What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 8/28/16 4:01 am
RNY on 07/20/15

We did so well putting the last minute touches on the school, yesterday! I came home literally covered in paint and sore from moving furniture, but I think it looks great in there. I am pretty excited to see how the students react on Monday. The building is literally transformed from how it looked 3 months ago--even the custodians barely recognize it. It's pretty remarkable, and I am proud of what we accomplished :) 

Today should be fun! Last year at Christmastime I bought a set of tickets to go on a ride on the Tall Ships this summer! So later today, Grim, my parents and I are heading into the Boston waterfront and we'll take our tour. I think it's going to be really fun.

Ok, yesterday I promised Glitter Girly a pic of me with my Holly Hobby lunchbox. I can't find the one I was thinking of (where I am holding it up) but it's definitely in this pic (very blurry but do you see the blue and white checks?)! And speaking of this pic... QOTD: Do you know how to sew? My mom (or one of her friends) handmade this dress for me, and I had lots of cute 70s dresses that she made. The skill clearly skipped a generation because I can't even thread a needle or sew a straight line. I wish I could! I'd love to be creative, like that!

B: Fit Frappe Mocha Protein Shake (hot with decaf)

S: HB Egg and Babybel Cheese

L: Cheeseburger

S: Cello Whisps and Jack Links Teriyaki Tender Beef Bites

D: uh...? No plan, yet!

Have a great day, everyone!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Kakesie
on 8/28/16 4:36 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Congratulations and way to go on all your hard work on the school, JB!

Have a great time on your boat ride today!

OMG, that picture of you is SO ADORABLE!!!  You were cute as a button and still are!  That dress is very pretty, too.  

Grim_Traveller
on 8/28/16 4:45 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Awwwwwww

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Kakesie
on 8/28/16 5:00 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi my dear friends!

As many of you know, today I am driving to Denver to meet a guy I've been talking to online for many months now.  We are going out to dinner tonight and then going to the Denver zoo tomorrow!  This will be the first "date" I've gone on in sixteen years!  I'm excited and a little nervous.  I don't know if I want to get involved in a relation****  I'm very happy being single, but it's kind of fun to have a date again.  I will let you all know how it went on Tuesday.  

I had an interesting realization.  I put on all my weight after a relationship ended in 2000.  I think I subconsciously put on the weight to keep men away because I was tired of getting hurt.  Also in that relationship my daughter got attached and also got hurt when it ended!  It was harder to see HER get hurt than it was to be hurt myself!  (She was only 6 years old then).  So I decided to give up men and just focus on raising her.

QOTD:  I can sew a little, but I can't do things like zippers and buttonholes.  I can mend things with a needle and thread and sew straight lines on the sewing machine, but that's about it.  I wish I was good at sewing because I think I would love it! 

What I ate yesterday: a Clif protein bar, rib-eye steak, sugar-free pudding, moon cheese, lettuce salad w/ bacon & cheese, hamburger patty w/ swiss cheese, moon cheese, sugar-free pudding.

Have a wonderful day!

~ Karen   

Ereiam
on 8/28/16 6:49 am
RNY on 05/16/16

I'm super excited to hear about your date on Tuesday, Karen! Woo hoo! I can relate to putting on weight to keep men away. Before I got married I dated a lot of ***holes and was hurt a lot. That's when I started gaining weight. I met my husband when I was about 200 pounds and 20 years later am still very happy. 

Wave at me as you drive past Fort Morgan!

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

Kakesie
on 8/28/16 6:55 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi Amy!  

I will definitely be thinking about you and waving as I pass through Fort Morgan!  I thought about stopping to see you, but I'm afraid I will be pressed for time and will need to just keep on driving.  I'm already running kind of late this morning.  Thanks for your well wishes!  

Hugs!

Karen  

Queen JB
on 8/28/16 6:58 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Eeeeee!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 8/28/16 8:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

So happy for you!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daffodilgirl
on 8/28/16 11:27 am

Karen I hope you guys have so much fun. Don't even think about getting into a "relationship" right now. Have fun and date! 

NYMom222
on 8/28/16 5:05 am
RNY on 07/23/14

OK that Picture is so adorable. You were adorable then and you are adorable now.

Congrats on the hard work on the school. Sounds fun and fabulous. 

I overdid it a little at the convention going from five weeks of being on the couch to walking around a lot so my legs swelled last night so right now I'm elevating them as long as I can before our trip home. But again it was so great to not be in the four walls in my living room. Just what the doctor ordered.

A little scared to get on the scale tomorrow as we ate at some fabulous restaurants when we were here. 

I needed potassium for the swelling so at first my girlfriend found me some kind of strawberry banana drink which while no added sugar had quite a bit of sugar, I drink a little bit of that. And then she was able to find me some V-8 juice which is high in potassium and at least low sugar. 

B: 4oz strawberry banana drink, 2 hard boiled eggs, 12oz V-8

Road trip: Premier protein, Kays cereal, protein bar

S: cottage cheese

D: hamburger 

S: yogurt with added protein 

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 247 views