mistake

MelodyG
on 7/30/16 3:23 pm
RNY on 07/22/16

I am sorry to sound like the Debbie Downer here but I can't seem to feel like I made a huge mistake.  I have not been happy since my surgery on July 22. A ton of different emotions.  Food has played such an important part of my life and now it is gone!  My surgeons schedule is;

1st week fluids only

2nd week - low fat cottage cheese, yogurt, unsweetened applesauce, oatmeal and loosely prepared mashed potatoes. (Working upto 2 tbsp)

3rd week - 1/2 scrambled egg, canned tuna/salmon only, 1/4-1/2 piece of toast or 1-2 small crackers. 

4th week - is when I get more of a variety.

I wonder if I can make it through. Maybe I will feel better after tomorrow when I can actually try to eat  

Does anyone regret doing this?  

hollykim
on 7/30/16 4:18 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 30, 2016 at 10:23 PM Pacific Time, MelodyG wrote:

I am sorry to sound like the Debbie Downer here but I can't seem to feel like I made a huge mistake.  I have not been happy since my surgery on July 22. A ton of different emotions.  Food has played such an important part of my life and now it is gone!  My surgeons schedule is;

1st week fluids only

2nd week - low fat cottage cheese, yogurt, unsweetened applesauce, oatmeal and loosely prepared mashed potatoes. (Working upto 2 tbsp)

3rd week - 1/2 scrambled egg, canned tuna/salmon only, 1/4-1/2 piece of toast or 1-2 small crackers. 

4th week - is when I get more of a variety.

I wonder if I can make it through. Maybe I will feel better after tomorrow when I can actually try to eat  

Does anyone regret doing this?  

no regrets. I would have surgery once a month if that is what it took to keep the weight off. 

The diet phases were worth it to be to be at this point

MonaLisaSmile
on 7/30/16 4:54 pm - Canada

No regrets.  Give it time...the first few months of healing and learning and emotions running high  are tough.  It gets better.

Concentrate on one day at a time

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

NYMom222
on 7/30/16 5:46 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

The beginning is rough , it will get better. Hang in there. 

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

seattledeb
on 7/30/16 5:53 pm

This early "diet" is for healing your surgery site/stomach. It's a medical diet that your doctor feels will help you heal the best You will work up to eating a regular RnY diet soon enough. What you are feeling is normal.

Leah P.
on 7/30/16 7:54 pm
with

I felt the same exact at, I even sunk into a depression a little over it. I am now 8 months out and would do it over again in a heartbeat. I have lost 87lbs and feel great. You will adapt to the changes and you won't be so restricted forever. I felt like I would never eat normal again... Truth is you will, just less. Hang in there, it gets way easier! 

RNY: 11/23/2015

HW:284  SW:280  

"I may not be there yet, but, I'm closer today than I was yesterday."

Robluvmeli1
on 7/30/16 10:10 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

Had mine on July 5th, 2016 and by week 2 i was feeling the same way! Im glad to tell you that when they say the first month is the hardest.....THEY ARE SO RIGHT!!but now im finally eating some foods that i used to enjoy and im not as nauseated as i was during week 2 and 3. So be patient and stick with your diet and you will see it will get better soon?

G2GAWAY
on 7/30/16 11:13 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

The only regret I have is that I didn't have the surgery years ago. The first 6 weeks are rough, but just take it slowly. Follow the doctor's instructions.  You will get through this. You can still go out and be at events with food. Your focus us just different now. Focus on enjoying the people and conversation. Food is just what you need to fuel your body now.  Your menu is very similar to what mine was. I stayed away from toast, but did have saltines. Shrimp, scallops, and fish were (still are) my go to foods.  I do have chicken and steak as well, but prefer seafood. Beef jerky helped me a lot in the early months, and I always keep a bag in my purse for quick protein. Good luck.  

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Ladytazz
on 7/30/16 11:52 pm

I had a lot of buyers remorse at a few weeks out.  I really thought I had ruined my life and would never be able to enjoy eating again.  Fortunately that didn't last.

It's really not uncommon to feel that way the first few weeks or so.  Your body has been through a major surgery and for some depression is common after anesthesia.

Stick around and let us know how you feel at one year post op.  I'll bet you will be among those who are very glad they did it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/31/16 2:40 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

It sucks for awhile, but ya gotta stick it out. If you had the pre op diet, & now you're at the beginning of the post op diet, you got like maybe 2 months of sucky dieting, & it is important, but it does get better.

No regrets, that phase was a blip on my radar screen, hopefully it'll be the same for you too.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 222 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views