Motivation!

MTS31801
on 9/29/16 7:12 pm

I live on the east coast and the weather right now is rain, rain, rain, and more rain. We got 4 inches of rain just from last nights storms. My yard is a lake! Sitting here watching TV. Watching the show "my 600 lb. Life"! Watching this show really makes me realize that I need to loose this  who have been weight. This show is a motivation kicker! I see these people who are  so large that they actually can't move. One lady on the show has giant fatty tumor which had to be removed in order for her just to be able to walk, They removed 57 pounds of fatty flesh from her. The whole time the doctor is telling these people "you have walk" "you have to move"!

This is one of the reasons I want this surgery! I want to be able to go for walks and ride bikes. One of my goals is to be able to go horse back riding! I love horses as a young teen and I have never lost that love. It's scary how you can get trapped in your own body. I defiantly don't want this to happen to me.

JaxLiving
on 9/29/16 8:00 pm - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

You can do this! I think I understand that you are trying to get some weight off to get approved for surgery. Just do a little extra movement/exercise each day. Along with a good eating plan, you will lose the weight quickly, and be on your way to your new life post-surgery! Park in the back of the parking lot at work or at the grocery store so you'll walk more at each place, choose the stairs instead of the elevator -- even if you have to walk slowly, do exercises at your desk at work....You got this, girl!!!

SW:223, CW: 134.2; GW: 125, RNY: 5/27/16

NYMom222
on 9/30/16 6:00 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I was watching it last night as well...so I know the episodes you are talking about. That woman with the large fatty tumor was rough. I did feel sorry for her.

Funny though when they voice over some dialog from the people about their journey and their mindsets- not the actual conversation- I can relate to so much of what they were saying. Everything starts in our mind- our decisions to do what we do. When I went to the Bariatric Doc I was close to 400lbs, at one point in my life I had been over 400...why not 600? I was no different than they were in many ways....

SO I too try to use those shows as motivation....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 518 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views