Gaining weight on optifast?

Danipanda
on 4/30/16 6:24 pm
RNY on 05/19/16

Hello! 

So this is my first post on this website and I'm looking for some advice. :)

My surgery is May 19th so I began my 3 weeks of optifast on April 28th. I weighed myself on the 28th and came in at 320. I've been sticking to the diet perfectly. 4 shakes a day, tons of water, and two caffeine free teas...that's it. I weighed myself today out of curiosity and I've somehow gained almost 6 pounds. I'm extremely discouraged... Basically strarving yourself and you gain weight? Gaaahhhh!! Can anyone offer any insight as to why my body hates me?

Thanks!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/30/16 6:49 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Have you started a new exercise routine? Sometimes the body will hold onto water till its used to your new routine. Either that or your body went into "Oh ****" mode & decided to hold onto every molecule of water due to the reduction in calories.

Good Luck on your upcoming surgery, hope you have a speedy recovery, saving you a seat on the losers bench. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Danipanda
on 4/30/16 6:56 pm
RNY on 05/19/16

No new exercise routine, just been doing the same basics I've been doing for months. I suppose water retention makes sense, but 6 pounds of it...I hope it all comes off before the surgery!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/1/16 5:12 pm

TOM? Sometimes hormons can cause water retention. 

Also drasticly changing routine can cause constipation... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 216 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics