What's on Your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 8/20/16 4:06 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey everyone! I hope you made it through last week... I barely had time to read through everyone's posts, so I feel totally out of the loop. 

This weekend my cousin and his kid are visiting from Oklahoma. Did I mention that his kid is a semi-famous mini-Elvis Impersonator? No really, he is! So tonight, Grim and my parents and I are heading down to Rhode Island to see a show of Elvis impersonators, which will include my cousin's kid. I do believe that I should have some awesome pics to share with you tomorrow ;)

QOTD: I played a rousing game of "Would You Rather" this week with teachers, and this one totally stumped me... What are your thoughts? Would you rather eat the same food at every meal for one year, or give up your smartphone for a month? I think I would have to eat the same meal. I am too addicted to my smartphone. But eating the same thing would be so hard. I'd be skinny, though, because by day 4 I wouldn't want to eat!

Today's menu is a little up in the air. I started AMAW-C early, which is going really well so far! I am going to a cookout this afternoon, so meaty-goodness there. But tonight's Elvis performance comes complete with a spaghetti dinner (BOOOO!), so I am praying there are meatballs, but I will come with a back-up protein bar, just in case.

Have a great day, everyone!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 8/20/16 5:54 am - Brighton, IL

I don't have a smartphone so today's question doesn't really apply to me,but if you were taking my tablet away I'd eat the same food for a year gladly. Went to the Illinois State Fair yesterday and it was an odd day and sort of sad. It was the first time hubby and I had been since we were up there with the boys and their 4-H projects. It really brought home to me that they are grown and gone and that part of life is over. It also showed me how much of the fun of the fair is the food,basically none of which I can eat anymore--fried twinkies,elephant ears,taffy and mini donuts to name a few of my favorites. And I have to admit I was a bit sad watching everyone else (including hubby) eating them. But on the good side,I was able to walk all over the fairgrounds with ease when before I relied on the tram, and not feel stares because of my size. In fact,several people ran right into me and nearly knocked me to the ground. That never happened when I weighed 273! Finally,hubby's knee started hurting and he said he needed a rest so we rode the tram. I know though I could have walked all day and been just fine so yes--it is all worth it! I ate absolutely nothing off plan and stuck to water and some ribeye from a ribeye wrap for dinner. So overall a victory. Lily and I got our 3 miles in this am even though we got a bit wet at the end. Post op almost 48 months and weight at 117 today. Here's the planned eats B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 1/2 c chicken salad 1/2 c caprese salad D 31/2 oz ribeye 1/2 c roasted cauliflower S mission one chocolate chip cookie protein bar.  Have a great day everyone and make some amazing choices! 

Daffodilgirl
on 8/20/16 3:17 pm

My son will show at the fair this year for FFA and last year I could barely walk the fair grounds. I can't wait to see how this year will be. Way to go sticking to plan! 

Deanna798
on 8/20/16 6:06 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning JB and the weekend gang.  I had an awesome night last night.  I went to a concert with my hubby and a few friends.  We saw the I Love the 90s Tour.  It was Salt N Pepa, Vanilla Ice, Coolio, Tone Loc and Rob Base.  Talk about a blast from the past!  It was at an outdoor venue and we had lawn tickets.  I stood all night, on a grassy incline.  We danced, I had a few drinks and it was awesome.  My hubby drove, of course, and we got stuck on the freeway for an hour because of an accident.  We didn't get home until 1am and my 2 year old was still awake!  Grandma doesn't have the skills needed to get the kid to bed at a decent hour.  I will be pushing early nap today, since that seems to be the problem with Kal's staying up late.

I'm going shopping today for some school stuff for my oldest.  He's a junior this year and I'm starting to feel old because he's getting so old.  I'll also be shopping for AMAW-C. When my hubby got home yesterday from traveling this past week, I told him that we're doing another AMAW and he says he's in.  He did say that he will be having 1 low carb tortilla a day, because he needs to have a sandwich for when he's working, That just encourages him to pack a lunch, but he'll cut the other crap right along with me.

Tomorrow I'm helping my brother and SIL move.  I'm not actually looking forward to it, but they're family and I love them.  

My food today is kinda up in the air.  I need to go shopping, so I'm not sure what we're having for lunch or dinner, but it will be meatcentric, whatever it is.  Breakfast is eggs and bacon, as usual.

JBQOTD:  Realistically, I would give up my smart phone for a month, but the technology addict screams in defiance of that choice.  I just asked my hubby and he said smartphone, hands down, but I think my phone addiction runs a little deeper than his.  I'm so torn.

Here's a few pics from last night.  My hubby made it a point to flip the bird in every single pic.  It became a game and he was photo bombing the people around us with the bird.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/16 6:44 am

Looks like you had a lot of fun. 

Nicole K.
on 8/20/16 7:27 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

Ha! Love the pics!! This tour comes to Reno in September and I was HIGHLY considering buying tickets. Was it so fun?

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

Deanna798
on 8/20/16 4:11 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

It was a blast.  i was a teenager when this music was popular, so it was really nostalgic for me. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/16 6:31 am

That is awesome about your cousins coming to visit. Totally eat before you go and have that protein bar in your purse. I am sure the spaghetti dinner wouldn't be worth it.

I have to say I would rather give up my smart phone. Sometimes when I eat the same thing over and over I feel like I could vomit on it. Just looking at it makes me sick. 

I have gained 4 pounds this week. I know it has been from eating crap. Curing the crazy in my head. I am five months sober tomorrow. So I am happy about that. Not that I have used food to medicate myself. I guess admitting it is half the battle.

No more excuses why I am eating junk. I am done. One meal at a time. 

B:Protein bar and protein shake. Not doing a so called pouch test. Just too lazy to make something. More coffee on the way

L:Burger no bun

D:Salmon

S:Cheese or a hard boiled egg

Enjoy the day. I am going to get my closet under control. It seems when I have something bothering me I will be very messy. Leaving clothes on the floor.

One good thing that happened to me this week was I got a job. 

Queen JB
on 8/20/16 6:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Congrats on the new job and on the 5 months sobriety. You are truly awesome.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Kakesie
on 8/20/16 6:40 am
RNY on 02/19/16

CONGRATULATIONS on your 5 months sober, Susan and your new job!  Awesome!!!  Way to go!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 495 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 352 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 398 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 105 views
Recent Topics