What's on your Menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 10/27/16 4:16 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Morning everyone! How are you all?  I am great! So woke up to just crappy old rain, no snow!  But I got up early and got ready and got into work early just in case!  It's cold and damp (temp is 3 (37F) and "feels like" -3 (27F) here so all you enjoying 70s & 80s think of your cold Northern friend Daisy and send warm thoughts! Ha ha hubby found me an awesome electric blanket on Amazon yesterday, he's so sweet he knows how much I suffer from the cold when our temps drop!

QOTD:  What is the worst advice you have received so far in regards to WLS,?  Can be from your WLS Centre, here on OH or maybe you know someone who had WLS before you and offered their "advice". I think for me the single worst thing (and there were many!) is the Nurse from my Centre thought my Iron Ferrtin levels were completely "normal" and continued to push me to try different oral Iron pills even thought my Ferrtin was tanking. Luckily I have the amazing support of the Vets here (thank you H.a.l.a & Grim) who pretty much said run don't walk and get an Iron Infusion. And get this even when my Iron Ferrtin got to a level of 4!!! the Nurse at my centre was against iron infusions and was going to push another oral pill. I am on my second round of iron infusions and no thanks to my centre but the Vets on OH my Iron is slowly going back up. I have a long haul ahead of me to get it to where WLS patients would be considered "normal" and I feel blessed I have the Vets here to help out!

Time since surgery: 2 yrs & 11.5 months

B: can of solid white Clover Lead tuna with Kraft Balsamic dressing 

L: 3.5oz of grilled Tandoori chicken with hot sauce

S: two baby bel cheese

D: making Loaded nachos (ground beef with taco seasoning, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa & guacamole on Tostitos corn chips, I will eat maybe 3 or 4 chips but the ground beef & cheese really fills me up!)

S: two babybel cheese & protein chicken soup (still have not tried this yet, I am not hungry in the evenings this week but putting it in there as that is what I am planning for)

TOTALS: 845 calories, 102 protein, 18 carbs, 45 fat

PatchMD vitamin patches are on (multi, iron, B12, vitD/calcium)

Liquids: 4 coffees down (one with Miralax) I take my coffee with lactose free milk & one Splenda. Lots of ice water with SF Ocean Spray cranberry juice mixed in

Exercise: If it stops raining will take the dogs out when I get home from work

Homework: Crock Pot recipe & Halloween pics for Friday!

Have an amazing day everyone!  

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Queen JB
on 10/27/16 4:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning, Daze & co! I'm back to work today but feeling kind of crappy this morning, so I'm not too excited to get going...

My worst advice is exactly the same as yours #twinsies. Without OH, I would have taken my surgeons words that a Ferritin level of 7 is normal. Ugh. I'm not having as much luck as you to get the infusion, though. Still working on it.

Since I'm still feeling crappy I'm not sure precisely what I'm eating, but here's my best guess:

B: Fit Frappe Coffee

S: Chobani flips yogurt

L: leftover Quesadilla cheeseburger

S: Babybel cheese

D: ?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Daisydoo02
on 10/27/16 4:36 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

You should work from home. You had a pretty invasive surgery and in my opinion should have taken the rest of the week off or did the work from home thing. Feel better!

I sure hope you can get your Iron sorted out soon JB, even though I am on my second infusion I still don't feel good.  Its hard and exhausting!  Please take to your PCP or Surgeon and say this is totally affecting my quality of life and I fear what kind of damage this is doing to me medically.  Push, push, push!  

Hope you have a good day and start to feel better soon!

lizz122964
on 10/27/16 7:10 am

Wishing you a speedy recovery 

mschwab
on 10/27/16 8:49 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Now is the time to pamper yourself Julia.  Feel better soon!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Queen JB
on 10/27/16 9:38 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ah I struggled so hard this morning with whether to punish "today me" "tomorrow me". I knew that if I took a whole day out today, I'd really be screwing myself tomorrow, so I decided to suck it up... 2.5 more hours then I'm out of here. I promise...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 10/27/16 4:28 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning D! Nice early start.

QOTD: My program had so much bad information. They had sample menus for a 1200 calorie diet. Wayyyy too much food. And all kinds of crappy carbs on there, like potatoes, oatmeal, and even bread. Inconceivable.

We went out to eat last night, and I am still shocked at how little I can eat since surgery. I had 8 french fries, and could only finish half a burger. The old fat me would have been pointing and laughing. He would have had an order of potato skins as an appetizer, all the fries and burger, and maybe dessert. And then looked to see what was in the fridge when I got home.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Daisydoo02
on 10/27/16 4:42 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

same with my centre Grim, the amount of calories and the pushing of carbs is ridiculous!  And they have the nerve to get mad when I am not eating bread and rice and potatoes.  UGH enough already!

You made me LOL with the "old fat me would have been pointing and laughing" hubby and I go to the same Diner for either Friday night dinner or Saturday morning breakfast.  We LOVE the staff there and know all their names and its wonderful but its one of those diners that serves a PLATTER of food, not a plate, a platter so we often will split one platter of food and have leftovers or I order two eggs and it comes with 4 slices of bacon and toast and home fries and cinnamon apples and I say hold the toast and home fries and they look at me like I am an Alien.  Yup like you I am still amazed at what I can't eat.   We had pork chops for dinner last night, I weight out my 4oz of pork chops and has broccoli on the side, I didn't even make it through the 4oz of chops before I knew I was "full" and looked sadly at my broccoli with lots of butter, the rest of the chops went to the dogs, hubby at the broccoli. Its weird and wonderful and strange and cool all at the same time!

have a great day!

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/16 8:01 am

Don't you love it when you can only eat a little bit. I know that sounds crazy. But it assures me that my tool is working.

Daffodilgirl
on 10/27/16 5:05 am

Good morning everyone. Yesterday I grazed and stress ate all day. I don't like that feeling at all. The scale still moved but I have no clue how. 

I am wearing a size Small shirt today!!!!!! 

QOTD- The worse information I received was to eat Cream of Wheat, Toast and eat cups of food not ounces. My NUT also told me to not worry about carbs. 

Time since surgery 7 months 171.6 

B- 1/2 fried egg and 1 piece of bacon

L- 2oz Hamburger patty with Worchestire sauce 

D- 2oz scallops with ginger drizzled on it 

S- 1 Babybel 

I hope everyone has a fantabulous day!!!! 

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?