Barker Bariatric in Dallas Texas

mwoods1234
on 2/5/16 9:00 am

//I'm a revision patient Lap band to RNY on 9/2015.   Just got a very brief email stating Dr Hodges and Dr Brewer are leaving this practice.

I had these Dr's do my surgery and all my follow up and I'm devastated. Anyone know what is going on? has anyone had this happen where your Dr's leave the practice? I'm only 4 months out. I hope I can go have my follow up with my surgeon wherever he goes. :(

AllisonW2016
on 2/5/16 9:51 am
RNY on 12/01/15

I'm an RNY patient of theirs, too.  Brewer did my surgery.  Brewer and Hodges are opening up a new practice over in the Irving (Las Colinas -- Las Colinas Medical Center Tower II) area at the beginning of March.  They are supposed to be sending out a letter to all of their patients at the end of February telling them where they are going and how to contact the new practice.  I heard that the new practice is supposed to be call New You Bariatrics. 

You are allowed to follow them to their new practice. 

mwoods1234
on 2/5/16 12:37 pm

Allison

Thank you so much for that information. I plan to follow them, I was just really concerned when I heard this news. I am due for my 6 month check up with labs in March so I hope I'll be able to get in to see them then. I have some things going on with my vitamin levels and just want to get it all checked out before problems start.

When did you have your Surgery?

AllisonW2016
on 2/5/16 2:00 pm
RNY on 12/01/15

December 1, 2015.  It seem like a long time ago, but it's really just a blip of time. 

Surgery date:  12/1/2015, Highest Weight: 248; Surgery Weight: 241; Current Weight 195; Goal Weight:  160

mwoods1234
on 5/11/16 5:17 pm

Allison have you been able to get an apt with Brewer at the new office yet. I haven't. Dr Brewer called me and told me about some problems Dr Barker is causing them. I hope to be able to see them soon. I think my gallbladder is going to crap...lol

AllisonW2016
on 5/16/16 8:48 am
RNY on 12/01/15

Hi.  That's really interesting about Dr. Barker.  I have my six month follow up with Dr. Brewer in early June.  I've seen him once in their new office already (my three month follow up).

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 187 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 327 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?