What's on your Menu Today (Thursday) RNYers - Day 4 of AMAW/CAMAW!

Daisydoo02
on 1/19/17 3:33 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning menu crew! Foggy, cold, rain and blah here! It does not feel like Winter, feels like Fall. I don't mind rain but not when it cold out and the ground is frozen! I am feeling better each day, thanks all for you support and well wishes.  And for the rest of you dealing with the cold & flu I hope you all start to feel better soon too!

So my AMAW/CAMAW participants? Day 4!!!! How is everyone doing? I am seeing all different feedback. Some of you killing this challenge and losing weight big time, some of you are finding you are not hungry and can not even finish your planned out food for the day.  Some of you are struggling and are going through carb withdrawal (yes its a thing and its hard!) and some of you had to drop the challenge for various personal reasons and that's okay maybe you can join in next time we do this!  But let me tell you how much I am loving it. I am so full like the others have said, I am not having carb cravings and am losing weight.  I do miss my milk/eggs/cheese/veggies but eating meat for a week to "reset" is so doable, its hard after being on a sugar & carb bender over Christmas, but like I said its doable.  What do you all think?  So my weight so far: Monday 128.8, Tuesday. 128.1, Wednesday 127.0, today I am 125.4 so a total loss so far of 3.4 lbs, yay! Has anyone noticed their energy level is better too?  I had so much energy yesterday it was quite noticeable the difference.

QOTD: What is your fav dense protein that you have eaten so far that agrees with you. What is your fav way to prepare it and if you have a recipe you want to share with us then you get bonus points!  I for sure have a top 5 dense protein that I love (steak, tuna, chicken, shrimp, salmon) but by far it has to be steak is my number one love.  As a treat Hubby brought home steaks for us last night (he is totally into AMAW and its so fun doing this together) and you will see in my pics below I weighed the whole steak cooked it was 7.7 ounces and could barely eat half I was so full, DENSE PROTEIN for the WIN! I stayed full for hours!! I have to cook my steak on the bbq. Is there any other way?????? I put some ground pepper on it and when it comes off the grill I let it rest 10 mins and then put some salt on it and have it with A1 sauce, man I am drooling now just talking about it LOL I don't have a recipe, its buy the steak, bbq the steak, eat the steak!  Booyah!!!

Time since surgery: 3 years + 2 months

B: can of solid white tuna + 2 tbsp balsamic dressing

L: can of solid white tuna + 2 tbsp balsamic dressing

S: 4 deli slices of oven roasted turkey breast + 1 tbsp of honey mustard

D: other half of my steak 3.75oz of grilled top sirloin + 1 tsp A1 sauce

S: 4 deli slices of oven roasted turkey breast + 1 tbsp of honey mustard (by the way hubby loves this combo too and I have to go and get more as he is eating it all on me LOL)

TOTALS: 915 calories, 129 protein, 23 carbs

V: patches are on (multi, iron, B12, Vit D & calcium)

L: black coffee with restoralax & 1 splenda (shudders, although I am getting used to the black coffee, I don't like it but it is possible to drink it ha ha) and lots of water with a splash of SF cranberry juice all day

E: walk on my lunch hour at work and hiking the dogs when we get home

Photo Friday tomorrow, open topic, post whatever you want.  Those of us doing AMAW/CAMAW you can just post your meaty pics!

Have an awesome day menu crew and Be Fabulous! 

Today's pics: tuna + balsamic for breakfast & lunch, steak for dinner, sorry the pic is sideways, not sure why it did that and I only have half of that steak left. And both my snacks are the deli turkey breast slices + honey mustard

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

lykapal
on 1/19/17 3:53 am
RNY on 05/16/16

QOTD: Beef, without a doubt. Top 5? 1. Filet, mmm! 2. Ribeye, yes please! 3. Chuck roast, so good! 4. Ground sirloin, yum! 5. Bacon (Okay so it's not beef, but it's bacon!!)

I can deal with most proteins so far, dryer things are a struggle because I don't really like any condiments. Yep, I'm a weirdo. I can tolerate A1, certain BBQ sauces and ranch dressing. Nothing else. I tend to eat beef because I don't have to cook it to death, but I'm learning to eat dark meat. (chicken thighs specifically) And pork chops can be slow cooked and made super tender, and they keep in the fridge - at least until one of my daughters gets hungry at midnight. Hah.

I'm handling the challenge easily. Sometimes I want to grab a handful of cashews or pretzels just for something crunchy, but it's not what I would call a craving. I can wait for that until Saturday. I'm just making my bacon crispier for now, because I'm a problem solver! LOL

Today's menu

Coffee: 2 Decaf, with 2 tbsp light cream (120, 0)

B: 1 Egg scrambled in butter, 3 slices Bacon (153, 9)

S: 1oz Black Forest ham rolled, with sharp cheddar cheese stick (120, 16)

L: Boneless chicken thighs, baked (130, 22)

S: Light n Fit Greek Yogurt (80, 12)

D: 4oz Pork chops roasted in cream sauce (140, 12)

Shakes: Premier Protein, Chocolate (130, 23)

Calories: 833 Protein: 112

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

Lessoflinda
on 1/19/17 3:55 am - NY

Good morning all...

Doing well, even with a hiccup here or there.  Stayed on plan yesterday. 

Have been headachey (bad, bad carbs withdrawal) but otherwise feeling better!  No carb-zombie episodes AND not one low blood sugar incident - that's huge.

Down 4# to boot

QOTD  chicken 

Todays plan:

B- protein shake

L- protein shak

D- chicken 'salad'

s- for snacks, I have baybel, hard boiled eggs, or yogurt available.

E- treadmill walking. 

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

Grim_Traveller
on 1/19/17 4:38 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Have you been getting low blood sugar from reactive hypoglycemia?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/19/17 5:38 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I was going to ask the same thing.  I have found that being a meatatarian has completely controlled that for me.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Lessoflinda
on 1/19/17 8:19 am - NY

Yes.  Used to have it occasionally pre-surgery, but, horrible now.  I've had as low as 29.  Most of the time, I know why.  Occasionally, I am unsure why.

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/19/17 4:04 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I'm feeling well 8 days post-op from PS. I am working from home almost full-time (6 hours yesterday with a 1.5 hour break mid-day). I'm going to keep that schedule more or less today and tomorrow and should be truly fulltime beginning next week. 

QOTD: I think my favorite dense protein is probably tuna.  I enjoy it as tuna salad, but also grilled fresh. Actually in general, it is probably fish (shell or relatively white/mild).  Strange, as before WLS I didn't like fish much.

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese

L: TUNA! and cottage cheese

D: Haddock

S: nut thins and hummus, protein bar (?) or protein shake

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

lizz122964
on 1/19/17 9:14 am

I think its incredible that your only 8 days post op and your working already. Well done Liz. I am looking forward to seeing your results. Take care. 

alston87
on 1/19/17 4:04 am
RNY on 02/27/17

Good morning!

QOTD:  We have to eat a lot of chicken and turkey at my house because my husband is a heart patient, but I love red meat.  When we first started with no red meat I thought I was going to pull over at a pasture and chase a cow with a fork and knife!  I do have red meat now but we try to only have it about once a week.  I don't know how my tummy will feel about it once it becomes a pouch though!  My favorite thing is cube steak!

Stayed on track yesterday for the most part.  Did add an extra snack but a healthy one and still was within my calories.  

B:  Protein shake

S: P3 protein pack

L: Triples zero oikos yogurt and moon cheese

D:  BBQ chicken and green beans

S: maybe a PB2 shake

Exercise:  Walked 2 miles at the gym this morning and did leg weight machines

HW: 290ish    Consult Weight: 262   Height: 5' 7''

Initial Consult: 12/9/16  RNY:  2/27/17

Grim_Traveller
on 1/19/17 4:39 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Chasing cows with a knife and fork. Been there.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 239 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics