In need of some encouragement

darlingshell2005
on 6/27/16 7:37 am
RNY on 06/06/16

I'm 3 weeks post op today and I'm feeling regretful that I had the surgery. I had been doing good but a trip to the ER with stomach pain last thursday has changed my emotional state. I'm tired of being tired and weak and I just regret having the surgery at the moment. I've read enough post to know that buyers remorse early on is normal, being tired is normal etc but I can't seen to shake this funk I've gotten myself in. I do have a doctors appointment tomorrow to discuss how I've been feeling as well as to ask about a support group. Until then I could just use some words of wisdom from anyone else that has felt this way during their journey. 

Emiepie
on 6/27/16 7:42 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! So glad you reached out for some support. It will get better, your body is still recovering from surgery and you are still adjusting to it all. My best advice is to be patient with yourself. For me, things got better once I could take all my vitamins and add in some actual food with protein. Hang in there and def. talk to your doc tomorrow about how you're feeling. By chance, are there any local support groups in your area?

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

seguine13
on 6/27/16 7:49 am
RNY on 02/17/16

Don't loose hope! I know exactly how you feel. The weakness is normal and will go away. I only just had my surgery 6 weeks ago but I'm feeling better already! I go through depression and regret the surgery sometimes, I just miss food so much, but what's done is done. You can't change it now, just think about how miserable you were about your weight and think about how wonderful it is to see that scale slowly go down. Soon you will be a new you, more active than ever! I'm walking all over the place :D Definately join a support group, and if the funk continues some counseling works wonders. hugs!

Ereiam
on 6/27/16 7:54 am
RNY on 05/16/16

It'll get easier fast. I'm six weeks out and feel great. I finally don't have eating as my goal for the day. I do get hungry, and enjoy food, but I am experiencing so much freedom from food that I don't regret the surgery at all!

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/16 7:55 am, edited 6/27/16 12:56 am

I promise it gets easier. Take day by day. You came to the right place. 

denyse51204
on 6/27/16 9:34 am

Congratulations on your journey! It is easy when things don't feel right to start second guessing ourselves and ask - did I do the right thing? I sometimes still see ads for diets on TV and think, maybe that one would have worked instead of surgery. Take a breather and allow yourself to feel the feelings. I remember thinking early on that maybe I had made the decision too quickly and hadn't thought through the possibility that there might still be something different I could have done, but there were no diets left, no more pills to buy (waste money on) and I had a year before surgery to change my mind. I made the right decision and am so grateful I did. I've lost 120 pounds I would be still carrying today had I not chosen the path I did. I encourage you, I applaud you and I'm thankful for your courage to say "I need help."

Denyse

JB1114
on 6/27/16 9:45 am - Grain Valley, MO

Sorry you are having a rough time.  I had a rough first week and was thinking being fat wasn't so bad, but after those bad days, I've had no problems and I've never regretted having WLS.

It's good you have an appointment with you doctor.  Hopefully, he/she will have advice for you.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Heather P.
on 6/27/16 10:14 am

I'm so sorry you are having a hard time.  I was feeling the same around 2-4 weeks after surgery.  It really does get better.  I am 12 weeks post op today and I feel fantastic.  I can eat so many things and I actually enjoy the food now, instead of choking down my 2-3 oz of gross bland food.  I walk every day and feel genuinely happy and hopeful for the future for the first time in a long time.  Just keep your head up and don't be afraid to talk about how you are feeling! Hugs to you! 

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

Boxerlover3452
on 6/27/16 11:15 am
RNY on 06/06/16

I too am 3 weeks post op today.  YAY Us.  To date, I haven't had any regrets.  I do miss my best buddy (food) the way I ate before surgery and I do get hungry, but it passes.  I was just wondering if you're doing any kind of exercises at all.  I was walking a couple of hours after surgery (that was required in order to get discharged).  Now I take an evening walk almost every night and I feel wonderful.  3 days post op I was mopping my kitchen floor.  Not here to try to make you feel bad.  Everyone is different but I was just wondering if some mild exercise might help you feel better.  I'll be curious as to what your doctor says.  All the best to you and keep coming back to these boards for support and motivation.

supershopper
on 6/27/16 11:46 am

I was tired 3 weeks out but looking back still had more energy than before surgery. I made myself go walking around the neighborhood - even a few minutes helped, now 6 months out, I'm Running around the neighborhood literally.

Get into support group asap and immerse yourself on these boards- do some searching using the search function. If support groups are helping then look into a therapist. They can really help.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views
Forum Search Error & 404