Getting Ready...

CJ On Orcas
on 8/29/16 5:19 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

And I am on a buying/preparing binge.  I bought the Unjury protein powders.  I bought the Premier Protein shakes, all flavors.  I have Orgain after reading advice on not using the same type of protein shake all the time.  After searching this site for info on vitamins I bought the Opurity chewable vitamins.  After watching a YouTube vlog of one woman's WLS journey I bought three cases of Pure Protein Banana Cream shakes.  I have frozen ice cube trays of refried beans, roast beef hash, and turkey chili, all pureed to within an inch of their life.  I tried out a chicken soup puree recipe I found and have several dozen four ounce frozen containers.

I think I may be ready.   I know I am broke.

Karen9849
on 8/29/16 6:13 pm

You sure sound ready to me.  I am also in prep mode, I feel like a pregnant  woman nesting. Lol. I wish you a quick and speedy recovery.  See you on the other side.

Patty R.
on 8/29/16 6:23 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Wow, you go girl!! 

I poached some chicken, have the broth and the meat ready in the freezer. I did my stock up surgery shopping last week. I cook a big meal for my family every nite, so I'm hoping to cook meals with my protein and texture needs in mind.

selhard
on 8/30/16 2:09 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Chili was my first "real meal" post-op but I wasn't instructed to puree a thing.  (I was instructed to chew each bite thoroughly with fear as my motivator to do so).  Banana cream does sound like the perfect flavor shake.  Good choice with protein powder and vitamin picks, too.  Your preparation shows determination to succeed. GO CJONORCAS.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 180 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 396 views
Recent Topics