What's on your Menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 10/19/16 4:23 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good Morning Menu family.  How are you all? All is good here, supposed to be 65 and sunny here and I like that!  Think I will go for a walk at lunch today.  Anyone got a lot of tree's on their property and you have to rake leaves?  We have one tree, it's not very big as we live in a fairly new subdivision so  I might have a dozen or so yellow leaves on the front lawn that are getting blown away with the wind so I am lucky, no raking of leaves here and that's good because I hate raking leaves!  Oh and our Jay's WON last night!! YAHOO!  Indians are a damn good team but I have to support my team so GO JAYS GO!

QOTD: Does your significant other (spouse, partner, boyfriend/girlfriend) support you in your weight loss and all things that go hand in hand with having WLS and living the post WLS life?  I feel blessed, I have an AMAZING husband, he has been 100% supportive from day one when I said I wanted to have WLS. He has held my hand the whole way and is my biggest cheerleader/supporter.  The only thing that is that he doesn't really "get it," not like the way you all "get it."  Sure he knows my rules, protein forward, low carb, wait 30 minutes after drinking, take vitamins daily but there are some things that no matter how supportive he is he still did not have the surgery and so it's hard for him to get what I mean sometimes.  And don't even get me started on my extended family (Mom & Dad, Sister etc) they certainly DO NOT GET IT, they keep asking me "when are you going to start eating normal again" I pretty much say to them "same answer as I gave you last time you asked (which is "this is my new normal") and if you keep asking the same question expecting a different answer then you are going to be sadly disappointed."

Time since surgery: 2 years & 11 months

B: one packet of instant plain oatmeal with one scoop of unflavoured protein powder and Splenda brown sugar

S: one babybel cheese

L: 3.5 oz of tandoori grilled chicken with hot sauce

S: one babybel cheese

D: 4 oz of baked chicken breast with A1 sauce and a tiny bit of broccoli

S: 2 eggs made into egg salad with a bit of mayo just eaten with a spoon

Totals: 808 calories, 98 protein, 40 carbs,  30 fat

PatchMD vitamins patches are on (Multi, Iron, B12, VitD/Calcium)

Liquids: 3 coffee's done, lots of ice water with SF cranberry juice mixed in throughout the day

Exercise: hike the dogs after work today, supposed to be a beautiful day

Have a wicked awesome day!  Don't forget "before & after" for photo Friday and next week Oct 28th is Photo Friday for all things Halloween!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

ttfan
on 10/19/16 4:34 am
RNY on 08/15/16

OMG Look how early I am here today!!   Daisydoo, your extended family sounds like mine!  LOL  No concept!  My husband has been so good! He is with me all the way, there are some things he doesn't understand, but you wouldn't unless you have surgery. If he wants snacks he brings then into "his" room and I never see them.  He is very supportive, he goes to my group meetings and is just there for me.

Breakfast
93% Lean Hamburg Patty, 3 oz
Ketchup ( Low Sugar), 1 tbsp;
Lunch
Low Sodium Ham (Deli), 2 oz.
American Cheese, 1 Slice
Dinner
Hamburg, 2 oz
Steamed Cauliflower, 0.4 cup
Cambell's Healthy Request - Tomato Soup, 0.25 cup
Snacks
Whey Protein Powder Vanilla, 1 scoop
Lite and Fit Greek Yogurt, 1 container

Totals cal 599 carbs 24 pro.80

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Insert Fitness
on 10/19/16 4:51 am

Morning everyone!

qotd: my husband is great. He doesn't totally get it, but he is beyond supportive. My whole family is actually. I can see one of my sister in laws getting awkward when we eat together and she sees how small my portions are. She keeps talking about how she's eating too much. (She's a normal healthy weight) . I'm like dude, my stomach is the size of an egg. This is how I have to eat.

And the Jays live another day!

Menu: 

B : yogurt with raspberries 

L:egg salad I think

D: tbd I need to get to the grocery store..

S:cheese or protein shake as needed

calories under 500, protein 60

Queen JB
on 10/19/16 4:53 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi Friends! Sitting on the train after an eventful morning... John drove me to the train and someone rear ended him hard at a stop sign. So needless to say I'm off to a late start. But we're all ok (including his truck) and I have a good excuse to be late to the all staff meeting, so I consider it a win.

Your question is obviously funny for us, considering we met on this forum! I'm grateful every day that I'm with someone who gets the struggle and supports me. How lucky am I?

B: coffee; Apple and cheese cubes

L: Spinach Salad; Wasa crackers, laughing cow wedge and deli chicken

S: Chobani flips salted caramel

D: no clue.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 10/19/16 5:03 am - Brighton, IL

Yes you and John definitely are both lucky. There are so many of the mental things that a person who hasn't had surgery just can't quite get,no matter how hard they try. I'm thankful you two and the truck are all okay. People are so distracted any more when they drive. What is up with that?

catwoman7
on 10/19/16 5:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oh no!   I am so sorry to hear about the accident!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Deanna798
on 10/19/16 5:17 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I got rear-ended on the way to work this past Sunday, though it was just a bump that caused no damage to either car.  It's still very flustering when it happens, and I felt like I was off kilter all day afterwards.  I'm so glad that you and John and okay and that his truck is okay as well.  

Also, I have to comment on the fact that you two met here on the internet.  I kinda get it, since I met my hubby in an online community.  It was in a MMORPG, way back in 2005, and while it wasn't a support setting, it kinda had the same social dynamic as a message board does.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

ttfan
on 10/19/16 8:35 am
RNY on 08/15/16
On October 19, 2016 at 12:17 PM Pacific Time, Deanna798 wrote:

I got rear-ended on the way to work this past Sunday, though it was just a bump that caused no damage to either car.  It's still very flustering when it happens, and I felt like I was off kilter all day afterwards.  I'm so glad that you and John and okay and that his truck is okay as well.  

Also, I have to comment on the fact that you two met here on the internet.  I kinda get it, since I met my hubby in an online community.  It was in a MMORPG, way back in 2005, and while it wasn't a support setting, it kinda had the same social dynamic as a message board does.  

I met my husband online in 1995 in a game room call Mplayer, he moved out here in 1998 and we got married 2001, we were always meant to be together but it took us awhile to find each other!

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

pammieanne
on 10/19/16 8:50 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I met my ex husband in a chat room on AOL called 'Le Chateau' many many moons ago... while he's my ex now, we did make 2 pretty awesome children together!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Daffodilgirl
on 10/19/16 5:27 am

Glad you are ok!

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views