What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/23/16 5:02 am, edited 6/23/16 5:16 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Thursday morning all!  So, those of you who are Facebook friends with me know this already but I have to announce that my baby boy made honors for the last quarter of the school year.  This kid worked so hard this year.  SO HARD.  I'm super proud of him.    And if you aren't FB friends with me, you should be.  I'm a good time.  LOL

I'm kind of annoyed this morning (more than usual) because my eyes have been watering since I woke up.  I don't really suffer from allergies, so I'm not really sure where to place the blame.  It was super windy yesterday, so maybe that has something to do with it?  Whatevs, all I know is that it's ruining my makeup. 

QOTD!  Speaking of makeup...  what's your most recent find?  I love me some beauty products and I'm always on the hunt.  A couple of weeks ago I got a freebie tube of Cover Girl Super Sizer mascara and I am in love.  Seriously, this is the bomb mascara.  I highly recommend.  So, what's your latest fave?  Grim, you can opt out, or just tell us your most recent find of anything! 

Time since surgery:  23+ months

B:  1/2 c. Kraft 4% Simply cottage cheese and 34 Degree crackers

S:  2 HB eggs and a Cabot reduced fat cheddar cheese bar

L:  ****tail shrimp with avocado cilantro dressing, 34 Degree crackers and a cheese stick

D:  grilled chicken and zoodles sautéed with garlic.  You guys.  How have I not hopped on the spiralizer bandwagon until now?  It's a revelation!

TOTALS:  Cals:  844  Protein:  101  Carbs:  35  Fat:  35

You know what?  This menu kind of rocks.  I hope I can stick to it. 

karenp8
on 6/23/16 5:29 am - Brighton, IL

Tell your kiddo we are proud of him too! I'm not really into makeup most likely because I don't really know how to pick it or put it on. The only thing I occassionally use is blush and sometimes for a special occasion,lipstick. Another hot muggy gloomy day here in the middle of Illinois. Looks like it could rain but Lily and I already got our 3.2 miles in this morning. I will also do 30 minutes on the bike at some point today. Post op about 46 months and weight at 118.6 today. This heat really makes me not want to cook or eat so here's the plan unless hubby insists on hot food for supper and then it will be steak. B 142 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz deli turkey and cheese 1/2 c broccoli D 31/2 oz grilled chicken straps with 1/2 c mixed greens  and some blue cheese dressing. If hot food is requested it will be 31/2 oz ribeye 1/2 c green beans. Snack will be a mission 1 brownie protein bar. Have a great day everyone and make some sensible choices! 

karenp8
on 6/23/16 5:31 am - Brighton, IL

Oops! Instead of 142 cups of oats ,let's make that 1/2 cup!

life_mirrors_art
on 6/23/16 6:02 am - Canada

That would be one big bowl of oatmeal!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

AngryViking
on 6/23/16 5:34 am, edited 6/22/16 10:35 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

You know what's funny?  For as much as I like (love) makeup, I never wear blush.  I can't figure it out.  LOL  It always looks a little clown-esque on me.  Maybe I just don't know how to pick it out and/or apply...

Capogirl
on 6/23/16 5:59 am

I stopped using powder blush because as you get older, a cream blush looks better and blends easier without looking cakey.  I do not by a blush.  I make my lipstick do double duty.  I use Revlon Super Lustrous in Softshell pink.  I just dab a little on and rub it in and it looks very natural.  The funny thing is I put the lipstick on in the morning and rarely touch up later but I am a chapstick a holic.

AngryViking
on 6/23/16 6:10 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Great tip on the lipstick!  Imma try that.  And I hear you on the lip balm love.  At this point I am probably single handedly keeping Carmex in business.

Emiepie
on 6/23/16 7:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad I am not the only one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

stacyrg
on 6/23/16 9:03 am
VSG on 05/12/14

My favorite lip product at the moment is Chapstick Total Hydration in Luscious Lemon Delight.  It works really well and has a good flavor.  I have multiple tubes stashed all over: Purse, work bag, car . . .

Capogirl
on 6/23/16 12:09 pm

I love the Total Hydration in Orange.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 352 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views