sweetened ricotta

S: pistachios and string cheese

D: picked up already cooked Pot Roast at TJ's yesterday - not sure how it will be, but giving it a try

S: popcorn and Chobani tube (what else?!)

TOTALS: Calories 1145, Protein 85, Carbs 70, Fat 67

V/W: getting it started!

E: Wednesdays are my rest day after BodyPump on Tuesday, but I'm obsessed with FitStar Yoga lately so I'll do a session tonight

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

hyder1ab
on 2/3/16 5:13 am
RNY on 05/06/15

I love the tube yogurts, so convenient!

cpcampbell
on 2/3/16 5:50 am

Variety of flavors? How's the taste?

hyder1ab
on 2/3/16 6:03 am
RNY on 05/06/15

I use the Siggy's ones so they are more on the tart side of Greek yogurts. But, the Chobani ones are pretty good. Usually 2 flavor to a box, 50 calories each. They are a good on the go snack or a treat if you toss them in the freezer.

AnnyBananny
on 2/3/16 9:53 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

My store carries banana (my favorite), strawberry, and mixed berry. They used to have chocolate, which was awesome, but I haven't seen it in ages. They're 50 calories each.

My trick is that I put them in the freezer - then I pull one out and let it warm up a bit and it's awesome - "ice cream" ish.

Queen JB
on 2/3/16 5:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Tell me more about FitStar yoga. What's different about it? 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

AnnyBananny
on 2/3/16 9:56 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Mostly I like it because it syncs directly with MFP. Now I'm sure other yoga apps do to, but this is the one I've tried most recently and really like it. The background music is HORRIBLE, but you can turn it off and then I play a Spotify playlist or something else instead. 

I'm just using the free version, which has maybe 12 or so "classes" you can do - you can pay a monthly or yearly subscription and have access to more, but I haven't done that yet, I might in the end though. For some reason I have a mental block about real yoga classes, they intimidate me much more than any other class, so I can't see myself going to them even if I am liking the relaxation provided by the practice.

Queen JB
on 2/3/16 5:06 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Rainy dark Wednesday here in Boston, too. The kind of day that should be spent in bed, not in an office with harsh overhead lighting! Here's the plan, although I'm weirdly already hungry, so I hope I can stick to it...

B: Decaf coffee with 1 scoop of Espresso Fit Frappe & 1/2 scoop of Unjury Chocolate
S: Sargento Balanced Break
L: Fage Blueberry Greek yogurt
S: sliced turkey and cheese cubes
D: cottage cheese with Everything Bagel Spice on cucumber slices

Cals: 542 / Protein: 60 / Carbs : 42 / Fat: 19

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 2/3/16 5:52 am - Brighton, IL

Juniper I wonder if you would feel less hungry with a more dense breakfast of some sort? Drinks never fill me up so I no longer use shakes. Just a thought!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 476 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 440 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 382 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 105 views
Forum Search Error & 404