What's on Your (PHOTO) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/17/17 1:49 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy St Patrick's Day!!! Are you Irish? Grim and I both are (it's mandatory in Boston, right?) but no plans to celebrate. I will be wearing green to school though, and probably dodging green doughnuts and treats all day!

Is is me or has this been an extremely long week? The bitter bitter cold temps in March really make everything feel so bleak. It feels like it is in the teens today, again and I'm convinced that the snow is never going to melt.

March has been a really crappy month for me, historically, and this week brought up a bunch of feelings. My Photo Friday may depresss you. Sorry.

7 years ago this week, I was in the middle of moving, and had 85% of what I owned in a storage unit that flooded. Yep--my stuff was in one of those shed units down there...

And two years ago, my parents had a massive house fire and lost everything. Thankfully they got out okay and no one was hurt, but they really lost everything and it has been a tough two years to get them somewhere better than where they were before.

This is a picture of the "after" of my childhood bedroom:

And, although this does not compare... this is the view from my office window yesterday, just to give you a sense of the bitter cold:

So, I am in a pretty bummed-out mood and really looking forward to some fun and relaxing this weekend. Saturday, we are going to to a food packaging event to support needy people, then hanging out with my parents, and maybe seeing Beauty and the Beast. Pretty relaxing and nice, I hope!

QOTD: Do you still have any of your childhood dolls or stuffed animals? This is probably going to sound really silly (because I am a 42 year old woman!) but one of things that bothered me this week me when I looked at pics of the fire this week, that never bothered me before, was thinking about the old stuffed animals that were at my parents house and are obviously gone, now.

20 months post op / haven't weighed in yet today! / maintenance diet

B: Fit Frappe Coffee

S: Starbucks Egg Bites and Venti Iced Coffee

L: Chicken Salad

S: Trader Joes's Oven Baked Cheese Bites

D: Meat (tbd!) probably either a burger, ham steak or ribeye

Vitamins: Patches (D3, Mult & Iron) Oral (Calcium Citrate and 2 additional iron)

Exercise: 2.6 mile run

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

merryrose
on 3/17/17 2:16 am

Happy Friday!!! I still haven't figured out how to post photos from my phone today.

Im sorry to hear about the fire. I can be very sentimental and hang on to all kinds of old things so that seems particularly devastating to me. As far as the QOTD, I'm not sure if they're still around or not. I'll find out soon, tough, because my parents are selling my childhood home later this year and any old stuff of mine from the attic will resurface.

After a lot of deliberation and reviewing of menu options, ingredients, and nutritional info, I accepted an invite to go out to lunch today. I suggested a local health food chain called B.Good. I plan to eat half of their harvest beet salad. And I'll get the dressing on the side so I can save the other half.

I managed to eat all my food yesterday! Here's today's plan:

B coffee with one scoop vanilla protein powder and 4 oz milk. Later leftover protein mini muffins with ricotta/torani

S 1/2 cup cottage cheese

L 1/2 harvest beet salad

S 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with vanilla protein powder and pumpkin pie spice

D fried riced cauliflower (modified eggface recipe)

Calories: 745; carbs: 43; protein: 83

Queen JB
on 3/17/17 5:31 am, edited 3/16/17 10:31 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

There might be a better way to post photos but here is how I do it!

Top right of your screen has a pink + sign. Click: upload photo. Once the photo is uploaded to your personal page, then you can add it to a post, later.

At the top left of the post you are writing there is a button that says add photo. Click it and choose from the photos you previously uploaded to your page.

merryrose
on 3/17/17 5:35 am

Queen JB
on 3/17/17 5:38 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Nailed it :)

Emiepie
on 3/17/17 6:22 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

M. P.
on 3/17/17 5:47 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Thanks for the instructions!!!

ttfan
on 3/17/17 2:23 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I am tired of cold also! So depressing I love the sun and warm weather!!! Loving my new job! It is actually fun I think...lol

My husband and I are both Irish but we don't really celebrate except for corned beef and cabbage that we had last night and it was YUMMY!

Breakfast
Bacon
Lean Ham
Egg 1
Lunch
Premier Protein Shake
Dinner
Beef Ny Sirloin
Cauliflower Mashed Potatos

Totals cal 738 carbs 19 Pro 96

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/17/17 3:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm sorry March is tough for you. It is for me as well, as it was my daughter's last month 12 years ago. Every year I replay those last weeks when she went downhill so fast leading to her death on March 22. But Elise did love St Patrick's Day: Shamrock Shakes, dressing in green (wigs, hats, beads) and going to parades. My husband is 75% Irish (surname O'Brien) and I am probably about 50% (mothers maiden name Duffy).

QOTD: No, I didn't save any of my childhood dolls or stuffed animals though I had many of them. However I do have a lot of my grandmothers furniture and family jewelry which to me is irreplaceable, so I would be seriously depressed if any of it was destroyed as well.

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese, English muffins and peanut butter

L: insides of a sandwich at a work luncheon

D: Going out with friends for dinner

S: almonds

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Patty R.
on 3/17/17 4:01 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 545 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 528 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 417 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views