"Killer" NSV

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/16 10:01 am, edited 5/20/16 2:38 pm

It happened! FINALLY happened! I was really worried I wouldn't be able to, but good ole' Gar came through again. 

Okay, let me set the scene, In my 8 1/2 month journey, I've yet to eat any sugar, carbs, sweets. It had served me well so far. Allowing me to get to goal pretty fast. But, there was always that question, "could I, possibly, hopefully, just once?". I found out I CAN!! I was reading my release papers from the hospital yesterday. I hate hospitals. Just as we started the last page at 3 p.m, IT HAPPENED! I DUMPED! I dumped my ass off. I thought I was dying! I'm on my bed, writhing around like a dying snake. I might have called out "Mommy" I think.

I was on strict liquid diet at the hospital. Zero modifications, even if you're me! ME! So for breakfast, I had 1/2 cup of plain, horrible, tasteless, cream de' wheat. A pint of milk 2%, and my first 3 bites of yogurt EVER! At 7:30 a.m. AT 3:05 my nurse called "code red"! and about ten nurses came crashing into my room, as this was the symptoms of extremely low blood sugar. 3 nurse's tried to test my blood sugar at the same time. And someone touched my butt like 5 times (Leslie).

I really was hoping this would be another tool to add (dumping) to my belt. I had yet to even test it. But, YAY for MAY! I'm a dumper! HELL YES! Beautiful day!

This is an ironic, tongue in cheek post! Do not "test" anything in this arena. It is self-deprecating, an meant to convey stupidity of the uninitiated. Me.

shirleym
on 5/20/16 10:41 am - Springfield, OR

Welcome to the ranks of those of us who dump.

All time high weight - 366 lbs; initial loss 180 lbs

regained to 318 lbs; got back on track middle of Jan. 2015

current weight 172.4

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/16 12:39 pm

Thank you.It's nice to belong.

Heather P.
on 5/20/16 10:44 am

I haven't tested it and I am more afraid that I won't dump than I am to dump, so I am going to go as long as I can without testing it :)

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/16 12:42 pm

I was really backed in a corner. I never eat carbs. I thought it was because I had not really eaten for three days. Please do not try to test it. I was being totally tongue in cheek. It's how I post my stuff.

The Salty Hag
on 5/20/16 12:59 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

This is a fantastic attitude to have! Good for you! Too many new post-ops are eager to test out the dumping question;it's nice to see someone with a more cautious outlook. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Kathy S.
on 5/20/16 11:14 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

OK, someone needs to explain to me the reason for touching your butt 5 times for low blood sugar?  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/16 12:38 pm

She saw her chance, and took it.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/20/16 11:50 am

Gary, what you experienced is "late dumping" - also referred to RH=reactive hypoglycemia.  

Real dumping happens app 15-30 min after eating food full of sugar or carbs...

the 8 hours later - is RH... low blood sugar symptoms... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/16 12:37 pm

Thank you Hala. I was being pretty tongue in cheek about it. I just thought it was low blood sugar. I try to look at it as a benefit. Just a little more insurance against complacent behavior that may or may not ever rear it's ugly head.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics