What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/28/16 5:12 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Tuesday morning, all!  I so appreciated all the lively brownie discussion yesterday!  LOL  It occurred to me that I tend to talk about food a lot.  Not just menu posting, but as a QOTD or whatever.  I did some reflecting on that and I think it's because I think if I talk about food and what I like (or ask you guys what you like), that I take away it's power over me.  And let's be honest here, you don't spend a lifetime being MO without food having some kind of sway/control/whatever you want to call it.  LOL  I just wanted to put that out there.  This has been a peek into the mind of a fat girl.  The More You Know...cue rainbow star.

QOTD!  Let's talk siblings.  I have one brother; he's 5 years older than me.  He's a stagehand in NYC and has been in that line of work since what seems like the beginning of time.  I love to hear about the celebrities he meets and who's cool and who's an asshole.  (Do you appreciate that this question is not food related?  HA!)

Time since surgery:  23+ months

B:  slice of honey whole grain toast, HB egg and a string cheese

S:  Light & Fit Greek key lime with a graham cracker crumbled on top.  I'm kind of excited about this snack.  LOL

L:  lemon pepper tuna pouch, 34 Degree rosemary crackers, HB egg and a string cheese

D:  grilled chicken with avocado cilantro dressing and sautéed zoodles

TOTALS:  Cals:  862  Protein:  105 (woo!)  Carbs:  51  Fat:  27

Queen JB
on 6/28/16 5:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning, everyone. Turns out yesterday at work was not as bad as I imagined. All the drama just kind of magically worked itself out. What? That never happens!

And I'm still feeling good about my back-on-plan lifestyle. I've stuck to my menu 100% for the last week, except for a few extra unplanned cups of coffee (with milk) and some air-popped popcorn. Hello, Willpower...welcome back!

QOTD: Nope. (And I totally don't mind your food questions!). 

B: Decaf iced coffee with milk and an Egg and Cheese "Wake Up Wrap" from Dunkin.

S: Honey Cinnamon Almonds

L: Tuna with Mary's Gone Crackers

S: Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt

D: Rotisserie Chicken

Calories: 810/ Protein: 68/ Carb: 42/ Fat: 31

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

AngryViking
on 6/28/16 5:29 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I had one of those wakeup wraps w/turkey sausage over the weekend.  It was yummy!

Emiepie
on 6/28/16 6:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad your day worked out well. 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

NYMom222
on 6/28/16 8:31 am
RNY on 07/23/14

OK can you send some of that willpower mojo my way???? My menu yesterday was a total fantasy, except for the protein bar. Not that I ate terribly, just weird.

Was at Sam's club and succumbed to the lure of the garbage size bag of skinny pop... for $3 and change rather than the $12 box of portion control skinny pop. "I'll save it for when I have people hanging out by the pool" I said. hahahaha... broke that sucker out last night. Why can we eat so much popcorn? So after I finished not measuring and eating directly out of the giant bag, I walked it out to the garbage can at the street and dumped it ....because it was garbage night. Lot of throwing away of food happening... ACK! Down a pound this AM...so it is not like I was crazy, it's just when I go off routine I get mentally crazy...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

RNY_elizabeth
on 6/28/16 9:22 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I think popcorn exists on a different quantum physics plane.  Like for real... I can eat the heck out of popcorn.  I try not to...but yah...it is weird.

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Grim_Traveller
on 6/28/16 1:10 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I can eat a barrel full of popcorn. As long as I don't drown it in butter, it's not a bad snack.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Capogirl
on 6/28/16 10:08 am

I am struggling with the whole popcorn thing, too easy to go too far with it.

Flaxie
on 6/30/16 2:33 am
RNY on 03/15/16

Thank goodness, I thought it was just me!!!  I thought I was possessed by the popcorn devil and would burst my pouch.  I felt soooo guilty.  Knowing you guys eat it too makes me feel so much better.

(deactivated member)
on 6/28/16 5:29 am, edited 6/27/16 10:33 pm

Good morning. I have a sister who is three years older than me. I really don't talk to her. Not really because there was a problem. We are just so different. She is high heels and I am in flip flops. 

I hate that food has a power over me sometimes. i will buy something thinking I can eat in moderation. Yea I know that is funny for me. I know some people over time can do that. I can't at this point. Hopefully one day it will happen. 

oops forgot the main reason I am here posting. 

B:Protein shake/ coffee

S:Hard boiled egg

L:Tuna

D:Brisket and salad

No walking this morning and it is driving me crazy. I may just walk in the rain. 

Have a good day.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 297 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views