Consult today with surgery date

Peanut15
on 8/25/16 12:58 pm

After a lot of research I chose a doctor to go to a consult with. My research paid off. I was very comfortable and scheduled surgery for 11/21.  I don't plan on denying that I had surgery but I also don't plan on telling many people before hand. 

Ju-Cee
on 8/25/16 8:14 pm

Congrats. .. I am the same way it is not any ones business that we had surgery. I worked with a girl who had RNY and she told everyone.. I mean everyone. . I pulled her aside and wanted to know why she needed the world to know. We would have never known she had surgery. For me I could care less what people think but it is just something I chose not to tell. My date is August 31.. Im ready for this change

Peanut15
on 8/25/16 8:58 pm

I am sure people will assume because weight loss is so significant but I don't see anyone coming right out and saying. Did you have bypass?

I explained to my children tonight. I will tell my in-laws soon. I am usually a nervous person but today I feel at peace with my decision.

pr31
on 8/26/16 4:38 am

You would be surprised what people will ask you!  Some folks have no idea what is appropriate or inappropriate to ask.  It's up to you how you respond.  When someone asks me how I'm loosing I usually tell them by eating less and exercising more which is the truth.  I just leave out the part about a surgical tool to help me with the eating less part.  I've lost and gained so much through my life that most people who have known me for any length of time have seen me at weights varying from 125 to 300+ and everything in between so that answer usually satisfies them.

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

Ju-Cee
on 8/26/16 8:18 am

That's what I plan on telling anyone that is bold enough to ask... Exercise and eating healty. I just don't see that is anything I have to discuss and if I want to I will. You are so right people have no filter these days.. And whose to say you were not on meds that made you gain weight and now you are off of that med... You just wanted to get healthy.. So many reason why you lose weight.. And none are anyones business. If people want to tell go for it..but you will be surprised how many people may ask and assume. I am prepared for whatever people may ask.. At the end of the day it's my decision my body... 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 495 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 352 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 398 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 105 views
Recent Topics