AMAW & CAMAW Winners!

Daisydoo02
on 1/23/17 7:59 am, edited 1/23/17 8:19 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi everyone,

3rd AMAW/CAMAW was a great success!  I am so thrilled how well you all did and how much everyone seemed to have "learned" from this challenge and each other!  We had a lot of newbies join us this time and I am so pleased to see how you all realized that eating dense protein even after you have put on a few pounds or let the carbs creep back in can really help.  A lot of you became aware how our "tool" still works if you just follow the "protein forward" rule.  Dense Protein is where its at!! 

Jan 16th - 20th, 2017 Winners are:

AMAW

AMAW King: Grim Traveller 

AMAW Queen: Kat W.

Honourable mention goes to Daffodilgirl 

CAMAW

CAMAW King - cc583 

Honorable mention goes to AlanG 

CAMAW Queen - Emiepie

Honourable mentions goes to Cathy V. & Pokemom

Here is how you all did (after my final tally we had 50 participants signed up!):

For the Queens - Congrats a bouquet of "Chocolate dipped bacon roses"

For the Kings - Congrats a bouquet of "Meat Roses"

Until the next AMAW/CAMAW which we are planing for after Easter stay meaty my friends!

MC (Meat Coordinator) Daisy 

Below is a link to who won the last AMAW we did in September 2016!

Winners of AMAW - Sept 6 2016

AMAW
Daisydoo02

I Love AMAW, I lost a total of 4.7 pounds for the week and loved that it cuts the carb cravings and how

much dense protein keeps me full for hours!

Maddymoe Really enjoyed the AMAW challenge, wants to eat this way all the time, so satisfying and kept her full. Great Job!
Nik_H Loved AMAW, stuck to the challenge all week. YAY!
Grim Traveller

LOVES AMAW, has now participated in 3 AMAWs.  Stated "No one got obese from eating protein." 

Its amazing to see someone eat the same thing  in one day!  Great job!

Daddodilgirl

Loved AMAW and got her whole family involved and they all lost weight too as "Normies," her son loving 12.3 lbs! 

YAHOO. Realised like many of us carbs has slipped back into her diet and having AMAW was a great reset to

get them out. Lost 6.1 pounds herself and is very close to her goal weight!  Awesome!

Nanny13 Did well on AMAW, was able to stay off the shakes & yogurt and lost 3 lbs!  YAY
FozzieBear

Did really well with eating CAMAW. Is only 2 months post op so pretty much eats this way already.

Did struggle getting high protein numbers without a protein shake but loved the challenge and sees how this

can refocus your eating plan if needed. Lost 2.9 lbs. YAY!

Kat W.

Really glad she did AMAW, b/c  she was getting "snacky" in the evenings but now its GONE with doing AMAW. 

Lost a total of 7.3 lbs and plans on doing it a little bit longer!! Yahoo! 

CAMAW
Chassibi

Felt CAMAW has been difficult to stick to, carbs have come back in since the holidays  but now has an increased

awareness and lost 2 lbs! Great Job!

pammieanne

Loved CAMAW. Loved seeing how by eating this way it really highlights how much "a bite here or a handful of

almonds there" really add up.  Lost 1.2 pounds & is very happy! YAY!

rachelp

Loved CAMAW and loved  how easy it was, not wondering what to eat or have for snacks. Did really well and

only added cream for coffee so was pretty close to being AMAW. Awesome!

Cjonorcas

Was really excited to join in on CAMAW, lost 1 lb and this meat week really highlighted to her how much

she was snacking. That's a win, YAY

mschwab

Did great on CAMAW, loves the reset.  Is thinking of maybe extending it a week or two more.  As of Day 3

she was down 5 lbs. YAY!

NYMom222

Was not able to stick to CAMAW totally, called it "CAMAW Lite" for her this week & does enjoy the reset it

gives the body and feels it s a great way to get off carbs. YAY!

lykapal

Handled CAMAW easy, is a full time caregiver to the grand kids & the little things like a few cheerios here and

there are what adds weight on so it was great to have this accountability and by having to check in with CAMAW. 

And that she always has cupcakes in her house made my her awesome daughter who the head baker at a place

called "Cupcake Downsouth, in Charleston SC and I am totally jealous cuz I love cupcakes! Awesome Job!

ladygodiva1228

Did great this week, learned to get the last 30 lbs off needs to track & measure everything & up the water i

ntake and is down 3.25 lbs and was meeting 100oz goal of liquids intake and feels great! Great Job!

pr31

Thought CAMAW was great. Lost 3 lbs this week.  Realized biggest downfall was snacking on almonds and

realized needs to stick to dense protein and lots & lots of water!  Yay!

conazza

Loved CAMAW, down  3.5 lbs in total and is going to continue to eat this way, is a very "happy camper"

& had lots of energy and is so much closer to goal! Is planning on doing AMAW next time! Yay!

wannabesupermommy Did not check in with us
Jo_Jo Did not check in with us
Pokemom

Loved CAMAW, did really well.  Has the best line "good reminder--as C/AMAW is--about mindless little

sabotaging habits." Was not craving carbs this week and lost 7.1 lbs! YAY 

killinmesmalls77 Did not check in with us
sparklekitty Julie

Had a bad cold this week but did well with CAMAW!  Feel better Julie and hope you can join us on the

next AMAW/CAMAW week!

Emiepie

Loved CAMAW, feels less bloated & more in control of food and loves the group challenge.

Enjoyed feeling full on less food. Lost 8 lbs this week! Awesome!

