What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers - START OF AMAW/CAMAW!

Daisydoo02
on 1/16/17 3:33 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning menu crew, Happy Monday!  AMAW/CAMAW starts today!  Let's see your meaty menus & pics!!  Did you all have a good weekend?  Mine was okay, low key. Hubby is feeling better and is back at Jury Duty today (yes its still going with a projected end date of end of April, possibly May, UGH!). I on the other hand have a brutal migraine today, I had a bad headache all weekend and today it just exploded in pain, I am taking a sick day.  I am bummed, I hate taking sick days and I hate migraines even more.  But I shall stick to my pretty awesome AMAW menu, I promise you all that!  Below is a link to my post from Friday about the guidelines and participants, we have 44 people getting meaty this week LOL

AMAW/CAMAW - Jan 13/17 - guidelines & participants

Oh and before I forget THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to post your Before & Afters on Friday's photo Friday, WOW just WOW you are all gorgeous and I will find time later today to respond to you all. I am just in awe of all your transformations and how amazing you all are, thanks everyone, that was really next level on Friday and it means the world to me all the support we have for each other and how good you all are doing on your WLS journeys!  Go menu crew!! 

QOTD: Since we are starting AMAW/CAMAW today I wondered if you have a spouse and or kids do you have them join in the fun with you doing AMAW/CAMAW?  Hubby and I went grocery shopping on Saturday and as I was filling the cart with lots of meat he would look at me funny and then go "oh right... AMAW next week." It was too cute!  So he eats AMAW with me and has no problem eating the way I do, I am lucky he is just a go with the flow kind of guy.  So for me I don't have to make an AMAW meal for me and him a separate meal. But last night while grilling sausages for the week we ran out of propane on the bbq, hubby has that on his agenda today to get that filled up after work, the horror right, no propane!! lol

Time since surgery: 3 yrs + 2 months

B: 4.6oz of large cooked shrimp + 2 tbsp of spicy ****tail sauce (not sure if I can finish all this shrimp but its weighed out so will see)

L: can of solid white tuna with balsamic dressing

S: 4oz of turkey kielbasa with A1 sauce

D: Trader Joes Chili lime chicken burger (trying this for the first time, hope I like it!!) with a sweet heat chili sauce

S: 4 slices of Longo's oven roasted turkey breast + honey mustard (this is the only deli meat that does not give me problems)

TOTALS: 745 calories, 116 protein, 21 carbs 

V: patches are on (multi, iron, B12, vitD & calcium)

L: black coffee sucks!!!! but I am drinking it for AMAW and I might die lol & lots of water all day with a bit of SF cranberry juice

E: nada, not feeling well today

Have an awesome day, lets see those AMAW/CAMAW menus & pics!  Be fabulous today! 

Here are my AMAW pics for today: shrimp weighed out for breakfast, tuna weighed out for lunch,  kielbasa weighed out for my snack, and my burgers for dinner with the rest of my food for the day. Missing from the pic is my deli turkey slices for my evening snack.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/16/17 3:47 am

Good luck everyone doing AMAW/CAMAW. Yea crew !!!

From someone who deals with constipation - proteins can constipate you - be proactive not reactive. Add fat -mayo, oil, butter, etc to help with that.  Magnesium - mag oxide, mag citrate - helps with that also...Last but not least - miralax... or stool softeners. 

Good luck everyone. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Daisydoo02
on 1/16/17 4:08 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

THANK YOU Hala!!! I totally forgot to mention that to all the newbies doing AMAW/CAMAW this week.

TAKE NOTE participants of Hala's post above, she is 100% correct!!   We have learned from previous AMAW weeks that all the protein you are eating tends to be very constipating. If you already take Miralax/Restoralax you should be fine, if you don't take anything yet you will need to and its best to start something today, see the list Hala notes above.  I take Miralax (restoralax) already daily so I will be fine, but please stay on top of this, lots of people in the last AMAW week had a lot of problems with constipation and needed "help."

Thanks Hala for looking out for us & for your support!!  

NYMom222
on 1/16/17 7:28 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Hala you are always the voice of wisdom... SO TRUE!!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Insert Fitness
on 1/16/17 3:48 am

Morning!

I can not believe your husband is still on jury duty. I totally forgot about that! Migraines are the worst. Hope it lets up today!

we had a good weekend, although I went to a strength training class on Friday and my legs were killing me all weekend. Like sitcom level pain and waddling around the house! ... and I'm going back at 9 am this morning for another one hahaha. 

Qotd: I'm not doing amaw this time, as I'm just getting back on a good bathroom routine, and I'm not messing with it hahaha. But I feel like I'm missing out! In our household, it's just the two of us, and my husband is definitely on board with my new way of eating. He even sends me recipes every now and then to try, and he eats what I eat.

menu:

B:premiere protein shake

L: chicken salad on half of live organic wrap

D: tbd we're invited to an industry night open house thing at a brewery, and I'm not sure what's involved with it. I'll probably eat some tuna or something before going, as I'm not confident how wls friendly the food will be. I know their regular restaurant food is, but imagine this will be different.

have a great day everyone!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Daisydoo02
on 1/16/17 5:22 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I love strength training classes!  Good for you IF!!  

So cute your hubby sends you recipes!

Just a suggestion, you should eat your chicken salad as is or over lettuce leaves, you don't need half a wrap at 4 months out, just my honest opinion.  You don't post totals of your food so I have no idea what your protein or carbs are at for the day but wraps, even a half should not be on your menu until you get to goal.  But you do what works for you.

Insert Fitness
on 1/16/17 5:52 pm

Yeah the classes are great! So far, there aren't tons of people in them, so the instructor has a chance to offer corrections as she goes. 

In the end, I did just have the chicken salad without the wrap. They are a raw food wrap, it's like Puree veg and some flax seeds, then partially dehydrated. A half has 5 carbs. My carbs range mostly between 10-25. Do you think I should drop them? 

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Daisydoo02
on 1/16/17 7:52 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I am a fitness class junkie so good for you!

Thanks for letting me know about the wrap, never hear of it. 5 carbs is not bad for it.  10-25 is good for where you are, I would not go above 25 in this losing stage but that is a great range to be in. I honestly think you are doing awesome and just want you to get the biggest bang for your buck so to speak while in the losing phase.

Keep up the great work my friend!

Insert Fitness
on 1/17/17 1:48 am

Great thanks! And no worries, I always want feedback, otherwise, I wouldn't post my menu!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

Queen JB
on 1/16/17 4:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning everyone! Aw Daisy, sorry you are sick. Me too! Yesterday I woke up with sniffles and as the day went on it became clear that I was really fighting something. I slept and watched tv for the majority of the day and took nighttime cold meds and managed to sleep for another 11 hours last night. I just refuse to be sick before I leave for this trip tomorrow! 

Since I ended up being sick, the menu I posted yesterday was a total lie. I ended up only having bacon and about 1/4 of a tuna melt and a few onion rings. I definitely didn't exercise either. Ugh. I really could use an AMAW week, but I know that with travel it will be too hard to do it for real. 

QOTD: Grim and I kept each other in check during the last AMAW. And my mom had RNY about 6 years ago and she often reads this thread (start posting, Mom!!!!). Anyway, she got interested in AMAW when we all did it a few months ago and tried it. I don't know if she stuck to it completely, but she was another supporter :)

I am not going to plan a full menu today--I feel too crappy. But I have a leftover tuna melt, yogurt, nuts & cheese and deli meat on hand. Not AMAW, but typical meals for me in maintenance. Have a great day everyone!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 283 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?