Two week update..no green light yet :(

Archamedes
on 1/19/17 10:42 am, edited 1/19/17 10:47 am
RNY on 01/30/17

I am getting so uptight about everything.  I had my abdominal ultrasound and that needed an MRI backup which came out fine (I had a fatty liver with sparing) ,but delayed things.  I thought I was good to go but I had an EKG and it was abnormal so now I'm off to cardiology on Valentine's day.  In a way, this journey is good I guess, I'm finding out I'm not as healthy as I thought I was but I am mentally stronger than ever and so determined to get healthy!  We don't realize what we do to our bodies when we have unhealthy habits.  I look at my boys and see them headed in the same direction and I know it's from me.  Im not going to let this happen to them.  We are all in this together!

LissaK
on 1/19/17 3:49 pm
RNY on 12/21/16

Hang in there, you have a wonderful attitude!

Archamedes
on 1/19/17 4:27 pm
RNY on 01/30/17

Thank you.  Some days it's hard to be positive.  My husband and kids are my biggest supporters and they keep me focused.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 1/19/17 4:46 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Two thoughts come to mind:

1- Drs are naturatlly conservative - that's good for you because it reduces risk during surgery and more people survive!!!

2-Knowing how many health issues you have pre-op will help you keep it off when it's no longer about appearances.

Hang in there - God's delay is not denial.

Sharon

wags1231
on 1/20/17 6:21 am - Springfield, IL

Hi Archamedes,

I found myself in a similar situation last week when my PA told me my EKG came back "funny." Not very comforting, that's for sure! He said the patterns were consistent with heart disease. I am usually pretty tough and can save my ugly crying for when I'm alone, but I lost it when I heard that. I'm only 29 years old, and to think I could already have heart problems immediately brought up such strong feelings of guilt ("You should never have picked up a cigarette, you always did drink a lot"). I walked out of his office and cried for about three days straight, and I didn't tell a soul. (BIG mistake. It was like a rock just sitting on my chest, suffocating me.) it's been a week since my appointment and I'm feeling a little better about things. I've accepted that there is nothing I can do about it now besides continue being healthy and doing everything I can to stay that way. I hope everything comes back alright with your tests. Thank you for sharing your story. It's encouraging to read posts of people who are going through similar things as I am. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics