Friday's the day

pr31
on 5/31/16 12:12 pm

It seems like this process started so long ago, but now all of a sudden it's only a few days away.  Day nine of the pre-op diet and all's well. First few days were really rough.  Then I re-read my instructions and saw that I could add unsweetened cocoa to my shake.  That has really saved me.  Every time I openen the bag of powder I thought I was going to gag.  But the cocoa made is so much more tolerable, almost good.  Poop has now turned cocoa dark brown - sorry if TMI.  One more day of shakes, then my clear liquid/bowel prep day - UGH!  I won't know the surgery time and when I need to be at the hospital on Friday until Thursday evening.  

It was a rough weekend.  A very dear friend had to have emergency surgery on Sunday.  I stopped by to check on him this morning (I work at the hospital) and his sweet wife was in the ER with blood sugar of over 500.  She's been so busy worrying & trying to take care of hubby that she has neglected herself.  The ER was able to bring the sugar down and she was comfortably visiting with her hubby.  Several friends are rallying to make sure she takes care of herself first - such a hard thing to do.

Anyhow, these are just some thoughts running through my mind this afternoon.  I haven't been sleeping much.... too much running through my mind at night.  Tomorrow is my last work day before surgery.  I'm hoping to be able to check in from my phone, but I can't remember by OH password.  I requested a reset so hopefully that will come through.  I'm constantly logged in on my work computer, but lost other than that.

See you on the losers bench!

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

lizz122964
on 5/31/16 12:52 pm

Good luck Friday, I'm having my surgery Monday. See you on the losers bench. 

Kelley425
on 5/31/16 8:46 pm

My sugery is next wend.. good luck to both of you!!

selhard
on 5/31/16 10:03 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

You typed three, good-sized paragraphs.  I saw the words but here's what I read:   First paragraph means, "I am nervous if I can go through this"   Second paragraph means, "I am sick with worry."  Third paragraph means, "I am scared."  How close or far off did I paraphrase?  Please allow me one more paraphrase:  the last sentence means, "Things will go just fine."

pr31
on 6/1/16 5:35 am

Nervous - yes, but I know that I can go through it.  I've unfortunately had several major surgeries in my life so while not the same type, I know the overall procedure.  I am very worried about my friends.  Yes I'm scared, I would think most people would be with facing a life altering surgery, but I'm prepared and ready to get it over with.  Sure hoping things go fine.

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

selhard
on 6/1/16 9:29 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Thanks for the reply.  My know-it-all tendencies prompt an apology to you even if I know things will go fine on Friday.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 771 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 374 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 501 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 156 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?