Whats on your Menu Today (Wednesday) RNYers/VSGers

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 5:26 am, edited 9/21/16 5:30 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi Menu friends! Happy Hump Day!

Hubby's baseball team won!! His team name is the Bambino's and they play next Tuesday in the "Finals" against a team called the "Purple People Eaters".  He is so excited it's like having a 3 year old at Christmas.  Hubby takes his baseball very serious LOL

QOTD: What is the one thing you want to tell all the Newbies that you learned that is working for you?  I want to tell Newbies to come to OH often, read as much as you can, listen to the Vets!!! When the Vets tell you something or give you advice its because we care and want to see you successful. What works for me: high protein, low carb, calories under 900 to maintain at 3 years out at 125 lbs.

Time since surgery 2 years & just shy of 11 months

B: can of solid white tuna with Kraft Balsamic dressing

L: homemade stir fry chicken with a bit of mixed bell peppers

S: two "Swiss" babybel cheese

D: Turkey burger with cranberry goat cheese melted over

S: L&F Pumpkin Pie Yogurt and 1/2 Chocolate Mint Power crunch bar 

Totals: 831 calories,  119 protein, 19 carbs, 33 fat

Vitamin Patches are on, liquids are good, going for a run tonight then hike the dogs!  Here is pic of me & the dogs last night on our hike!

Have an awesome day my friends!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

chassibi
on 9/21/16 5:35 am

Good morning Daisy! Do you all have a bunch of land, or live near a park? It looks beautiful!

QOTD: I think to check in here daily. It's part of my day now and I refer to it often when I'm talking to people about weight loss. I cannot imagine the wrong direction my NUT would have steered me if I had chosen them for support as opposed to this group!

B- irish tea w/SF creamer, 3 oz deli ham & mustard

L- 1/2 qdoba bowl with chicken, salsa, guac, shred cheese, cilantro

D- innards of 2 chicken soft tacos from Taco Bell

S- 1/2 qdoba bowl (as above)

Totals- Cals are 742, protein- 81, carbs- 17, fat-44

Have a great day ya'll.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 5:52 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I wish we had land, in fact we have a tiny backyard hence why I take the dogs elsewhere to hike.  This is across the street from my house there is this huge piece of land, it has 15 soccer fields, 2 turf soccer fields, 2 cricket fields and a huge walking/hiking trail that goes all around the outer edge.  That's where I take the dogs, they love it and no one goes in the back wooded parts than other dogs owners where I take mine.

I totally 1000% agree with you that if I had listened to my NUT I would not be at goal right now. She is a lovely person, but has no clue how to advise a post WLS patient.  Glad you are party of our menu family!  

Good looking menu!  I love all things Mexican flavoured!!

By the way meant to ask you how is Jeff doing?  Hope he is fully healed and back to being an active teenager!

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

chassibi
on 9/21/16 6:07 am

Jeff's doing great! He was released to start playing tennis again on Monday, so he will do his first and only match Thursday.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Teena D.
on 9/21/16 8:03 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

And since I'm going through the same hospital as you, I am taking this to heart - believe me!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

stacyrg
on 9/21/16 11:23 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I feel very lucky that I have a surgeon and a NUT *****ally understand the best diet for WLS patients in general, and will work with you if you have special situation (Like fueling long runs, etc.)  Prior to my conversion to RNY my surgeon had me go through the pre and post op nutrition classes which were taught by just a hospital NUT (his staff NUT was on maternity leave).  I was appalled at the advice she was giving the other post ops in the class..  I told my surgeon about it and said he should really talk to her.  She would say things like "I know the surgeons believe XXX, but I believe in a more balanced approach, so you should have YYY."  I wanted to scream. 

melissasue1982
on 9/21/16 5:39 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Good Morning!!  Congrats to your Hubby and his team!!!  I LOVE to play baseball/softball, but am not much for watching major league baseball.  I would rather see a hometown team etc :)

I am still fighting this damn cold and haven't had much energy. 

QOTD: I think checking in with OH often is key!  Our little support group (family really!!) is amazing, and I don't know what I would do without you all!!

That being said, I have might be having a little in office procedure type thing today if they can squeeze me in.  I won't know until they call me around 9.  So my menu is a little up in the air. 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 5:55 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thanks Melissa.  Didn't know you played baseball/softball too!  Awesome. What position?  I love going to games b/c I love to people watch! 

Oh man you got that Fall cold going around?  That sucks!  I swear by "Tylenol Cold & Flu" the one that has a sleeve of Daytime pills and Nighttime Pills.  It makes the cold manageable, hope you feel better soon!

I am so glad you are part of our OH menu family, the support is very much a key to (my) success!

Good luck on your little procedure, hope all goes well.

melissasue1982
on 9/21/16 6:32 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I played softball all through school.  I don't play on any teams now, just way to busy with the kids etc

Yeah I have a stupid cold.  The 3 year old had a horrible stomach bug.  I really hope neither of these spread to anyone else in the house!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

danie11e
on 9/21/16 6:39 am

Oh no! The stomach bug has been going around in MI too! Hope every is feeling better soon and no one else gets it!

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 284 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?