Opti

CarlRay
on 2/20/17 4:59 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I had my Pre-op on Friday and met the Anesthesiologist.  I was down a few pounds with the RN appointment and the dr and I had a good chat about things.  

I started the Opti this morning for my 1-week the surgeon gave me.  It wasn't so bad, not nearly what the dietician made it sound like.  No doubt I'll be sick of it (and I have some concerns about the trots...I walk 5.5 km each way for work, lol a lot can happen in that hour).  

This weekend I didn't go crazy with the food, but I did enjoy what will be the last food for a little while.  My wife did something pretty awesome for supper last night; we went to Ruby Tuesday's.  I had a salad, burger and a baked potato (having said bye to fries long ago), and a bite of her steak.  I savoured it all and really appreciated that gesture.  

Drinking my Opti this morning, I have this weird sense of peace going into all of this like it's meant to be.  No nerves or anxiety in the least, though I feel there should be.  It's only been 7 1/2 months since orientation, all tests have gone smoothly with no complications to deal with and the appointments got my head on straight for the maintenance part later.  

There will be rocky moments, hard days and good days but in the end, when I'm living past 50 while wearing a normal fitting suit on an amusement park ride that my arse fits into, I'll be smiling.  

:)

Kathy1212
on 2/20/17 5:17 am

I so loved reading this; you have a great outlook on life!

Congrats on starting opti; surgery will be here before you know it.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

CarlRay
on 2/20/17 5:28 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Thanks Kathy

I'm pretty excited to get the number moving south on the scale.  I don't really focus on that for more than the gauge it is, but the health benefits that are coming will be huge.  

Eye on the prize.  As Steve Miller says, you've got to go through hell before you get to heaven.  

The Salty Hag
on 2/20/17 6:32 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I had heard horror stories about Optifast..and I had zero problems with it and actually liked the taste; good thing since I was on it for 30 days.

I was allowed to have one Opti bar per day and got to eat one food meal per day plus all the sugar free jello I wanted. That also made it easier. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

CarlRay
on 2/20/17 5:22 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

I've made it through day 1 of the shakes.  I like the taste of it, but it's really a lot sweeter than I prefer.  6 more to go.  The hunger is rearing its ugly head a bit but I'm too stubborn to listen to it.  It was a bit difficult because I was at a hockey game with my daughters, surrounded by arena food but I managed.  My reward was the 4th shake and a decaf green tea.  I'm not bothering with the broth yet.  

Hoping to just buckle down and get this done.  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views