Gym exercise ok'd!

MTS31801
on 9/28/16 12:41 pm

Well yesterday I went to my first weight loss meeting!  Before I entered the meeting I was weighted and I had loss seven pounds since the week prior. Yay! I was really surprised at the loss. Since I have been having severe sugar cravings.

I basically stayed quiet during the meeting and gave very few responses to there inquires. Just wanted to soak up what the meetings would be about.

It seemed strange to me that it was a weight loss meeting but all they talked about was food nd recipes. I need to know how to keep food off my mind. I am very picky about what I eat. The recipes were all low calorie but looking at the ingredients list on these recipes I was not impressed nor did I want to try any of them.

I would of much preferred the meeting be about how people combated there cravings and what motivated them to exercise. I am hoping that the next meeting is better.

Also I received a call this morning from the weight loss center that my doctor ok'd me for the gym exercise program. This is a plus. So I will call the gym tomorrow and find out when I should attend.

One step at a time, one day at a time!

pammieanne
on 9/28/16 2:00 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

It's hard to swallow, but food is part of our lives. We really can't get around that one, because we need it to survive.

What I'm learning here (because I'm a newbie still), is that food WILL be on your mind... forever. The key is to make it a way to keep control. You will/should weigh/measure your foods forever. You should/will make a menu every.single.freaking.day. Because, this way, YOU are in control, not the food.

Maybe once your have surgery, your taste buds will change, and you can learn to enjoy some of the foods you don't like now. Don't mentally throw away a good healthy recipe because, in the past, you didn't like it. Set yourself up for success, and try new things that are GOOD for you.

Check out the recipe board here, and open your mind to new adventures. You've already done that with signing up for surgery, now do it to sign yourself up for success long-term!

And you can't exercise away the food... diet is the key to weight loss... although, hey, exercise is great for your body in many other ways! So congratulations on that part and have fun!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Lovely_Caprice
on 9/28/16 2:40 pm

Your success with all depend on good choices.  In order to be successful you will need to totally change your habits or WLS will not work.  I'm new in the process and let me tell you this is not easy but with the right frame of mind, this gives us a second change to a quality of life.

Yes developing new recipes, be totally compliant to calories will be important - if not you will be in deep trouble with major issues.  Don't want to be hard on you - I am following the great advices of the vets.

Yes exercise is important but I hate to disappoint you, that pounds just don't melt away by exercising.  I wish you the best of luck.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 268 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics