You were all correct!

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/16 2:40 pm

Wow! I met with my surgeon today (actually his office) and she told me exactly what all of you said.  I need to keep up two shakes a day, I need to stay away from protein bars at this point and I need to slow down!

Thanks for all of the good advice!

Jeff

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/16 5:18 pm
RNY on 11/22/16

The vets on this board are wonderful! I've learned so much from them.

Lovely_Caprice
on 11/29/16 5:19 pm

Slow down what?

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/16 6:13 pm

Slow down trying to expedite the process

Daisydoo02
on 11/29/16 5:57 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

We are not just a bunch of pretty faces we actually know something LOL LOL

Stick around and you will continue to learn how awesome the Vets here are, I am successful 3 yrs post surgery become of them!

Thanks for the nice note!

And for the record I totally second the keep up protein shakes and stay far far far away from protein bars!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/16 6:22 pm

got it!

so what do I eat on the run? 

Catek2652
on 11/30/16 3:50 am
RNY on 10/26/15

On the run eating for me is not really a good idea. But it happens: So here is what I always take with me when I leave the house: a 1/4 cup of mixed nuts in a ziplock bag. I keep it in my purse. If I know I'm going to be out over a meal time and busy, I'll also stick a cheese stick in there. It will keep without refrigeration for at least a day. I just put it back in the frig if I didn't eat it.

On the flip side, if I get caught out, and I'm in the land of fast food, I found out Chix Filet has unbreaded chicken nuggets that come in packs as small a 4 which is perfect for a lunch if a bit high in salt. Very tasty in any case.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

NYMom222
on 11/30/16 6:21 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Protein Bars are a bad habit for most of us. Realizing you may not be here yet-  but babybel cheeses are perfectly portable. I put peeled hard boiled eggs in a sandwich bag with salt and pepper already on them. At a lot of convenience stores you can but hard boiled eggs or individual cheeses... sometimes yogurt. I have also discovered jerky. Some are better calories/protein wise than others.... also some are softer which I find easier to do. 

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Daisydoo02
on 11/30/16 8:14 am, edited 11/30/16 1:39 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi Jeff,

Well at a month out of surgery I was not hungry AT ALL. If I knew I was going to be away from the house and running around say doing errands I took liquids with me, not food.  I was just not hungry.  Week 3 & 4 for me (as per my Centre) was pureed diet. Week 5-9 was the soft diet, post week 10 I was eating "normal".  So here are some things that are portable at your stage. Not sure if your Centre has cleared you for "full food" at week 4 but here you go, this is from my Centre:

Week 3-4: "pureed" diet that are "eat on the run" - there are other foods but they are sit down foods

• unsweetened apple sauce with protein powder added (could take that in a small Tupperware dish)
  • no sugar added yogurt
  • protein shakes
  • mashed fish such as the tuna packets

Weeks 5-9: "soft" diet that are "eat on the run" - there are other foods but they are sit down foods

• string cheese or babybel cheese
  • yogurt
  • hard boiled eggs
  • chilli - such as Wendy's chilli if you are out

Week 10 and beyond is "all foods" but what I think a lot of new WLS patients forget is just because your Centre says "eat all food now" is not license to go "wild" and grab a big Mac combo from McDs, and I am not saying Jeff that is you, its is a lot of new post ops though.

Things I eat now at 3 yrs post op when I am "on the run"

• babybel cheese
  • My amazing friend JB (JuniperBerry) turned me on to these great all in one to go packages. She gets them at Target so when I was in the US last I picked up a few.  They are called "Go Picnic". There are several different flavour combos but one I have at work in my cupboard in case I forget breakfast or lunch is Beef salami & Asiago cheese.  (see pic below).   This one comes with beef salami, asiago cheese, flatbread crackers, some mixed fruit & nuts and a "sweet".  I just eat the beef/cheese/crackers and give away the nuts and sweet to someone. But that is a great idea of "on the run" food
  • Mr Cheese Os (also I got when I was in the US (at Target) last and JB turned me on to them too!)
  • Dry roasted peanuts in a ziploc bag
  • Moon Cheese
  • Beef Jerky when you can tolerate it
  • Homemade protein shake in a shaker bottle
  • Kay's Natural Cinnamon almond protein cookies (got them from Nashua Nutrition website)
  • And lastly a ton of water with a splash of SF cranberry juice

Best of luck!!!

ETA: the photos!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

RNY_elizabeth
on 11/30/16 8:46 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

What I am hearing you say is JB turns you on a lot. Just sayin'

:)

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views