13-years since Gastric Bypass Surgery

MyBariatricLife
on 8/29/16 6:13 pm

Thirteen years ago, bariatric angel Kristin S. waited with me in the hospital room the day of my bariatric surgery: August 27, 2003. Kristin stayed with me up until the last moment when the nurses brought the gurney to deliver me into my new life. Today I celebrate 13-years of defeating obesity and it's related diseases of diabetes and hypertension and asthma and GERD. 

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. To all those who have helped me along the way, to those I help along their way, to my family and to G-d for always loving me, and to my self for doing this! I am grateful for my health and my life. 

Full disclosure: I had plastic surgery after weight loss in 2013. The gastric bypass weight loss undoubtedly saved my life, but the aesthetic results you see in the "after" photos are not typical of bariatric surgery alone.

Cheryl Ann's photo.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

conazza
on 8/29/16 7:31 pm
RNY on 09/23/16

Congratulations! Great job and very inspiring to this pre-op!

Lap band: 2006. Revision to RNY 9/23/2016

8/2/17: Goal Reached: 135lbs. & 115lbs lost (5'3")

Pre-op: 250, SW 242, CW 125, GW 135

Pre-op: 9lb M1: 20lb M2: 11.5lb M3: 11.9 M4: 13.4 M5: 10.8 M6: 10.2 M7: 8.1 M8: 8.4 M9: 6.5 M10: 5.7 M11: 3.5 M12: 4.3

MyBariatricLife
on 8/29/16 8:33 pm

Thanks so very much and congratulations on your decision to have the gastric bypass! 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

lizz122964
on 8/29/16 9:16 pm

Congratulations, you look wonderful. I'm just 3 months out and I'm already starting to feel better. WLS is such a great tool. 

MyBariatricLife
on 8/31/16 3:58 pm

Thank you and congratulations on the first three months of your healthier life! The surgery truly is a gamer changer. Best wishes for you on your journey!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Peanut15
on 8/29/16 9:55 pm

Congrats! 

I sm still pre op so it is great to see stories like yours. 

MyBariatricLife
on 8/31/16 4:02 pm

Thank you. I actually began here on ObesityHelp just a few months out from my surgery some 13 years ago... it is kind of hard to get my head around that... looking back the time passes quickly.

You'll be on the other side soon enough. And one day you will look back at a decision you made 13 years ago that probably saved your life. Good luck with your journey!!! 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

missmishelley
on 8/31/16 5:03 pm

Wow..that is awesome! You look great! I am new to this..I can't decide if I want sleeve or rny. With rny did you feel any different in your intestines? Did u have any problems with blockage? 

MyBariatricLife
on 10/8/16 9:16 pm

Sorry for the late reply love but I just now saw your message. ObesityHelp site while wonderful resource has some technical difficulties :-) 

Undoubtedly I would seriously consider the sleeve nowadays but it was not available in 2003. I have been having AWFUL nutrient deficiencies and horrible gastrointestinal distress for nearly two years now. I finally have found a highly skilled nutritionist who is helping me and it is costing a boat load of money... but I have to get my health back. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views