OneBlueSock

Really liked CAMAW, is wearing her wedding ring again!! Is scheduled for revision from lapband to RNY on

Feb 10th & is excited & nervous for surgery. Lost a few lbs too! YAY!

AlanG

Really enjoyed CAMAW and cleaned the house of carbs. Would like to keep eating this way but will add in a salad.

Had awesome protein numbers and lost 4.8 lbs! YAY

yvonne1964

Was enjoying the challenge but had to remove herself from the challenge due to travelling and not eating CAMAW,

missed her veggies but was full!  She will join us next time!!

JaxLiving

Loved CAMAW, down 2.4 pounds for the week, was able to break a bad stall & is less than 20 lbs to goal

and is thrilled about it!  Is thinking of doing CAMAW for Lent. Awesome Job!

cc583

Loved CAMAW, did really well!  Plans on eating this way going forward with some veggies added in. 

Lost 6 lbs and broke into the 300s!  Awesome!

lizz122964

Did well and enjoyed CAMAW. Realized that when you let carb snacks back in you grave them more & more,

lost 3 lbs, YAY!

ttfan

loved meat week, did well on CAMAW and lost a few pounds and said would like to continue to eat like this

for a while longer. YAY !

Kandace F.

Did well on CAMAW, is early out so pretty much eats this way anyway. Found a brand new pair of jeans in

hubby's closet that fit perfectly! WIN!

Deanna798 Deanna checked in with us a few days of CAMAW and did really well.   Hope you will join us next time too!
ecm1109 Did not check in with us
siberiancat

Did well on the challenge even with the unexpected call to be in the hospital with her Mom & had

great menus, stayed on plan as much as she can and lost 2 lbs! YAY!

darlingshell2005 Did not check in with us
breck_fish

Loved CAMAW, really surprised at how full she felt. And loved that it got her back on track.

Down 3 lbs and is going to do the next Meat Week with us. YAY!

RNY_elizabeth Was not able to join the CAMAW challenge this time due to travelling out of town, hope you join us next time!
stacyrg Was not able to finish the challenge due to some health issues.  Hope you can join us next time!
LessofLinda

Really enjoyed CAMAW and enjoyed being back on track and part of the menu crew. Found energy

and realized some bad patterns shew as keeping.  Lost 4.5 lbs and is back on track! YAY!

kakesie

Thrilled she did CAMAW, and it has restarted her loss again and lost 5 lbs,  realized carbs (& protein bars)

have come back into her diet recently.  Had a bit of carb withdrawal after day 1 but it got better and

she felt full on dense protein. Great job!

MaryGee Did really well on CAMAW, ridding herself of carbs is a "blessing."   Good job!
Brandi Gril

Really enjoyed this challenge and getting back on track and learning from the other menu posters.

Realized that eating carbs makes you want to eat more carbs. Doing CAMAW has helped with getting

a handle on portion sizes and that her "tool" still works after 6 years, Yay!

newme14

Loved CAMAW. Didn't realize how much she needed it. Loves the support & accountability and is

planning on sticking around with the men crew! Lost 3.2 lbs! YAY!

Cathy V.

CAMAW has been great but missed veggies.  Great way to kick start weight loss and "what my pouch

feels like and how much better I do with protein protein protein." Lost 7 lbs! 

Evoo

Enjoyed CAMAW, stated she had moderate success as carbs crept back in as the week progressed.

Did lose 2 lbs and see the benefits of tracking and posting on the daily menu! YAY!

LynneAlex

Did struggle eliminating carbs, prefers to have more notice to give herself a week or two to prepare.

Did find she had more energy & felt more in control, this is a good change!! YAY!

SPECIAL MENTION

TheDuffman27, came back to the menu post, has been busy & put on a few pounds was able in

4 days of posting & getting back to the "rules" was down 4.4 lbs! Awesome job!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/23/17 8:06 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Thank you, DaisyDoo2 - -for all the work and effort you put into this challenge.  You're an amazingly gracious "host" and I am incredibly grateful for having made better acquaintance during this challenge. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Grim_Traveller
on 1/23/17 8:13 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Thanks Daisy! You deserve a huge bouquet of meat roses for all your hard work. Really, this is above and beyond.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Queen JB
on 1/23/17 11:41 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I didn't even medal in this round of AMAW, but I still get to live with the guy who has a bouquet of meat flowers. I think I did this right... 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

CathyV
on 1/23/17 8:27 am

Congrats to everyone! And to Daisy, this must be huge to take on...chocolate dipped bacon, is that really a thing??That looks amazing. Drool.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

chassibi
on 1/23/17 8:29 am

Thank you Daisy! And congrats to the reigning Queens & Kings!

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

pammieanne
on 1/23/17 8:30 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Congratulations everyone!!!!!

Kat... really... pass those roses around... that looks divine!

Grim... Get to grilling!

Everyone else, we're all winners for kicking the carbs to the curb (if only for a few days)!!

Looking forward to the next! I may have to consider AMAW next time!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

ladygodiva1228
on 1/23/17 9:03 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Thank you so much for doing this Daisy.  I have to admit those chocolate covered bacon roses I would so eat.  I have had chocolate covered bacon before and yes it is really good.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Emiepie
on 1/23/17 9:05 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Awww! Couldn't do it without our Daisy!! 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Theduffman27
on 1/23/17 9:34 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Daisy - Thank you for organizing and being such a great friend to all as well as motivator and moderator.

congrats to all participants and I am bowing to the King and queen. Great job to all !

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 321 views