Nausea

Tdalgliesh
on 8/23/16 12:02 am
RNY on 04/19/16

Ok. This is my first time on here and I am trying to find out what anyone knows about this constant nausea I have. The doctors have run quite a few tests and don't have answers for me. 

I have nausea just from drinking plain water, as well as, every single thing I put in my mouth. I literally can't get enough calories in per day or protein. I've been dehydrated all the time. Absolutely everything makes me sick to my stomach.  I'm at the point that I wish I had never had this surgery.

The doc had me on the patches, another pill for nausea and a dissolvable pill. I also was placed on one for acid reflux. I had my surgery in April of 2016. The first month was fine. I wasn't sick at all. Then around a month after surgery, I started getting nauseous...from everything. It is constant and 24/7. No matter what I try, nothing has worked. I'm miserable...I don't miss any of the food I'm not supposed to have...which is very good. But I need to be able to eat something. I hate all meat since this surgery except chicken and ham. I tried drinking the protein shakes again. Can't even swallow it. 

I need someone who has had this problem to help me. I have lost 73 lbs but I hate every minute of the day because I can't seem to eat anything. I wish I had never had this surgery done...

RNY_elizabeth
on 8/23/16 8:17 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I had a good deal of nausea the first six months.  I felt like everything I even thought about eating was suspect. If I put that in my mouth is it going to go 'ok' or be awful.  It was rough.  I felt like I was still hanging out with an Ex lover who cheated on me everyday just looking at them thinking "Do I talk to you or kick you?"  Food was a betrayer. Why had it abandoned me after all those years?

I can say that at around 7 months that started to improve and there slowly were more things that I knew I could eat with only a rare bout of nausea or bathroom issues. It does get better.

Considering your whole post let me just offer this.  Food was a primary source of enjoyment and pleasure for me prior to my surgery.  It had been my whole life.  Figuring out that it was not actually supposed to be fun but instead fuel has been a really hard thing. I am getting better at it but it is a tough journey. Perhaps getting some professional counseling around that issue might be useful for you. Hopefully you can get to a place where even though your relationship with food might be miserable, you won't be. You can find other sources of joy and satisfaction that you hadn't had prior to surgery.

Best wishes,

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 242 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics