What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 8/27/16 3:34 am, edited 8/27/16 4:01 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Weekend Menu Peeps! 

I have to head into work, soon :(. As most of you know at this point, I help run "re-start" inner city charter schools. This year we have a brand new school! It's in a somewhat run-down building and part of my job it to make it look "transformed" before Day 1. Did I mention that Day 1 is on Monday?!?!? Yeah, we aren't ready... So a small but mighty team of us are going in today and we need to finish everything. There is a ton of running around to do in this huge unairconditioned building, so I am going to get a whole lot of steps and should keep dropping water weight.

Speaking of dropping weight...how did my AMAW friends, do? I am down to...wait for it...111 pounds, this morning! I was happy at 114/115 and really wasn't trying to lose on AMAW--I just wanted to kick the carb cravings. But 111 feels awfully nice! It's my new lowest low :)

QOTD: Lemmie hear your first day of school memories (for you or your kids)! I can't think of anything too specific for myself, but yesterday while we were at the new school this girl came in with her grandmother to get some paperwork signed. She was SO SCARED! She sat in the office, refusing to make eye-contact, hugging a purple bear. So cute, but she is going into 6th grade, not kindergarten, so there was a whole extra dose of adorable-awkwardness happening there. I really hope she has a good day on Monday, cuz she is not feelin' it, yet!!!

5am: Decaf coffee and Skim

6am: HB egg and Babybel cheese

9am: Jack Links Teriyaki Tender Beef Bites

12pm: pizza toppings (no crust!)

3pm: Cello Whisps (Parmesan cheese crisps)

6pm: shrimp and ****tail sauce

8pm: Light & Fit Strawberry Cheesecake Greek Yogurt 

Totals

Calories: 676 / Protein: 81 / Carb: 26

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 8/27/16 5:51 am - Brighton, IL

Congrats on the new lowest low JB! Gloomy looking day here in Illinois but Lily and I got our 3 plus miles in without getting wet at least. I had a woman I was a room mom with when my oldest was in elementary school ask me if I was Rudy's mom today. I've been walking at the park with her for years but only on Saturdays and Sundays. She finally got brave enough to ask me if I had lost a bunch of weight and how. It turns out she works in a doctors office and she wants to use me as a resource person for patients considering weight loss surgery. I told her I'd be happy to. There are so many people who hear bad stories and that's why I've always been totally honest about having surgery. I do want to teach and show people that WLS is lifesaving and not everyone gains their weight back.  It's not the easy way out but it's a great tool when used to get healthy and nothing to be ashamed of. Getting off the soapbox Now! Post op 4 years Monday and weight at 118 today. Here's the eats B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 3 oz deli meat and pumpkin pie Greek yogurt D 1/2 c pulled pork 1/2 c spinach and cheese quinoa S mission one chocolate brownie protein bar.  Have a great day everyone and make some amazing choices! 

monkam
on 8/27/16 11:21 am
RNY on 02/16/15

Neat news! You will be the best resource they ever had for WLS candidates!! You are an inspiration to all! -Monica. 

Kakesie
on 8/27/16 6:09 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Everyone!

That's awesome what you do, JB!  Also awesome on the 111 lbs!  I lost 4 lbs. on AMAW-C!

QOTD:  When Saralisa started kindergarten I would go inside with her to her locker and say Goodbye there.  Finally after several days one of the teachers pointed out to me that I was the only parent that did that.  That the other parents just dropped their kids off at the door.  I was so embarrassed at my over-protectiveness.  

Your story about the 6th grader with the purple bear reminds me of my niece's first day of school.  My brother & his wife "home schooled" their kids (not very well) and the state intervened and put the kids in school.  Three of them were younger, but Amy was old enough to be put into 6th grade so she was put right into Middle School having never, ever been in a school before in her life!  I am SO proud of her because she managed and even excelled in Middle School!  But I'm sure she was terrified that first day!  

What I ate yesterday (which was still AMAW-C) was:  2 h.b. eggs w/ light mayo & cheese, hamburger patty w/ swiss cheese, moon cheese, pizza toppings (meat & cheese, no crust), 2 string cheese sticks and a Oiko's Zero greek yogurt.

Exercise:  We walked the dogs all the way around the subdivision.

Have a fantastic Saturday and weekend everyone!

The Salty Hag
on 8/27/16 8:04 am
RNY on 05/20/13

A www, that's sweet!!! I love that you walked her in. With my oldest, I did that, and so did most of the other parents. It was great. We could also go wait in the hallways for when they were dismissed. We all go to know each other that way.

I'd have done the same with my younger 3 kids if I could have, but we had moved from Texas to South Carolina, and rules were different. Kids had to be dropped off in the front of the school. (  That was so weird to me! ) The elementary school my younger 3 kids attended even went so far as to block off the parking lot so parents couldn't walk park in it to their kids in. ( the school was on a 2 lane road with no sidewalks or curbs so no parking on the street was possible ) How stupid is that? Not even pre-K parents could walk their kids in on the first day. To me, that's heartless, but that was the school in a nutshell. Not every school in the county was the same either, it was just this particular school. ( I could rant all day about that....haha. I hated that school for so many reasons. ) 

My daughter was about 5 minutes late her first day of kindergarten on purpose so I could walk her in.  

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

NYMom222
on 8/27/16 6:09 am
RNY on 07/23/14

JB that's great....we all love a new low...

still at convention... So food is hard.... Too many bars/shakes that I'm trying to get away from. 

B: 2 hard boiled eggs, tomato/lox/cream cheese/red onion  'sandwich 

otherwise today is a guesstimation....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

CathyV
on 8/27/16 6:10 am

I remember the first day of 7th grade very well. That was my first year of junior high...locker rooms and changing classes and all of that. I felt extremely mature and very excited, lol. I had bright yellow pants and a tank top with bright geometric shapes on it, and big aqua net hair. Hello, 1986 called and it wants its ozone back..

JB, your job sounds awesome, what an amazing way to spend your days, making sub a difference.

Two days until surgery! TWO DAYS!! I'm getting nervous, I'll admit. Not for the surgery itself. No, it's more of a "dying and leaving my poor husband to raise a motherless flock of children" thing. Oh, I know, that's a very remote thing. But it's still what's batting around my brain. I'll be ok. I just don't indulge those thoughts and think about the good stuff.

Breakfast- chocolate shake, coffee with sploosh of whole milk (do you know I have weaned down from coffee-all-day to one mug for this surgery? That was pretty huge.)

Lunch- my last strawberry Greek yogurt

Snack- Caramel latte shake, broth

Dinner- My last frozen meal, lean cuisine meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and the last of the container of green salad I've been eating all week. Yes, I planned everything to run out just right on my last day...I might be a little OCD. :)

snack- SF Popsicles (not the last of them. I'll need some tomorrow when I'm on clear liquids!)

Cal- 949, carb- 96, F- 17, P- 109

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

karenp8
on 8/27/16 6:20 am - Brighton, IL

Surgery of any kind is scary,but you will be just fine. And once it's over and done with you will be able to be so much more active with your kids. I wish I'd had my surgery when mine were younger so I could have been a better example to them. Both have weight problems too but the youngest graduated and got an active job and has lost about 55 pounds on his own. He calls me when grocery shopping to ask nutrition questions now and eats really healthy now too. The oldest not so Much! Hopefully one of these days he'll change his ways before he ends up diabetic. I'll be praying for you Monday for sure.

Emiepie
on 8/27/16 8:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You'll do great!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

monkam
on 8/27/16 11:33 am
RNY on 02/16/15

You will do great - you are off to awesome start by being here before surgery. We will be thinking of you and praying on Monday. Check in when you're able. And remember that your Job is to sip sip sip water. And walk walk walk as much as hospital allows. Concentrate on those two things and you will recover faster.  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 416 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 55 views
Recent Topics