Getting thin hurts!

cheapskate
on 5/2/16 7:43 am
RNY on 03/30/15

I am so grateful I had a this surgery, it had given me so many opportunities I didn't even know I was missing. 

That being said, I am in so much physical pain that no one can seem to diagnose. I was in a walking boot for 4 months last year(alternating feet)  with what ended up being g nerve issues, my knees hurt so much they wake me up at night or I go to bed crying, and now my shoulder blades are so painful I can barely lean back on them. If my husband comes up behind me and rubs my back I yelp in pain. 

I am not sure what to do. I have seen my surgeon, pcp and podiatrist with little results (podiatrist did fix feet). 

It just sucks. I think it is playing a large part in the depression I am experiencing because I am hurting and exhausted from not sleeping. 

Has anyone else experienced this?  I am not sure where to go from here and my doctors are beginning to act like I am a seeker because I can't take NSAIDS and they have to prescribe what would be considered something stronger. 

melissasue1982
on 5/2/16 9:01 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I am so sorry you are having such problems   I am NO help, but wanted to send you love!!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

monkam
on 5/2/16 9:29 am
RNY on 02/16/15

Hi - I think you are in greater KC area? I want to recommend my chiro Dr Christina at Adjust Your Health near 135th & Roe if that is doable for you. At least call (Dr Jeff - her husband also chiro - answers the phone). Extremely low cost to go in for a first meeting with some X-ray and lots of discussion what may be going on and come up with a plan and not expensive and she works with insurance. Dr Christina is very gentle and also uses needle less acupuncture. She helped me with sciatica as SMO. I thought I'd have that pain forever but she worked it out and I only do maintenance visit once a month. While losing weight I had some changes -- she kept on top of what was changing. I had never done chiro. After meeting her and doing the plan I was so sorry I had waited so long. I don't know how other chiro docs are but she is fantastic - what was I scared of? I don't think it could hurt and it may help. You can tell her Monica told you to call. Wishing you the best!

cheapskate
on 5/2/16 12:42 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

I live in Waldo so I will check them. Out!!! 

monkam
on 5/2/16 1:04 pm
RNY on 02/16/15

I have two sisters in Waldo. They both also use Dr Christina because of my success there. If you get Sunday paper the doctors were featured on back page of special Health section yesterday. 

L. 68
on 5/2/16 4:55 pm
On May 2, 2016 at 4:29 PM Pacific Time, monkam wrote:

Hi - I think you are in greater KC area? I want to recommend my chiro Dr Christina at Adjust Your Health near 135th & Roe if that is doable for you. At least call (Dr Jeff - her husband also chiro - answers the phone). Extremely low cost to go in for a first meeting with some X-ray and lots of discussion what may be going on and come up with a plan and not expensive and she works with insurance. Dr Christina is very gentle and also uses needle less acupuncture. She helped me with sciatica as SMO. I thought I'd have that pain forever but she worked it out and I only do maintenance visit once a month. While losing weight I had some changes -- she kept on top of what was changing. I had never done chiro. After meeting her and doing the plan I was so sorry I had waited so long. I don't know how other chiro docs are but she is fantastic - what was I scared of? I don't think it could hurt and it may help. You can tell her Monica told you to call. Wishing you the best!

great recommendation i heard that after so much weight loss your body will be or can become imbalance and i[ve read alot of people get some relief with chiropractic care.

good luck

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/2/16 2:04 pm

Fibro - there may be reasons for that. 

some may include, adrenal insufficiency, Low D, SIBO (google that) , Low Iron., low potassium, low calcium-high PTH, low magnesium... etc etc...

beside that- poor spine alignment - I know that as I was losing weight my center of gravity was shifting and it took a while and a many chiro visits, plus yoga to get adjusted and keep that adjustment.  

Sometimes now when I get more aches - it is because I forgot my weekly B12 shot..

adding food allergies - being allergic to foods caused inflamatory response inside my body. Inflammation =pain...

I found out that I am allergic to dairy (like in proteins), soy, vanilla, etc etc..

when I do eat some cheese...(I know I am not suppose to) the next day - my face is puffy...and swollen on one side.. Soy - even small amount - make my hands itch first...then if I had more - my scalp itches... and then next 2 days- my gut gets all puffy and sensitive... I can't even imagine what is going on in my gut. 

Give me some popcorn- and I get severe spasms of my colon...  even before the popcorn gets there...

I got tested for some food allergies. Others - even though they do not show specific allergy, I started having issues after I introduced them back to my diet. (google elimination diet. ) 

my basic diet was organic cooked chicken with cooked carrots and celery.  salt and pepper. 2-3 weeks... it was bland and very boring... But - I use same diet (plus avocado, and coconut oil) even now when my gut gets messed up... 

I am not saying your issues  are related to food allergies...but they may be...   

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kathyjs
on 5/2/16 2:51 pm

Your story could have been written by me. I was in constant pain!!!! I tried everything!!! Even bought a hot tub and while I was in it , it helped a little. End of the story was my vitamin D had totally tanked. She started me on 50,000 mg a day and then farther apart. After two weeks at the longest, I was pain free. 

MammaKathy
on 5/2/16 4:21 pm

Have you had your vitamin D checked? I was severely low and had many of the pains you describe. I would hurt so bad in my low back, hips, and legs that I could not sleep or I would wake up from sleeping. I took vitamin D 50,000 iu per day for two weeks, then weekly. I no longer have the pains at all!

lking
on 5/2/16 4:31 pm - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

Have you been checked for fibromyalgia...just a thought if nutrients aren't the problem/solution.

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 423 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 237 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?